“Amazing place to stay!”

Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

As I am 18 years of age, this was my first girls holiday! By everyone reading, 18 years, they expect loud teenagers! Yes, I admit, every night we went out to the strip but through the day this was the perfect place! Relaxing round the pool was the best moments of the holiday. Especially the 10 steps that you had to take top be on the beach! The staff were excellent, even one remember of the security stayed up until early hours of the morning until we was coming in to check our all inclusive wrist bands. Food was good too, a little repetitive but there was nothing more that you could ask for. Even if you got a little peckish round the pool, there was sandwiches (ham + cheese or cheese salad) or cakes and biscuits! I found that the hotel was perfect for the holiday that I wanted. Thank-you Galaxy for the excellent rooms, good food and brilliant service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BethanyB95
There are newer reviews for Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is an absolute gem! My girlfriend and I were sitting on the transfer coach from the airport and as we were driven around Laganas at six o'clock in the morning (nightlife still in full swing) awaiting our stop to be called out, we had a preconception of what we were going to end up with in terms of accommodation, merely based on the drop offs so far... We weren't very optimistic! A few stops in, the coach pulled up at a beautifully lit, plush hotel... When the driver shouted "Galaxy", I couldn't believe my luck! We were swiftly checked in to a lovely suite and after a quick phone call to reception to ask how the air-con worked (I'm an idiot), we had a power nap before breakfast. We had booked all inclusive so we eagerly went down to breakfast at around half eight and were very impressed by the wonderful array of food available. The restaurant was well staffed, enough food for everyone was available and the whole thing was made better by the pool and sea view as we ate. This same quality continued for lunch and dinner and remained awesome for the entirety of our stay. There was a small bar in the dining room serving beer, wine, fruit juices and hot drinks. There was another bar right next to it in the plush foyer/lounge, a poolside bar where we had some delicious all inclusive cocktails mixed by the very charming Seargas (sorry if I spelled this wrong) and we also discovered a very nice rooftop bar on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Laganas. The hotel is directly on the beach and after a 5 minute walk along the warm sand past some lovely tavernas, you find yourself on the 'strip' where all the action goes on all night and bar owners will battle to give you the best deals on shots, cocktails and local beer. The beauty of the Galaxy's location is that it is a close enough walk to the strip and town centre nightlife for it to appeal to young party goers but is secluded enough in its setting to completely avoid this altogether for older holidaymakers or families. You couldn't ask for a better location. Whilst we were there we explored the islands by speedboat which we rented from a bar owner on the beach, took the glass bottom turtle boat tour, sailed on a pirate ship to the famous shipwreck and we rented a moped for €10 to ride along the coast to the turtle sanctuary and a lovely place called Vasillikos. Along the way we found a mountain retreat where a lovely gentleman had an animal and bird sanctuary with free entry. We had a Thomas Cook rep at our hotel and she was brilliant. We booked a trip to an aquapark with her and a couple of boat tours. The best source of tourist information however was the chap who looked after reception, Fimus. He never seemed to leave his post and was always there with a warm greeting, great advice for things to do and an excellent source of useful Greek phrases. I can't say enough good things about this place and would strongly recommend it to anyone, young or old. We loved it so much that we tried to book again this year but it was sadly (but not surprisingly) full for the time I'm away from work. I will definitely return one day!

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank Insurmountable
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Two of my friends and I went here in July for 7 nights for a girls holiday and we were all pleasantly surprised! It's a beautiful hotel with a great pool and sun lounging area. The staff were mostly friendly and very helpful. The food was excellent - there was a buffet style set up for breakfast lunch and dinner and the food was all very tasty, not repetitive and there was plenty of selection! The rooms come with air-con thank goodness and the cleaner efficiently cleaned our room everyday. One of the best parts of the all inclusive deal were the bars - perfect for pre drinks on a night out and the bar staff were so nice they knew our usual drinks by the end. Perfectly located near the strip but not too far away! It was lovely staying in a family hotel as was nice and quiet but it would have been nice to have other teenagers here too - this is decently a family hotel. Overall we had an amazing holiday and would not hesitate to book again, the hotel is an asset to Laganas!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sherri A
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Going in the last week of June 2013 as 9 18-20 year old guys this was ideal really. After reading some previous reviews, I was a bit hesitant but any worries I had were soon quashed when we got there. We had 3 people in each room, with 2 bedrooms, 1 of them with a King Size bed, a nice bathroom. Checking in was no problem, the reception staff were very friendly and explained everything about our stay and the room. They took a 1 euro deposit just to check my card worked and I wasn't giving them false details in any case I should need to pay for anything broken etc.
We went all inclusive for the week which was ideal, going back and forth to the pool side bar all day, if was great! However, one thing to mention is that if you're in the queue with an attractive woman in a bikini, she will get served before you! But the bar staff weren't rude at all to anyone, (just preferred serving the pretty girls no matter how long you've been standing there). The pool was great, nice size and perfect temperature considering it was about 30 degrees plus all week. The only downside of the pool is there aren't that may sunbeds and even if you got down to the pool after breakfast, all the sunbeds would be taken! But there's still space on the grass areas to lie on towels or its just a quick walk down the steps to the beach where there are plenty of sunbeds. We didn't experience any charges for any of these, but there will be plenty of people to come along and try to sell you random things which gets quite annoying quite quickly.
So onto the food, it was good enough for the week, quite a lot to choose from overall, breads, soup, salad, lots of meats and fish options (sadly I didn't pay attention to if there were any vegetarian options) and a nice range of things for dessert. The food wasn't by any standards perfect but it was fine for the week. The options didn't vary much throughout the week but again, still acceptable by my standards.
The all inclusive runs until 11pm which is plenty enough time if you're getting the free drinks in before a night out on the strip (where there's plenty of bars and clubs to go to, most of which are brilliant! It's a great night out in Zante). The hotel is a quick 5 minute walk to the strip with loads of bars to stop and drink at along the way, 'Life's a Beach' (walking on the beachfront is great, staff are awesome and they have beer pong tables!!). Then there's 'Enzo' and 'Drunken Duncans Cocktail Bar' walking to the strip the road way from the hotel. Both great bars with some great deals! (Try the Head Blaster at Drunken Duncans!)
I would happily come back to Zante someday and happily come back to Galaxy Hotel, and I'd definitely come back All Inclusive!!

