“Brilliant”

Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
Nancy, France
“Brilliant”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Me and four other friends (all girls) stayed here for a week recently. These are really good apartments, the location is great - peaceful in the day and night, but you can walk to the nightlife pretty easily. Me and my friends would usually get a taxi home after a night out as you walk home past a field and we had heard it could be dangerous. But the taxi was only €5 each way so it wasn't an issue.
The staff here are AMAZING! They helped me organise a doctors appointment which I needed urgently. They also drove me and my friends to the airport free of charge when we accidentley missed our bus service!
The kitchen facilities aren't brilliant, but the cafe is really good. We would eat there most days, you can get a really good fry up for about €4.
Would definatley stay here again!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I've just got back from staying at the Borsalino with my friend and we loved it, only stayed 1 week so we were gutted to have to come home. The apartments are imaculate. Everyone should know that if you go to Greece the rooms are pretty basic but I can honestly say their rooms are the best I've ever stayed in and I go to Greece every year. The owners are lovely and really welcoming. The location is perfect, it's fairly isolated and really peaceful, but at the same time it's just a 15 minute walk into the nightlife. The pool is gorgeous, great size and goes nice and deep - they are strict with the pool and everyone has to use the poolside shower before getting in but when you see how clean the pool is kept it's definately worth while. Snack bar is good, great for breakfast / lunch etc, decent selection of things and prices are reasonable. Air con is 8 euros a day but again worth while, especially if the temparature reaches the 40 mark which is did for us. There are safety deposit boxes available for 10 euros per week. The only slight negative, which still shouldn't put anyone off, is that they only provide hand towels, no bath towels. They are willing to provide new hand towels every couple of days though so can just about make it work. I would defiantely recommend the Borsalino and can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We booked for Borsalino Apartments(with a pool view) but as it was end of season, upon arrival we were shown to the no name apartments. It seems Borsalino was shut down.

No name apartments were basic, the cutlery was rusty so I had to get ti changed. This was done promptly. I didn't have any dinner plates either only side plates, which isn't the case in places I have stayed previousley. Roula and her family were nice, with regards to Yannis and his family. Well they wouldn't open the pool, the pool bar, even the toilets! They woouldn't provide us with cushions for the sunbed although there were five of us sat around the pool. We weren't allowed to go in the pool because it wasn't manned. It was supposed to be open 10 - 4. I never even saw them during my 2 weeks stay.

All in all I like Greece but I wouldn't stay here again. I believe these people are only 'nice' to you in the height of season, any other time they don't seem to be interested.

Bit of a let down, if i'm honest.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank gilltinkerbelle
Wakefield
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My friends and I stopped in the No named apartments, but had booked for the Borsalino Apartments. The No named Apartments are really basic, but what do you expect for £18 each for 4 nights???? The rooms where no exactly clean but it is only somewhere to put your head down. You still can use the facilities at the Borsalino with its family run bar and they cannot do enough for you. Yainnis, Elena and her 2 little boys made us all feel so welcome and would go out of their way to make your holiday.
The friends that we made at the Borsalino had been several times and would not even think twice about re-booking. My friends and I had stopped there before but was 12 yrs previous, Yainnis still remembered us and that shows how well this place is run. The swimming pool was good and the area that surrounds was beautiful. The apartments are a short walk into town, which is fab for people not wanting all the hussle and bussle of club/pub life. The bar in the apartments shuts when you leave and the if you stay stays open till you are either drunk enough or tired enough to go to bed! I would reccommend this place to anyone that doesn't like noisy places, likes to be left alone and not hassled while you are trying to sunbathe.
The only advice is if you book make sur that you are in the Borsolino Apartments as we where booked into there with a pool view, and we ended up with a garden view.
The season is finishing earlier and earlier, I would not go back ant the end of Sept/beginning of Oct as we shared our outbound flights with Reps that had finished for the year.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rebekahjayne
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have just returned from a fantastic week in Laganas where I stayed at the No name & Borsalino Apartments. The complex with the pool and bar is the Borsalino and the No name is located about a 1 minute walk away but with access to the same pool and bar. The rooms we had at the No Name are typical of all of the rooms within the complex and consisted of two bedrooms with two single beds in each, a bathroom with shower and a kitchen area with a sink, fridge, kettle and twin hob cooker. The rooms we clean and tidy upon arrival and cleaned with the linen changed once or twice again during our week long stay. There was no security guard in the evening but as the place is tucked away there is really no need for this and when we returned home most evening’s with friends from other apartments we never faced any questions or charges for doing so, even when we may have made a little more noise than I think we should have. Apologies!

I really cannot praise Yannis and Elena enough; they both work extremely hard to make sure that everyone who stays with them has the best possible time. Yannis took the five of us out on his boat to see the turtle’s and then to see a few more sites, this was by far the best day of my holiday and I would recommend that anyone who stays here take the trip. There are several other turtle tour’s you see around but having a lovely little boat to yourselves give’s you much more freedom and Yannis know all the best place to go and see and is more than happy to load the boat with whatever refreshments you may like for the trip.

Food and drink at the apartments was all very reasonably priced with a pint of draught costing €2.50 and a large tasty bowl of spaghetti bolognese €4.50. I ate quite a few time at the apartment’s and was satisfied with every meal I had, one evening when we turned up late Elena even re-opened the kitchen just to feed us all before we went out for the night. We never took the option of air conditioning in our rooms but if I went again I probably would, it can quite stuffy as you can imagine and opening the back door lets in the mossies of which there are quite a lot. I would definitely advise purchasing a plug in for the room as they very small but some of their bites are not.

I cannot talk about the apartments without mentioning the pool. Yannis is very proud of how clean he keep’s his pool and it is kept very clean. It isn’t the biggest of pool’s but it is more than adequate for the number of guest’s it serves and we spent most day’s next to or in it.

The location is about a 10 minute walk from the first of the bars and about 20-25 minutes all the way to the end of the strip where it meets the beach. The beach in Laganas is very narrow and always felt cramped when we were on it, also when wading out into the sea the first 20-30 feet are covered in stones and rocks but once you get past this it is all soft sand and stays shallow for quite a way out.

The bars and clubs in Laganas are great, we started most evening in the Pink Panther for a bit of karaoke before moving on to fishbowl, bar code and several others. As it was early September it did not seem as busy as Malia did over the same time period but that was until we made it Rescue. Rescue has bars on two floors facing the strip but it was when we first walked around to the back of the bar and through the double doors we saw where everyone was. This was by far my favorite club throughout the week, it was busy in there every night and the music was always good. One piece of advice would be that the drinks in the club are more expensive than the bar outside, €7 for a cup of vodka redbull is a little steep and €5 for a sex on the beach, 330 ml bottle of amstel was €3. However if you by your drinks in the bar you can take them into the club although the door staff will take it out of the glass and put it into a plastic cup. I wish I had found this out before the last night. Cherry Bay is another good late night spot and they both shut at 5am (although I believe Cherries does stay open until 8am on certain nights).

In conclusion Laganas is great and given the trouble some of our friends had in there hotels, the Borsalino and No Name Apartments are well worth the extra 5 mins walk. I would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2010

My friends and I found Laganas to be an excellent resort for young adults...plenty of good bars and restaurants. It's not somewhere I'd choose to take my children tho, as there didn't seem much for kids to do.

The Borsalino is about 20mins walk from the main nightlife, and 30mins to the beach...which was ok as there are plenty of quieter bars to stop off in on the way. It is off the main road tho, and the path down to it is unlit...a possible danger to lone females!

Our room at the Borsalino was very basic and definately poorer for the lack of air-con (which we went without because it was extortionate). There was a lack of kitchen equipment, but it didn't matter to us, as we ate out every night.

The room was in a good position within the hotel - looking right onto the pool. The owner Yannis is very strict with his rule that you MUST shower before getting into the pool...altho the outside shower only supplies COLD WATER! The shower in our room wasn't much better...the water temperature is dependent on solar power.

The pool was smallish, but lovely - as where the surrounding gardens. The pool bar was ok for breakfasts and snacks.

A BIG NEGATIVE was that there are no safes in the rooms. You can hire one from Yannis, which is situated in the hotel bar, but Yannis has to be there for you to access the safe - as he keeps the key! The problem with this is that Yannis expected you to only access the safe (which YOU'VE paid for!) ONCE A DAY! It was obviously too much trouble for him to walk the 10 meters over to the safes and this made us feel uncomfortable *TUT*.

The highlight of our holiday was going on a jeep safari to see the ship-wreck...a memorable day out.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank MrsT1981
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2010

we stayed in the no name apartments, nerver found out why it was called that but it was a great find. rooms were clean and spacious, simple cooking facitilies but the pool bar do good cheap meals so we didnt cook! pool shared with borsalino was very clean, the family owning it were lovely! happy to call taxis or help you out. the place is off the main road leading to the street so it wasnt noisy and it was still only 10 mins from the strip. all in all a good trip, would recommend to anyone wanting the nightlife in laganas!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends