“Best Hotel Ever”

Ranked #65 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
manchester
“Best Hotel Ever”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Just got back from zante had the most amazing holiday... Hotel basic but you get6 what you pay for... this hotel is more ideal for younger generations which was perfect for me and my friends as were all 22/23 its noisey at 8am in the morning when ur getting home, but its Zante and Laganas which is a Party Resort So Its Well Expected To Be That Way... Pool Bar Reasonable Priced Nice Food.... Staff So Friendly Loved The Owners And Paul Who Works Behind The Paul Lovely guy such A Laugh... Pool nice And Clean Spent Most Days Around It... As Majority of Us Where Hungove haha... Defo Recommend It And Certainly go Back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank kiza69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cardiff
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Perkes hotel alongside my 5 other girlfriends. I stayed at the Perkes for a week in July 2010. The owners were very friendly ran by an australian family. Breakfast was included in our stay but we mostly bought breakfast from the pool side bar as we didnt make it for 10am and the breakfast provided was either bread or cereals. Theres plenty of beds around the pool side with a fairly large pool and well known up to date music playing around the pool every day. The rooms were pretty basic but clean, although towels were only changed twice through out the week where i feel this could be improved. But overall the hotel is clean. The location is okay! its about a 15minute walk into the main strip where all the well known clubs are, we walked there and back every night so it wasnt too much of a problem. There was also a supermarket about 2 minutes away from the hotel. The nights were pretty noisey, but if the noise gets out of control staff from the hotel tend to deal with it to try keep noise to a minimum. The hotel is definetley for young people and would not recommend to families. However i thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Perkes and was surprised how nice the hotel was when i arrived, and would stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I'm 19 and have travelled a fair amount and stayed in some dumps before my trip I had read loads of bad reviews before going and was not looking forward to it at all. But when I arrived I was pleasantly suprised.
It served its purpose and for a group of teenagers luxury wasn't what we were looking for, it was a place to get washed and sleep.
The bar staff at the pool bar were amazing they were really friendly and good to talk to. All the staff at the hotel were really nice and happy to help with any problems you may have.
The night watchman is a good source of entertainment an odd little man to be honest.
They are well experienced with handling drunken groups, as a resort it's a huge binge drinking area and they deal with it well.
Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I would return to the same hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
east yorks
Reviewed October 31, 2009

You get what you pay for. Sheets are not changed all week. Towels are only changed once! Shower was full of hair. Mattress was dirty. Cover on bed was filthy. Breakfast was boring.

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank sahbi10
york
Reviewed September 23, 2009

The Perkes is a very basic hotel so don't expect any luxuries. Breakfast is the same every day. 3 slices of bread, orange juicre, slice of ham and cheese, one butter and one jam. One sachet of coffee and one teabag. On a plus note there is a marvellous taverna 100 yards to the left of the hotel called Pythari. Great food and excellent service, highly recommend a meal there..

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Laganas hotels

West Midlands
Reviewed September 21, 2009

On arrival in our room I found poo all over the toilet and seat, the bathroom had not been cleaned, after complaining the cleaner came but was not clean still so I bought cleaning stuff and did it myself. The room was very basic but it is only a 2 star so that is what you would expect. The doors were secure and I did feel safe. I found the hotel staff were friendly, nice and helpful. The meals purchased were very nice and the price reasonable. The hotel had some younger guests but these were all nice and quiet at night time, with the exception of two rooms where the occupants were selfish and talked on the balcony from 5.23am waking everyone in the block of 20 rooms. I spoke with the Owners the next morning and they had a sign put on the room doors to warn them that night time noise would not be tolerated and they would have to leave if it happened again which did work. I was shocked to find that we had to vacate our room by midday on our sixth day 20th September, when we were booked to stay seven nights from the 14th September. (THIS IS IN THOMAS COOKS TERMS AND CONDITIONS). They state that your room is available for you from 12am on the morning that you arrive at resort, our flight was not until 1.25am on the 14th but that counted as the first night. We had to pay 30euros to keep the room, it states until midnight but the hotel allowed us to stay until ready to leave at 3.30am. This is possibly why our room was not cleaned meaning the room actually was not ready. We will be taking this further. We were never warned about this and would not have booked this holiday had we have known. I did like the resort and found the local people polite and welcoming but we were also polite. We may go back at some time to the resort but not under the smae terms as I feel we were ripped off.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I had a 2 week stay in the Perkes hotel in June with a friend, we found the family who run the hotel to be very nice and friendly and the rooms and pool area were mostly kept tidy. We were told on arrival that drinking alcohol was not permitted in the hotel rooms, only at the bar and that any noise made on a night time would not be tolerated. Every night in the hotel however was extremely noisy with rowdy drunkiness and girls fighting in the corridor one night, but the hotel staff dealt very well with this and anyone causing a nuisance was warned first of all and then told to pack their bags if there was any more bother and this did happen to a few groups of people. So if you are young and going for a drunken holiday i wouldnt reccomend coming back to the hotel and making lots of noise, stay out in the bars unless you are just coming home to sleep because you will be kicked out! The worst part of the hotel is its location, its about a 30minute walk to all of the main spots on the strip and about 40minutes to the beach which is a bit annoying. It certainly wasn't the best hotel or holiday but it was still a pleasant stay. I would highly recommend you visit the Paradise restaurant which is situated across the road from Perkes and just a short walk up the street to the right. Great food, staff and prices. The paradise hotel and boor next door is great on a night time as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends