“Fantastic stay at this lovely hotel”

Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay at this lovely hotel”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Firstly I'd like to thank this hotel for a lovely, much needed and well deserved break. The hotel is located on the beach, has a great pool, great spacious rooms, fab food... I could go on. The staff are so friendly and pleasant - particularly Armando (restaurant supervisor) and the barmen Klodian and Nikos. I honestly really can't find many faults with this hotel - it was better then I had anticipated, especially when I got an absolute bargain of a price.

Our stay of the 21st - 28th May was perfect! The hotel way nice and quiet but not so much that it lacked atmosphere. There was always enough sunbeds (even with the naughty reservers) and the amazing roof top bar opened towards the end of our stay. The free pool and ping pong was also a nice extra. The food was pretty decent considering it was all inclusive - there was lots of themed nights and such and it was always well heated/cooled and the desserts were amazing! My only slight quibble was the dodgy wi-fi that sometimes worked and sometimes just didn't, but it wasn't the end of the world.

If you do fancy eating out on your stay I highly recommend Cool Peppers which is just a short walk down the beach. Not only does it do lovely food but the cocktails are fab too! The strip is only a short walk down the beach also if you fancy a night out. Trips wise I highly recommend the top cruiser trip which visits the shipwreck, caves and turtle island which we got for 24 euros pp and is a 9-5 trip. The water park was also pretty fun even though it was one of the smaller ones I've visited.

Our transfer wasn't the 1 hour we'd been told - the hotel is literally 10 minutes away from the airport and luckily we were the first drop off!

To cut a long review short, we had a great stay at this hotel and cannot complain! It literally is what it says on the tin and looks even better in real life. If you'd like to know anymore then please feel free to message me.

I highly recommend this hotel and the beautiful island of Zakynthos.

3 Thank jaderebecca

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Oxford
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Myself and my wife have just returned here from a four night bank holiday break.

My wife booked this break last minute, and from the impression given by their website, it was a deal worth taking up.

You pays your money, you take your chance I guess. And I know all we wanted was a bit of sun, and a laze by the beach, so four nights all inclusive sounded great. But...

The customer service is beyond terrible. I know you don't go on a beach holiday for the customer/staff experience, but courtesy goes a long way. At least pretend you give a damn about the holiday makers you're being paid to help/serve. They were rude, abrupt and...well, disinterested.

The food wasn't the worst. It was...fine. Just repetitive and a bit bland. School dinners is the best way I can find to describe it. I just didn't expect to find a finger nail in my beans during our last breakfast. Hmm.

The Wi-Fi issue was a tad annoying. In a world of kindles and the like, as much as we all bang on about wanting to get away from it when on our hols, we kind of like to know it's there if we need it.
It wasn't, well, it was, but only at five in the morning. When I asked at reception about this issue, they reacted as if I'd just asked them to solve world hunger. Did I mention the disinterest?

A few more things.

The bar staff were terrible. They were slow, and they wouldn't know urgency if it bit them on the...well, you know.
I suppose this kind of inept service is fine if all you're happy to prop up the bar and drink until you can't pronounce your own name. Anyway.

Right off the pool/bar area is the beach. This area is lovely. Quiet and relaxing. You get the occasional young man trying to sell you fake wares, but this is amusing rather than anything else. At the end of the day, you can just ignore them, right?

There's plenty of restaurants along the beach front which then lead on to 'the Strip'. This is basically a high-street filled with bars and clubs, fine, if you like that sort of thing.

The hotel itself isn't that bad. It could be so much better, if it wanted to. It quite clearly doesn't, and the staff seem to be happy with that.

Shame.

Room Tip: Booking to go slightly out of season is your best bet if you're a family, or looking for a laid...
1 Thank moodyman77
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Myself and 4 other girls stayed in the galaxy beach hotel last June.

When we arrived impressions were not great as our rooms were not ready for us, although the room we stayed in that night was lovely! The arrival receptionists were stuck up, as we were a younger party they assumed we would be trouble. However after we eventually got given correct rooms the holiday began to look up!

The hotel has a wonderful location on the beach and a short 10 min walk to strip- perfect not to close and not to far. The pool was wonderful, sun-beds were reserved early however we sunbathed on the grass.

All inclusive drinks were great and extensive and the roof top bartender Ioannis was amazing and made our stay more enjoyable. Meals were good having a different theme every night and branded drinks with evening meals (FANTA AND COKE).

Spiros on the night desk was also extremely helpful and always looked after us girls, having Spiros and Ioannis on galaxy beaches staff redeemed the earlier rude staff.

Overall a fantastic hotel and would 100% recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Courtlaw1994
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel itself is beautiful - gorgeous views, friendly staff & very clean. However, the hotel is advertised as children friendly & I found it to be far from that! The kids pool was nice but freezing cold & the kids 'play area' consisted of 4 shabby old kids toys, half of which were broken! No entertainment was provided at any point throughout the week meaning we spent most nights out of the hotel even though we paid for all inclusive...
We travelled 11th May & half of the advertised facilities were closed such as the roof top cocktail bar & the kids club - the poolside bar only opened halfway through the week.
The food was ok, but again very little choice for my 2 year old daughter. Also, the bar have a1 drink per person rule - this was inconvenient considering we were a party of 6!
Overall, the hotel was nice but I certainly wouldn't take children there as there is nothing for them to do....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Me and my boyfriend came here all inclusive as the hotel we previously booked wasn't available so we ended up at galaxy hotel. I was quite skeptical at first as I didn't have much time to research this hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel is in a great location and our room was looking at the sea! The problem was the outside bar was closed and therefore every time you fancied a drink you'd have to go all the way inside to a tiny bar where everyone was trying to get a drink. The food was ok, a lot to choose from but if you're like me and don't really eat red meat or fish you'll probably eat a lot of chips and bread!! We didn't eat at the hotel that much as I am quite a fussy eater but there's LOTS of salad to choose from which is great! The maids are amazing though the room was spotless everyday!! We stayed this year in May and it was great as I have been to laganas before in August and feel that then it's much busier! Found a great little daytime snack bar on the seafront called Rita's..look out for it if you're going :-)

Room Tip: Get a room looking out onto the sea!
3 Thank Orianne T
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Travelled here with friends, bedroom was clean, clean white sheets, all tiled, cool bedroom..
Swimming pool was good, location good as the pool goes right onto beach
Went all inclusive, food standard was good again for price
5min walk from the strip. Would however probably not recommend for families as is probably too close to clubbing scene, good stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Myagolightly
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Fantastic hotel,great pool and beautiful views of the beach,food was ok there was always plenty of options to chose from,my family enjoyed staying here we had a fantastic holiday :) we spent a few days along side of the pool and had a few day trips out,the 3 hours trip to see the turtles is highly recommended,the pool is very deep so be cautious with younger children,beach was a few meters away,sun terrace was fab at night,drinking cocktails and admiring the views of laganas,highly recommended we had a lovely stay :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Tracey M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Mediterranean Beach Resort Hotel
Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments
Mabely Grand Hotel
Mabely Grand Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kampi

Been to Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!