“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Laganas
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I and a friend have just returned from a week's stay at this lovely hotel. It is not only situated close to the beach, but also in tranquil woodland with established Pine trees. But what is outstanding is the superb attention you receive from each and every member of the staff, from the absolutely lovely lady Manager (sorry don't know her name but she goes out her way to speak to you not matter where she meets you) the catering/bar staff, to the outside staff. They all greet you with at least a smile and a hello and are all a credit to the hotel. I could honestly spend an awful lot of time talking about the Zante Beach because there is simply so much to compliment. There are, of course, small things that some holiday makers may find at fault - yes, the shower isn't the best or the tv not very modern, but in my view these aren't really important. We didn't go to any of the entertaiment, so can't make any comment about this, but I do think there could be something provided in the evenings for slightly "older" people like a quiz or such. My friend and I like to walk and the area is safe and easy both along the roadside and beach. The buses, although not always spot on time, run right outside the grounds, are cheap and frequent. All in all the Louis Zante Beach is second to none, and I'm sure everyone who stays there are made to feel very special as we both were.
Walking ladies

Room Tip: Although not essential a beach view would be special.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Zante Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Louis Zante Beach for your holiday in Zakynthos.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, that everything went well and that you had

a nice holiday with us. We are especially delighted to read that you are happy with the staff and the

service they provided, and would like to thank you for the suggestion regarding something in the

evenings for "older" guests. We will definitely look into this for future improvements.

We hope to welcome you soon back again to the Louis Zante Beach.

Kindest regards,

The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

First time here and from the start I have to say that the service is excellent. Many thanks to Katerina who was always about and chatty and so friendly. Ready to help with any little thing. Nothing was too much trouble for her.
Thanks must also go to Costa, The Maître Dee of the Restaurant. What a great character from this Steve Martin lookalike. