All reviews nice hotel half board main building every evening laganas beach pool bar restaurant staff sea view zakynthos christina sunbeds greece euros shipwreck strip clubs june
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2018

We landed in this place with expectations of a standard 5 star hotel. Unfortunately, this is no way near a 5 star.

Firstly, there were twin beds in the room. We asked to change to a double bed room but the receptionist was adamant that we would not like their available rooms with double bed at the time. We asked to see it first and she agreed. When we went down to the reception, she said none is available to show and they would join the twin beds to make it a double so we ended up agreeing to it than further questioning and ruining holiday mood.

The mini-bar in the room was empty. All we were told was that they stopped filling it as it was nearing the end of season!!

There were no faults in the room otherwise but it was just a room with beds and furniture with nothing specific to say it is up to the standard of a 5 star.

The food was very very disappointing. It was not even in the standard of a 3 star hotel.
We tried hard to avoid their food but to be honest, there were no nice restaurants around the area that were open till late. May be October isn't the best time to go here.

Their pool side snack bar was a joke - not open all the time. When it is, it just looked like a street food place with very uninterested staff.

On the positive side, the receptionist Christina was very friendly and helpful with directing us where best to go, ordering taxis etc.

It was overall an average hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel at the beginning of September and hardly waited for this vacation after a hard working year. The hotel spoiled at least half of our stay and I will explain why.
Upon arrival, we received a gloomy room, with a very hard sewer odor ( I can't remember the room no, but it was garden view,1st floor, on the right side towards the sea ). The sewer odor is unacceptable in any hotel !!! How should one spend vacation in a stinky room ??? Especially in a 5 stars hotel! We went to the reception and asked for another room. The person at the front desk insisted that it was a nice room ( :) ) and that the other rooms available are not so nice and we won't like them. However, we got another room ( 212 ) which was smaller, indeed, but it was not stinking. Anyhow, the rooms do not look like a 5 starts hotel rooms, they are basic with an dark color , old furniture.
We arrived on Monday afternoon. In the evening, we both ate lamb with rice and salad. We could not sleep the whole night because we got sick ...from the lamb: food poisoning . I felt very sick about an hour an a half after eating and I vomited at about 1 am. When I vomited, I was surprised when my husband told me that he also felt sick, and he also vomited at about 4 am. After, we were sick when we were only thinking of lamb... You can imagine that we both spent the next day in bed, eating almost nothing. On Wednesday we were still feeling sick but we struggled to go to the beach . Later we noticed that opposite the hotel there was a medical center. However, during our stay we could not eat meat at all, we mostly ate fruits , salads , vegetables and lots of biscuits - which were good for our sick stomach. This was my 1st vacation when I lost weight ...
Never had we experienced food poisoning before, it was my 8th time in Greece, we've stayed at much cheaper hotels but we've never had stinky rooms or experienced food poisoning.
Also, during breakfast, when I realized that there were not clean plates and I told one of the waitresses, she replied to me that "It is not my responsibility" and turned her back on me ( the young girl waitress ). I was shocked .This is also unacceptable !!!
Except the hotel, Zakyntos is a nice holiday spot and we enjoyed the beach, the sea and the island. I would definitely recommend Zakynthos but definitely at another hotel :) This hotel is not worth the money.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank RalucaS1979
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

This hotel (not resort) is nice hotel in a good location but defiantly not 5 stars!
We, three couples, reserved three rooms in category SUPERIOR.

This rooms are nice convenient but....
5 five star hotel room that has no minimalist accessories like coffee set, tissue, hand cream, etc. is not deserve to get 5 stars.
I would classify the room accessories as 3 stars.
The positive is friendly staff, good food ans a nice clean beach and swimming pool.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

My friend and me spontaneously decided to get a massage and a pedicure- the choice was great. They worked really precise and also, they were really nice. We didn‘t stay in the hotel itself, but we both recommend it highly to go for some beauty treatments.
Thank you very much!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Unfortunately I had an serious accident staying in this hotel ( very strong head struck after slipping and falling in hotel's SPA ).
Hotel Manager Mr. George Kanonis refused to provide me any description of what and when the accident occurred.
He refused also provide any information about hotel's insurance company.
Not just this, but even not a slightest elementary compassion and sorrow on behalf of hotel's administration and his ( manager ) personally.
It is such a disgraceful, shameful and abominate
behavior of Mr.Kanonis and his patrons.
Please, abstain from booking this hotel.

Yaakov