Room Tip: We had room 21 on the ground floor opposite the reception which was great, no issues whatsoever.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BenL1993
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Me and my husband have just spent 2 weeks at the Galaxy, and what a wonderful surprise it was, because when we first arrived in Zante, (our first time in Greece) we thought it was dreadfull, just like Turkey, but thank goodness for the Galaxy, superb location, lovely modern rooms and most importantly, fantastic friendly staff. Nikos the waiter has become our friend and Claude, Stakis and Yiannis the bar tenders are the best! Ormondo the restaurant manager spoke to us every day and even surprised my husband with a birthday cake!We found the food was amazing, trying to please ALL nationalities is difficult, but there was something for everyone. Not alot of Brits stayed here, mainly Dutch German and from the Balkans but not a problem.(apart from not knowing how to queue!) Would not recommend Laganas for the over 40s, a bit too young and not much to do at night, but we stayed in the hotel most nights. Must check out the rooftop bar, amazing views and cool atmosphere but it would be soo much better if it was adults only. Top tip, get your drinks in at 11 as all inclusive ends then and there aren't any snacks between mealtimes, a bit poor for all inclusive, Spain does it much better! Overall, a great time had by all!

Room Tip: Email a few days before and ask for the sea view rooms, there are only two!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stuart r
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I travelled with my husband and stayed for two weeks in May,

The hotel room (201) was excellent big king size bed, and pool and sea view, Lovely big bathroom with bath and Shower, The food in this hotel was a bit of a let down although we could find something to eat and their was very little entertainment (a pianist and a turtle show) I think if you are All Inclusive they should have entertainment every night.

The pool and bar area was really clean and drinks were great especially the cocktails very large measures :-) We managed to get sun loungers no problem but would imagine this might not be the case in high season.

The staff at this hotel were brilliant really friendly and helpful. The location is excellent right on the beach and 5-10 mins to the strip. We used to go to amigos on the kalamaki Road thye has different singers on everynight. There is a brilliant sports bar just around the corner from the hotel just before you get onto the strip (Must Bar) the staff in here are really friendly.

All in all we had a fantastic time if we had been staying self catering I would have rated this hotel higher as the rooms and location are excellent.

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel directly before we arrived and asked for pool or sea view room and we got both.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love_Holidays_xx
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just got back from a week at the galaxy hotel, great location right on the beach !!!!
I was pleasantly surprised with everything, food was the best I've had at an all inclusive, there were lots of variety, pasta dishes every night, sprouts, brocoli,lots of chicken dishes, roast potatoes, salads, stuffed vine leaves, greek cheese pies, mushroom quiche, lasagne, fish, soup, chocolate cheese cake, melon etc. nice cocktails (sex on the beach) although I overindulged on the first night and couldn't face another one for the duration lol !!! the room we had was amazing it was really big with a lovely balcony, the bed was comfortable. The lagunas main strip was full of 18-30's bars, clubs, etc. but we mainly stayed on the rooftop terrace in an evening. The beach can get busy but if you walk towards Kalamaki (left from the beach) it gets quieter. There were some young british lads that were loud and often quite drunk, they trashed the hotel room as well, no respect for others or their environment. The hotel had lots of russians, dutch and German there too so there was a nice mix of nationalities. The staff were lovely and were very helpful and friendly. I would definetly go back there !!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends