“Hospitality was second to none.!!”

Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I was looking for a reasonably cheap week away in Oct once the kids had gone back to school. I was planning on going on my own,lay by the pool for a week and just chill.
There were a few different groups of people there and made it quite clear that i should join in with them.It was very friendly( even the 6 geordie lads....really good lads...even though my liver hasnt recovered yet)
The owners made me feel very welcome too.George ,Giota and their son Visallis were fantastic hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The bar was well stocked and the food in the restaurant was as good as any where else on the Island.
The staff were always smiling and helpful......Lola is so lovely.!!!

My website was welcomed by both staff and customers and once ive made my millions from selling designer lingerie im going to buy shares in Plaza II.....
I would definately recommend this to anyone looking for a nice holiday and i will hopefully be going out again soon.
Once again thanks guys for a great holiday.
Mick

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank mickski
There are newer reviews for Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed October 12, 2009

THE PLAZA IS A LOW BUDGET HOTEL, you get what you pay for. We wanted a cheap holiday in the sun and thats what we got. The rooms are very basic and could do with upgrading. The pool is more than adequate and lay there in the mornings, the beach was withing sneezing distance and was above my expectations. What you cnt pay for is the hospitality of the staff, George and co these were among the best I have ever met, and nothing was ever too much trouble, the resturant in the hotel served the best stifado I have ever tasted and was excellent value, the bar was the BEST in the resort served proper spirts at reasonable prices. The resort would be not for anyone other than teenagers in july and august, and lacked any atmosphere in oct. This was not needed though the hotel made up for that and although not my usual thing, you could spent a very pleasant evening there. Cannot fault the hospitality and service we recieved from the plaza thankyou George and co

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank harry80
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Plaza Hotel and Appartments (or Plaza I and II as it is sometimes known) is a family run hotel in Laganas. It is located 50 meters from the beach and two or three minutes walk from the main strip. the hotel has an excellent pool, bar and restraunt area and welcomes guest from other hotels in the area. Many of the guests are regular visitors to this hotel which must rate as one of the best in Laganas. George and his wife, Giota, go out of their way to make guests feel welcome. The bar is well stocked and is managed by a lovely girl, Lola, who greets everyone with a smile. The food served in the restraunt is excellent and offers excellent value for money and an extensive choice from a chip butty to a traditional greek meal. i would go as far as to say it offers more choice and value than most of the surrounding restraunts. the rooms are clean and all have balcony views of the pool. the maid visits every day and makes the beds etc. towels and bed linen is changed regularly too. i would recommend this hotel to couples and older visitors. the greek night each week is a must with greek and fire dancing, plate smashing and a well presented and stocked buffet (sausages, kebabs, chicken, cheeses, salads, chips, dips etc) for just 10 euros.

Reviewed October 6, 2009

what a lovely friendly hotel and apartments this is. a real jem . the rooms are nice with a terrace and really clean. the staff are the friendly and cant do enough to help you . near to beach shops and bars and about 20 mins from airport so get a taxi about 15 euros. this is a family run hotel and make you really welcome i was really upset to leave them but will return next year.great little place thanks for a lovely holiday

Reviewed October 5, 2009

2 of us stayed for one week at the Plaza, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
Although the hotel is used by 18-30 companies in the summer it's a family hotel with many older guests and raucous behaviour is not tolerated.
The hotel restaurant is pleasant and inexpensive with an extensive menu and the location is ideal with being less than 2 minutes to the beach and main strip. There are numerous bars and restaurants along the beach and along the main strip catering for all tastes.
We were originally given a room in the block across the road, which was very small and basic and quite dark so we asked to move to the main block as had booked for a pool view, we moved with no problem and the main blocks are much nicer and larger, with better bathroom and better beds.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

We have been going to plaza for nine years the hospitality is fantastic barmans not bad either (Vassilli) the atmosphere is great and you will always be made welcome 2 mins from the beach 5 mins from the nightlife we loved everthing about it and the family too we got married there 4 years ago.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2009

After booking with Travel Republic (which was a terrible service - if you have the choice, book through a company that actually knows the definition of 'customer support') we flew to Zakynthos from Glasgow on 6th September. We skipped booking a bus to and from the hotel at £22 each through the company and took a taxi instead, which cost €13 each way plus tip. We checked in REALLY early (5 am) and were given our room in the second block of rooms, 10 yards from the main hotel. It was room 305 and it wasn't a pool view room like we had booked, so we spoke to the manager when he came in at 9 am and he changed us to room 307. This smaller grouping of rooms is not part of the main hotel, but has a small pool and it was very quiet. We slept soundly. It costs €6 per night for air conditioning, which we gladly paid for as it did cover up any excess noise from people talking on their balconies at night and kept the mosquitos away. The beach really is a 2-minute walk and the main street is a 5-minute walk, which means there isn't loads of noise at night. We paid for a B&B rate and breakfast was lovely each day. We spent most of our day at Baywatch (a great bar on the beach!), walked to the hotel for a swim at dusk, had a drink at the hotel bar, got showered and ate a nice meal out. We didn't do the Greek Night but heard it was really good. The staff were wonderful and really made you feel at home. I must admit that I was a bit concerned that we weren't in the main block of rooms around the big pool, but in the end I was happy because it was definitely quieter than the main bit. There was internet available, books to borrow, two big screen televisions and air conditioning in the main lobby - not to mention the well-stocked bar. The guests were very nice too; many had been to this hotel repeatedly and it filled the place with a positive atmosphere. I wouldn't say it is the sort of place partiers should stay - it's more of a family/friends kind of place. The pool was big enough and deeper than I had expected, but with enough room for kids to play and others to swim. Our room was cleaned every day (except for one day) with new sheets. My only slight issues were these: they only give you one pillow each (I had to request an additional one and to my mind, all rooms should come with extra pillows anyway so I felt a little weird about it) and there is no shower curtain or shower head holder, which means you have to hold the shower head in one hand the entire time (or become very creative with it). This meant the water got on the floor a bit, but because the towels were changed every day it wasn't the biggest deal in the world. Also, there was no safe in the room (the hotel had a main one, but I would have prefered my own). I would definitely stay in this hotel again if we were to return to Zante. I highly recommend you book it if you're torn between different places - I know I was, and I am glad we booked here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hallaway
zanteplaza, manager at Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2009

Dear Mrs Hallaway,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Plaza Hotel & Apartments. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel to other holiday makers.

I would also like to thank you for the nice picture of the pool, which we will probably use it to our new website for 2010, if you do not mind.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Plaza Hotel & Apartments in the near future.

Vasilios Tsourounakis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Atlantis Hotel
Venus Hotel & Suites
Venus Hotel & Suites
#1 of 30 in Kalamaki
Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Been to Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!