Hotel Vivian
Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$96
$94
  • Pool
Hera Zakynthos Hotel(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$52
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Acapulco Marinos Apartments(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$62
$228
$189
$170
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe security guardgirls holidayair conevery nightpaint partythe main stripfour friendsfree shotignore the bad reviewspool bar isfree barfresh sheetsbalcony overlooking the poolgreat holidayrooms are basicwifi is freefull moon party
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1week and had a brilliant time. Found all staff nice and friendly. I would like to thank vicky for making it a great holiday. Always kind and helpful.
rooms were clean and basic. Always cleaned every day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I was older than most as aimed at 18- 30.but I certainly enjoyed my visit.

1  Thank fullar
Reviewed October 2, 2013

As a group of 4 lads, we ended up forming a group of 9 with some great people, however, we were very lucky to meet the people we did, if we didn't, I imagine the whole experience of the Vivian would have ruined our holiday!

Vivian is the owner and is a complete old hagged bi**h! The security guard is an obnoxious knob who lets himself into your room without your concent if the decibels rise above 1.0 and the rest of the Greek staff have no manners! However the dark haired English girl who works on the bar is really nice, a real rose amongst the thorns!

As for the facilities, I'll start with the worst n get better, the bathroom is as black as the plague, there was no white grout visible amongst the tiles, towels and toilet rolls were never replaced without us asking for them! The kitchen was smaller than my toenails and there were burn stains all over the work top and the fridge smelt like my rear end after a large mixed grill! The rooms were very basic, 1 pillow only per bed and the duvet was nothing more than a sheet! The balcony/patio areas were dusty and dirty and were never cleaned by the staff! The pool and bar areas were really good though, given the terrible state of the rooms this was a suprise, plenty of loungers, good food from the bar. (I'd recconmend the pizza €5.50 for a 12"er) Unfortunately that's it for the good points.

However if you are staying in Laganas, Cool Peppers Restraunt on Laganas beach is the best place to eat in Zanté. Great food, great service plus the chef was 2nd placed on Masterchef so it's fair to say she knows her way around the kitchen!

6  Thank Bowbados
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Two days before flying the three if us were pretty concerned by the negative stuff on here. Not sure if they look at your age as to where you go but we were on the 2nd floor and I believe the higher you are the better the rooms! We had to wait a little longer for our room which was not an issue plus they gave us each a free cocktail to make up for it. Rooms were clean basic as you expect for Greece but you could sleep ok unpack and hang clothes up and our shower although a wet room had interlocking doors so no hassles. Cleanliness was ok I have no bites diseases or the
like after staying. I did hear of people who didn't even have a shower curtain or hot water but if you talk to the reps or staff they will help. I had A lightbulb out and they sorted that evening before it was dark.

Location is great a walk down a ministrip then bare left and you are top of the main strip. How quickly you get anywhere
Depends on how skillfully you deal with the reps. Pool was quality and very clean. Try talking to the owner security and locals and they appreciate the effort with learning the basics thank you got me a long way. On checking out we were dreading a bill due to reports on
here, Vicky said "in your room one broken bed €100" I was astounded as saw very little of my bed! Thankfully her fave cracked and laughed and handed me back my passport with nothing to pay - Vicky do not joke again next year when we return. Unfortunately I witnessed fellow guests feedback first hand which was derisory to say the least, a word if caution if you break lose commit vandalism sober or drunk you expect to pay for it here , the Ritz or at the Vivian!

2  Thank Lionhearted81
Reviewed September 11, 2013

i came to vivian with 5 other friends and the reason we had a great holiday was not due to the hotel. the reps are lovely, even though the package they sold us was overpriced and we'd of preferred to not have bought it, it was easier than buying them separately. the security guard isnt nice at all. we had to whisper on our balcony at 12 at night because he shined a torch at us! we made friends with a few boys down the hall, i was on their balcony one night and he stormed in (without knocking) and led me to my room. which was uncalled for as he didnt tell us off or anything before as we were making no noise. the bar food is nice but preferred going out as it was cheaper. they try to charge you money for things that were already broke. the sheets and towels werent changed once. although the pillows were really fluffy! they dont let you use the lift at night which is a ballache being on the second floor. they say its because people be sick and pass out in it, which the security guard must be able to look out for. there are always sunbeds around the pool which was a bonus. the drinks are overpriced. 4 euro for a koppaberg when there was a shop that had them for 1.90. we had to pay for a safe that wasnt even in our room and that apparently had 24 hour supervision... lol. also had to pay for air conditioning, that would only work when we were in the room and the doors were closed and it absolutely stunk. it was in a good location, quick 5 minutes towards the strip but couldnt hear it at night. we had to pay 10 euro each for another room as we got kicked out at 9am in the morning, when our flight wasnt till 6am the next. the woman that checked our rooms etc was awful and the guy that showed us to our room wasnt that friendly. made us feel so unwelcome at first. the pool is good during the day as there's music etc but youre not allowed to have your own drinks/food around the pool. i suppose its just another way to make money. i had the best holiday because of the people i was with. i'd go back again just because of the location, but i'd take my own sheets, sit in my room at night, not buy the package and get drunk from my own alcohol in my room and not at the bar.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AP1408
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had a good stay here, alright location and good bar side pool! I went with a group of 13 girls and we had a good stay! The rooms were tidy but basic. We were a bit annoyed at how filthy the floors got just from being on the balcony etc and how few times they actually got cleaned. Also WATCH OUT, when we left they had out passports and charged us for dirty sheets, the sheets were dirty when we got them but they forced us into paying. would also highly recommend not buying anythng from the reps - way too over-priced - buy your individual tickets, much cheaper :)

Room Tip: Ask for a hotel far from the pool. The pool opens at 9or10 and they play music from the bar next to the pool. If you dont want to be woken by the music early, a far away room is better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends