“DO NOT STAY! THIEVES!”
Review of Savvas Hotel

Savvas Hotel
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had my i phone and my mates wallet stolen from our room when it was locked. The owners didn't want to know, the reps were crap bar one. I could write an essay on how bad the hotel is but i cannot for the life of me be bothered on wasting my time as i wasted enough of it having to stay there on holiday. Charged us for a broken chair when we notified them when we first got there. They will make anything up to get money off you as they hold one persons passport and if you do not pay you will not get your passport back. DO NOT USE! YOU WILL HATE IT! DISGUSTING! GOT TO BE THE WORST HOTEL IN GREECE! SHOULD BE KNOCKED DOWN!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank J S

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in the hotel next to Savvas but it was awful so on our hunt for wifi, we came across Savvas. The hotel is located close to a shop and is a 5 minute walk to the strip. Emma was very welcoming and very helpful. She took the time to get to know us. She is very friendly and very chatty! Although we were on an 18-30 holiday, our reps were nowhere to be seen so Emma was very helpful at recommending clubs after our pre drinks with her. She was always coming over to us in the pool, having a chat and offering first class service! The prices were great, €1 for a cocktail during the night. The music was great, we had different mixes on that everyone enjoyed. The food was amazing and reasonably priced. Considering we went on the last week of the season, they were well stocked up. As we hated our hotel, Savvas offered to put us up for the last night as we had an early morning flight. This was just €5 euros a head and they put on an all you can eat buffet for an additional €5 as they needed to use up the last of their food. If it wasn't for this hotel, our holiday would have been rubbish. The atmosphere there was great and the pool was lovely. They would always put the flume on for us when we wanted it on and wasn't strict about how we used it. I would go back to Zante but book this hotel instead of the Ellinis

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Didn't actually stay at the hotel itself, but we spent a lot of time at the pool and bar after being coaxed in by Emma (lovely PR lady who sang numerous chorus' of Happy Birthday to me whilst I was celebrating out there!) on our first day for a slushy and they couldn't get rid of us from that moment on! We stayed just down the road at a different hotel but the pool wasn't great, so we started going to Savvas instead. All of the staff were absolute gems, really nice and friendly, the food was brilliant, prices were very reasonable, there was always a great atmosphere there, and if you're after a few free shots during the day then this is the place to be. Highly recommend the pool & bar if yours isn't quite up to scratch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bexy1809
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Me and my best friend went on 25th july 2013 and when we arrived we were showed to our room, it wasn't sparkling but it wasn't overly dirty which was fine. Yes there is no air conditioning but you get used to it after a while. We had the best holiday ever, the music in the hotel is great and the bar is cheap and ideal for pre drinks.You don't go to a hotel like Savvas to stay in your room all day, so don't expect the rooms to be outstanding. I 100% am going back to Savvas next year. It's in an ideal location 1 minute away from the strip. However, I do recommend if you're self catering to not take food just to buy it out there because the cooker is pathetic and there is very limited cutlery. A great thing about the hotel is that they aren't strict like most of the others (that we heard about) in Laganas, e.g. we were allowed to let friends come into our room etc! If you're going to Zante to party and don't take yourself too seriously you will have an amazing time at Savvas. Mainly, we felt safe also in the mental place. Best week ever!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jacky s
Reviewed September 12, 2013

stayed at savvas a few times now and cannot get enough, its a basic hotel but you get what you pay for. one of the only few hotels that let you bring overnight guests back and its location is perfect. 15 minutes from the beach and a couple of minutes from the strip. you have a few bars to pre drink in as drinks can get expensive down the strip.
people that have written bad reviews clearly are not aware of what to expect at an 18-30's hotel or have the personality of an egg!

Room Tip: back block!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JasmineSky L
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Was dreading rocking up to what was apparently a minging skanky hotel but when my group of friends and i arrived it was not at all as bad as people were making out!

The two girls who work there Anna and Sophie are so lovely and make the pool bar fun at night!

The bedrooms were basic, clean and we had the view of the pool which played music all day long which I didn't mind cause it got me in the mood to hit the strip!

Everyone is so friendly as everyone is out to enjoy themselves! Made some friends that I'll never forget! Anyone who goes here expecting a party holiday won't be disappointed! Don't listen to the reviews, we met a couple who decided to change their hotel because of the reviews and they wished they hadn't! Don't know what all the fuss is about, your drunk most of the time....

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my friend and had a great time. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews but when we got there we found there was nothing to get worked up about. The hotel is in a good location, only about a 10 - 15 min walk down to the main strip. Check in is at the bar by the pool and that went nice and smooth, they keep one of your passports for you until you check out. Our room was right at the back of the hotel, which was a bit of a walk but not that bad. The back block ended up being a lot quieter and cooler (which meant we didn't have to get the air con). The rooms are really basic, but just what you need after a night out. We didn't have any problems with stuff getting stolen or any dirt. There was always hot water in the shower when I needed it (not that I really wanted a hot shower in that heat anyway). Housekeeping came in every couple of days. When you get to the room make sure you check for any breakages as you can get charged, we didn't have any problems with this. Staff at the hotel are great especially Anna, Sophia and Emma. When we checked in Emma offered us the 100 euro wristband for unlimited drinks between 7 and 11pm. I was a bit unsure at first but decided to get myself one. This was a good idea because we would have ended up spending more than that on pre drinks before the strip anyway. You get a good choice of drink and it doesn't taste as bad as some people have been making out. Food was good value at the bar and always ended full up. Be careful of the pool, it changed my shorts green. Other than that, had a great time. Thanks Savvas.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends