“Exceeds expectations- fabulous place!!”
Review of Ilios Aparthotel

Ilios Aparthotel
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here in June from 9th to 16th and me and my friends loved it! What really sets it apart is the level of service, the girls give better service than some 5* places I have stayed, nothing is too much trouble. The location was great for what we were looking for, far enough away from the strip to be quiet but only a 10minute walk if you want the hustle and bustle.

The rooms were good, we had a 2 bedroom apartment, air con was good even though you had to pay for it but I expect this in most Greek resorts. Great balcony with comfy chairs not just standard horrible plastic ones, I was very impressed that there was a microwave, I didnt expect this but was happy I could get my morning porridge fix easier than having to use the hob! Kitchen area otherwise was basic but perfectly fine, had all the utensils we needed. Big fridge super bonus!

Pool area was good, good mix of people, was lively but not loud or full of 18 year olds, thankfully they all seemed to be staying at the horrible hotels on the strip! All in all I really couldn't fault this hotel, would love to pick it up and move it to another greek island as although I would go back to this hotel, I don't think i would go back to Laganas, the PR's are too annoying, you can't even buy a decent cocktail apart from at Cool Peppers on the beach, and the beach isn't really that nice. After our day trip out we realised there are much nicer places in Zante than Laganas, but it did the job for a cheap girly week in the sun!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle B

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I felt very welcome at my stay, we were told every thing we needed to know, the rooms were just basic but was all we needed and comfortable, all staff were friendly and spoke very good English so was good to be understood, I loved Peggy and Kelly as they were lovely and always joking around with us, felt just like home :)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Charleycook93
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

It's just great. The rooms are basic but comfortable. The food is great in the bar and drinks so cheap too. Anna and Kelly really make this place, always a friends face and offering great local knowledge.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here in September 2012, we couldn't fly on the date due to coz there was a thunder storm... Which meant we started our holiday a day later and the day we did arrive it rained all day!
The main beach area for Laganas was all dirty with seaweed and branches and trees. Not much we or anyone could do to help all that but it was disappointing.
Apartment was clean enough, quiet but not much of a view only into other apartments :-(
Bar and poor area was nice.
Was bout a five minute walk to the strip area but was disappointed there also. Very dirty, rubbish everywhere.
Wouldn't recommend this resort but apartment very grand, as I say done the job but wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We was very happy with Ilios ApartHotel. We was luckily on the first floor which was lucky as we got there in the middle of a heatwave 42 degrees and there isn't a lift to the other floors (only 3 floors)
We got into the room and everything was clean and tidy, we had clean towels and decided to move on of the beds from the kitchen area to the other room, as there was only three of us in a four bedroom room.
The hotel itself is chilled out, and depending on the kind of groups there when you stay relativity quiet (but hey its that kind of holiday)
It was in a prime location 15 -20 minute walk from the strip and was off onto a dirt track. We had a shop at the top of the road which sold all necessities you needed. eg food, water, alcohol, sunglasses.
The management are used to having young groups of people and are very friendly and helpful.
Food is served at the bar and was really good, (great full English)

The only down point I had about the apartments is they charge $6 a day for aircon which I felt for what we payed for the holiday it should of been included. Obviously they charge for usage of the safe as hotels do.
The reps with Thomas Cook are brilliant and SO fun. They give you all information on events going on the strip and sell you discounted tickets for nights such as 'the white party' and 'booze cruise'.
I had the BEST time and didn't want to leave i strongly recommend the hotel and Laganas as a place for BOOZE FUN SUN AND TANNING.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great location for young people. Would never ever advise for a family/relaxing holiday. Although it is a short walk from the main strip so it would be much quiter than other hotels in the area. Rooms were very very basic but clean for the most part. Aircon was pretty poor, but didnt bother us too much as didnt spend much time in the rooms at night!
Food in the hotel bar was great, although with the lack of staff the service was quite slow.
Would definitely reccomend to young holiday makers looking for a wild holiday!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lou D
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we were very happy with the Ilios Aparthotel..
The rooms were clean and we were on the 1st floor looking out onto the pool.
Our rooms were maintained every other day.
The hotel was quiet enough.
The staff were busy but we were allowed to use our room free of charge on the day of departure = flight was not until 9pm.
It was the perfect distance away from the busy strip of Laganas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends