Poseidon Beach Hotel
Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$93
Natalie(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$73
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Acapulco Marinos Apartments(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$62
Cactus Hotel(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$30
$29
  • Pool
Hera Zakynthos Hotel(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$53
$36
Priceline
Atlantis Hotel(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$27
$227
$189
Hotels.com
All reviewspool areasnack barhotel in a great locationshort strollsea viewlovely roomearly seasongreat holidaylaganas bayon tapthe ground floorsmall bathroomturtle islandcameo islandchicken nuggetsall inclusive hotelturn right
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Even quite out-dated regarding facilities and equipment of the rooms and tough Internet connection (paid extra 20 euro, for really poor Wi-Fi connection), the staff manage to surpass all the cons and create the perfect holyday environment.
Very well positioned, right to the sea shore and aside to Havana Beach Club (the only place in Laganas we spotted the real good coffee and outstanding DJ-mix).

Room Tip: Ask for top floor sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Innocent_squeed
Reviewed July 30, 2013

From the moment i arrived, i felt like i was in paradise. The receptionists were so friendly and very helpful. The room was very clean and cozy with a spectacular view of the beach and pool. Also the air conditioning was ice cold, which is a huge factor for us. Me and my boyfriend ate everyday at the Beach Cafe, which is right next to the pool... and the menu had a great selection, and to top it off the food was not only delicious, but inexpensive. The staff was super nice and personable. Now, the beach was AMAZING!!! (it has a 6 mile beach front with white sand, no rocks) There is a day beach as well with servers. The hotel is located close to Laganas Strip. (walking distance)
Overall, I was so happy with my stay here and can't wait to return next year. I would definitely recommend couples and family's to stay here for a relaxing and a well accommodated vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend and his cousin for 2 weeks. We are 23,25 and 29 years of age.

I researched a lot before deciding on the Poseidon Beach hotel. It was between it and the Mediterranean Beach but in the end, I went for the Poseidon as it was the cheaper of the two.

Upon arrival, I was pretty disappointed to discover how small the room was. I was also less than impressed with the bed for my boyfriends cousin. We had rang in advance to make sure it would be a full size bed, but it was in fact a fold out bed. In the end though, it made very little difference as the bed was comfortable and we spent so little time in the room, the size didn't matter. Having stayed in Crete last year, it does seem to be common for Greek hotel rooms to be very small. Our balcony overlooked the pool/sea which was great, the only gripe being that the sliding door was really difficult to open/close.

The hotels location is perfect, right on the beach and only a short walk to the strip. The sand is compacted so if you are worried about getting your clothes/shoes dirty you needn't worry and you can also use the alternative route by road. There are also lots of nice restaurants/tavernas right on the beach, Balsamico and Cool Peppers being my favourites.

The pool area was pretty crowded when I was there although I never had difficulty getting a lounger (I'm an early riser so would have my towels in place most mornings around 8). If you are too late for a lounger, there are also beds available on the beach (€3) or on the grass (€2), however lots of places along the beach will give you a free lounger for the day. The food and drink at the pool bar was reasonably priced and of good quality. We were on a bed and breakfast basis and even though I only had breakfast about 50% of the time, it got pretty repetitive (to be expected really). I was also disappointed with the fruit juices as they consisted of 90% water and a splodge of fruit concentrate.

I gather the hotel is geared towards, families and couples, however while we were there, there was a lot of 16-21 year olds (GCSEs had just finished in the UK). In general they were well behaved however on a few occasions they did get a bit loud and drunk but Management were quick to deal with them.

If I was returning to Laganas, I probably wouldn't even look around again for different accomodation and would have no hesitation in recommending to friends/families.

For anybody wanting to see the turtles, I rented a canoe for 1 hr (€5 right beside the hotel) and just paddled out a few hundred metres. Within 5 minutes I had spotted a large turtle and jumped in with my snorkel and mask and paddled along side it...amazing!

Positives - Location, cleanliness, value, service, pool, bar, on the beach
Negatives - Very slow internet (unacceptable after paying €20 for 2 weeks), patio doors difficult to open particularly from outside, small rooms

Room Tip: Pool facing as they have a sea view and are cool in the evenings
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank fletch555
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Poseidon Beach in the resort of Laganas. We have been going to Laganas for the last 23 years (20 times in total) and this is probably the best place we have stayed. The hotel was very clean with a lovely forecourt, pool area, garden area and beach area. Sunbeds are free by the pool (very comfortable beds) but payable in the garden and beach areas. The breakfast is mainly continental in style although you can get eggs, bacon and beans if you want.
The rooms are ok with plenty of cupboard space, safe, fridge and air conditioning. The bathroom was ok with plenty of hot water, which in other accomodations we have stayed at usually an issue, with hot water running out.
The main strip is around 15 minutes walk away by road or by beach. Transfer time from airport is only 10 mins and costs 17 euro in a taxi, would take much longer by travel company coach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Christine S
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Do not come to this hotel if you're a group of young people looking to party and have fun. We had a great time but the hotel and staff were poor towards us.

Firstly we were given rooms which were awful, aircon was faulty, bathroom tiles cracked, toilet seat loose, broken bed, the list continues. I also think it's ridiculous that we have to pay extra for a safe and wifi, particularly the wifi which is so incredibly unreliable it's painful to use.

However, I personally think that the hotel gave us the worst rooms as they expect a young group of people to be rowdy and damage things.

Overall though, we've had a great holiday in Laganas, the clubs are amazing, the value for money is brilliant and the food is a dream. We will definitely be coming back to Laganas and definitely not coming back to Poseidon Beach.

• Stayed: July 2013