“best apartments in agrilia/laganas”

Aphrodite Apartments
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed August 19, 2012

yes it is a fair walk to nightlife and beach but ha you are on holiday all the time in the world.chris is fantastic behind bar so is dad and rest of the girls.just got back had best holiday in zante for seven years of going.best kept pool i have seen not the bigest but the cleanest.relax enjoy it then go down on bus to the island restaraunt on kalamaki road if you want a change thanks again chis see ya soon

Room Tip: family rooms facing pool smaller rooms abit futher back quiater rooms in gardens
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trevor j

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've been to Greece many times, on different locations, hotels, apartments - you name it.
I must honestly say Aphrodite Apartments is by FAR the best place I've ever stayed for holidays in Greece.

The rooms are very clean (every 2 days a maid clean the room), with good space, new spotless bathrooms build in 2012, LCD full HD TV with reception to international channels, a very nice balcony - surrounded by palm trees and flowery vegetation - that gives a "green" smell in the room, a spacious balcony with a table and chairs, comfortable beds, and a big closet that can carry more than all your clothes.

The pool is very nice - and not too deep, it's cleaned every single day! Not to mention you get free sun beds. The place is clean spotless, green, with a lot of flowers, you can chill at the pool every day if you like, with the music you desire. You also get free wi-fi.
The food and drinks are also great, and at convenient prices, if you want you can eat everyday there and you’ll like it.

I've found a downside: it's not the closest to the beach - a 20' walk will get you there. But it's not so bad - as Aphrodite Apartments is located at the main strip, you get to walk by all the shops, restaurants, boutiques; that turned out to be quite nice. And if you don't like to walk at all, at 20m from the place is the taxi parking space - at 6 euro it will get you anywhere on the resort.

One of the biggest super-market is located at 20 m from the Apartments - so it's quite convenient. You have a goodly equipped kitchenette, so you may cook something if you desire, make coffee, etc.

It's run by the greatest local family you could ever expect to meat - so you know all your queries will be personally dealt with care and respect.
Maria, Chris and Spiros are really great, and I can’t thank them enough for their hospitality, I will honestly miss them!
You do not just stay there, you will always feel like a welcomed guest in their house.

Would I recommend this place to anyone? You bet!
Would I go there again? YES, I would, I will!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Eduard L
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Rooms ok.
I would advise only getting 2 person rooms as the single beds for a 3rd person are like sleeping on an ironing board.
Rooms further away from the pool are the best.
Breakfast and lunch were nice and good value for money.
Pool is good.
It's a 30 minute walk from the strip. We didn't mind this as it is only a 6 euro taxi to the strip and a relaxing in the day.
Overall, good value hotel!

Room Tip: Away from the pool for the bigger rooms. Next to the pool for the banter.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

went to the aphrodite apartments in july and got to say it was brilliant the pool is of a good size ,the rooms were really nice aswell,and the food was lush the manager spiros and his son chris were really nice only downfall was it was a good 30 minutes to the beach would defo go back to these apartments

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stantracy
Reviewed July 16, 2012

So I went to Laganas with 4 of my girlfriends for our first clubbing holiday and Laganas was THE place to be. The hotel was overall not too bad, however there are a few down sides.

Positives:
-Only a short drive from the airport.
- Decent location, about 10 mins walk away from the strip but theres some good bars on the way down to get drinks deals from.
-Free shots on the first day.
- Couple of friendly staff; Aran & Martina were the best!!
-Happy hour at the pool bar, €10 for an hour you can get as many cocktails/fishbowls as you can drink and they also offered us free laughing gas by the end of the holiday too.
-Music was always playing round the pool.
- Basic but practical rooms.
-Supermarket right next door.

Negatives:
- Brian (also known as Fotis) is a worker there and is definitely someone to avoid. I did not feel comfortable around him at all throughout the holiday as he was very loud and intimidating, especially when you arrive early in the morning after a night out. We witnessed him get in to a couple of fights whilst we were there.
- They WILL try and charge you for everything and anything. Air-con €45 per week, safe €40, fridge €40 and if they find any spec of dirt on towels, sheets, etc when you are leaving they will charge you an obscene amount to clean it. We got purple shampoo on a towel which they tried to charge us €15 euros for which we avoided by cleaning ourselves. They also tried to charge a couple of people €190 for bed sheets after they found a foot print on them.
- You have to hand your key in to reception every time you leave.
-They take your passports on arrival almost as a deposit in case you do anything to the rooms or cause any trouble.
-On one of the nights we came home to discover that one of the rooms had been broken in to as the door lock was broken and there was water all over the floor. When we went to tell 'Brian' (who acts as security at night) he didn't believe us and wanted to charge us but after firmly telling him that is wasn't us and we weren't going to pay he said sorry.
-We had to pay for a room the day we were leaving because of our flights however we were moved 3 times as we agreed to keep one of our rooms, then got told we had to go to the ground floor where we were put in an ant infested room, complained and got moved back to the top floor next door to our original room.

Overall I enjoyed my holiday however there is a lot that the Aphrodite need to work on and if you don't stay on the right side of the hotel management and staff you WILL have a very bad experience.

Room Tip: All have pool views but avoid ground floor to keep away from the ants.
3  Thank Tactical_Lou
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Nice hotel but owner of the hotel isnt so nice and friendly. He was insisting on bying all the staff from his hotel. Not even water and fruits which he wasnt selling in hotel. We didnt took aircondition, safe, internet... he caled our agency right avay and complaying how bad customers we are. I had verbal fihgt with him once, he was literally in my face. I was so mad!!! The price list of everithing in hotel is high. And he is aproksimatly 1km avay from the main streat and the beach.
I would never stay in his hotel ever again!

2  Thank stravel82
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This review is for Aphrodite Apartments - Further down the strip away from the beach. Some of the photos posted are from the hotel and some are from the apartments.

I travelled with my friends around 2 years ago. You basically get what you pay for, simple rooms etc. The pool was nice though and there were always sunbeds free. The food was ok and the security guards certainly did their job.

HOWEVER...

We agreed to pay extra on our last day to keep our room later so we could get ready in it etc, as our flight was in the middle of the night. When we were packing our cases the afternoon, I realised that a pair of my Birkenstock sandles had gone missing. I was obviously very angry about this and went to question the manager about my shoes, and questioning whether the maids had taken them. They denied it but I knew they had, as we emptied all of our cases to check they hadn't got mixed up. We went out that night and left our cases in reception. When we got back to wait for the bus to pick us up with our cases, I decided I was cold and got my jacket out of my case... And what was packed right at the top of my case? You guessed it, my Birkenstocks were back in the top of my case. Clearly they had got them from whoever took them and put them back whilst we were out that night.

Apart from that, it was ok. Zante weather is lovely.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends