“Not Good!”

Ranked #45 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not Good!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just got back from staying at President, booked it with Thompson as a 18-30 holiday which was great good price. However, when we arrived at the hotel we were given the key and had to make our own way to the room. The air con was not made available to us at all during the holiday. Although we were provided with a kettle when you tried to use this it never actually boiled, it kept going and the handle got hot so you had to unplug it to be able to use it.
The room was big enough but the single bed had blood on it and the bedding on the double was ripped. You were unable to sleep at all during the holiday because the room was so hot and you couldn't keep the door open because of the noise. The also took 30 euros off me for a safe, which in most hotels this is refundable on departure -which it wasnt!
The room was covered in ants my friend had to flick them off the bed on the first night because there were so many, the rooms were cleaned every day though and all the bedding and towels changed.
The shower was useless hot was cold ect. wasn't clean at all.
Staff were friendly most of the duration until check out, they didn't inform me what time i needed to check out as I left at 6am on 10th and they actually wanted me out by 10am 9th, because no one informed me of this they came to be at 8pm on the 9th and told me I had to pay 40 euros or they wouldn't give me my passport back. The manager rung me and was extremely offensive and told me she wouldn't bring my passport back unless I paid her money. The staff then became rude and refused to even serve me a drink.
Overall I would never go back to Zante and even less to this hotel!

Room Tip: Anywhere in this hotel is noisey!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy C

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I went on my first girls holiday and 9 of us stayed in this hotel, the hotel it's self was clean but very basic but what you would expect for a low budget holiday. The food at the hotel was very nice and not too expensive plus you get large portions. The other people staying at the hotel help create a friendly atmosphere as everyone gets on around the lovely large pool. The strip is only a 10 minute walk and the beach is just across the road near enough. However the low point of the holiday were the staff, mainly the male staff they were very rude and ignorant. On many occasions it was like talking to a brick wall. As it is a 18-30s mainly hotel the noise levels are expected to be high as people come in from the clubs understandably they told people to keep the noise down however I do not wish to be sent to bed and then checked that I am in bed on many occasions, which I don't appreciate at the age of 18, my own mum doesn't even send me to bed. They just walked into your rooms without knocking including the bath rooms where my friend was showering. One member of staff also kicked repeatedly another customer staying at the hotel because they were sat in our room. Lovely hotel but I would not stay here again all because of the staff.

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Lucyb95
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Booked with Thomson for a group of 9 (5 male, 4 female) and came in at under £400 each (self-catering + flights etc.) The food at the hotel was really nice and wasn't too expensive. There were numerous restaurants nearby which catered for different budgets. If not there were lots of supermarkets nearby selling food, drink and everything else quite cheaply.
Generally the hotel itself was clean, and the staff were friendly. Our rooms were basic and the showers could do with updating but you get what you pay for. Likewise, the self catering part was basic with a hob and a few cooking utensils so you could cook if you wanted to, however the heat from it made the room too hot and we couldn't be bothered to cook much as there was lots of food cheaply elsewhere. There were ants which managed to get into our room but this was sorted with insect repellent. The only complaint would be it needs proper air conditioning in all the rooms, especially the ones at the front of the hotel which heated up like an oven during the day. We did get fans from the local supermarkets for a small charge but could definitely have done with full air con to be more comfortable.
Overall, the hotel is for young people looking to spend the nights on Laganas strip (about 5 mins walk away) and the days on the beach (which is 2 minutes away down a path), by the pool or taking part in the activities that are offered all over the island. Would say families and older people definitely avoid as it's a lively hotel (people don't generally leave for the strip until gone 12) but recommend for anyone else as we had a great week away!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back and left side of the hotel are cooler
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lisa R
portishead
Reviewed September 22, 2012

stayed at president appartments 11 09 12-to 18 09 12 not very good 49 euros for air conditioning which was warmer than outside temp 20 euros for safe 30 euros to keep room on as there was nowhere toput cases or change and shower nice appartment but beds +shower +toilet not good ssofa bed stained double bed broken

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John D
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Me and my partner who are in our 40's stayed here from the 9th September to the 16th.We stayed on the top floor in room 313.the room itself we could not fault we had a twin bed and a sofa bed,the kitchen had a fridge and 2 ringed hob,we also had a kettle and toaster.The bathroom was a decent size with a bath & shower attachment and the balcony was big enough for 2 people to sit on.We did not get the air con as most people who had it said it was a waste of money and for the last 4 day's it rained every day and was cooler on a night. The pool area was ok and you could alway's get a sunbed,but these were very uncomfortable,you also get sick of hearing the same music all the time as they just keep playing the same disc all day.It get's very noisy in the early hours usually between 2am and 5am when all the young people start coming in from the nightclubs,but from next year this should not bother most people as it will be a twenty's hotel full of young people.The location is good about 5 minutes to the beach and around 20 minutes to the strip with a steady walk,some of the more drunk one's might want to get a taxi back from the strip!If you want a lively noisy place to stay,this is one of them

Room Tip: If you ask for a pool view room's ending in 13 eg 213 & 313 don't have a full view as th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ian W
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I suppose it all boils down to the old adage you get what you pay for ! The brochures may list air con but you are unlikely to get it. Most of the rooms with air con are not working. But the hotel will happily sell you a fan for the same price. So you can sweat away all night whilst the fan circulatates the hot air around. Addto that the room we had was infested by ants. The food is very poor also. Personally I would not go to Greece again, went to Malia last year. The drinks are so expensive 5 euro for a vodka red bull. Most of the drinks are watered down aswell, first time abroad when I didn't experience a hangover ! The country is on it's backside so don't expect any investment in the facilities anytime soon. Come back Magaluf all is forgiven !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank chris h

Travelers are raving about these Laganas hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

So i've just got back from staying at the President for 2 weeks.

Firstly i have to give this hotel its dues in regards to its friendly staff and the cleaning staff are exceptional.
I had my linen/ towels/bathmat/bins changed almost everyday and floors cleaned throughout daily.
The atmosphere around the pool is nice, good music and a cheap enough pool bar.

The self catering facilities are as standard as you'd expect ( a double hob, fridge, limited cutlery, a kettle and a toaster.
We actually got a shower curtain (apparently this is quite a rarety in Zante hotels...and we didn't have one in our last hotel on our previous visit).
Also we had a bath and shower and the bathroom was very spacious, nicely tiled and the decor looked quite fresh throughout the room

I found the food in the restaurant to be limited to junk food (and quite expensive too) and if i'm honest it wasn't great quality.

Now for the not so good:
On our first night we were put in a double room at the very side of the hotel (looking onto the road) our "balcony" was just above the road and we couldn't keep it open because just about anyone and everyone could see into our room and because we were on the 1st floor it was very low down on the street so didn't feel secure at all.
The otherside of the room overlooked the pool. As a result we had unimaginable noise throughout the night (large trucks and coaches zooming past literally making the room shake and revellers making their way to and from the strip and throwing up on the road outside our room and then from 7am we could hear sunbeds getting dragged around and music from the pool).
Also the toilet was leaking and wouldn't flush (which i suspect they knew about as we were provided with a mop/bucket and washbowl) and the toilet didn't flush.
We immediately asked to be moved the next morning as we couldn't cpe with 2 weeks of sleepless nights.

We were moved into another room at the back of the hotel, on the ground floor (so no aircon available) which had an extra bed and was much more spacious and clean. There were roosters & chickens running around back of the hotel which came right up to our terrace, but they were harmeless enough (except at 6am when the roosters did their thing).
However we were unlucky enough to be put in a block full of completely disrespectful types which were insistent on taking furniture off our patio so they could sit and have their pre/post party right outside our patios/ throwing furniture at our back doors at 7am because they were trying to get attention/ urinating over the balcony above (i reported this twice to the night porter and was told to stop making a fuss "because he was the one cleaning up and not me!").
In the end i remonstrated with the culprit myself because there is no need for filth like that (especially when his toilet was in his room!! and was told by hotel staff to "not get involved". They didn't do anything to stop this kind of behaviour and let people scream the house down and play music to 7am in the morning!!
I found this a huge shame because the hotel itself is a nice place but the fact they let people treat the place like a 24 hour party palace or in the case of the lad upstairs...a public toilet really lets it down...they obviously like to choose quantity over quality.

The location is rubbish- the strip is a 10 min walk down a partially unlit road which isn't too great at night..and watch out for the quads on the way as it seems they give them out to any pre pubescent teen that wants one (3 crashes whilst i was there and the way they skidded around im really not surprised) they come hurtling towards you on the road at speed.
The beach is about a minutes walk...but it takes you down one end of the beach (nowhere near the strip end).

To be honest although i came to Laganas for a lively holiday i chose this hotel as i was told it was a bit more laid back during the day..i was happy to pay extra to have a decent nights sleep-i definitely didn't get this...in fact i had better sleep at the Savvas hotel in Laganas last year which is ACTUALLY a Club 18-30's hotel.

The check out time on your last day is 10am and there is no room to safely store your suitcase and no wash/shower room for those of us that had to wait around all day for our late flights.
So it was a public shower by the pool for us at the end of the day.

If i'm honest i won't stay here again..if your after a youth hostel where people run around the hotel corridors/ throw furniture at your door to wake you up to "join their party" then this is the place for you..if you want to have a hotel where you can sleep off your hangover in relative peace then this is definitely not the place for you.

Having been to Laganas before i was not expecting much and fully expected it to be lively- and i like a good party myself..but when your around it 24 hours a day it just becomes a bit too much. There just seems to be no control over the guests at all and its literally like an everything goes type of place!

Room Tip: Do not get room that overlooks the road at the side- your room literally shakes everytime a bus/ tru...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dee83_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Zante Blue Beach Hotel
#14 of 74 in Laganas
Mediterranean Beach Resort Hotel
Zante Park Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Tsilivi Admiral Hotel

Been to Hotel White Olive Premium? Share your experiences!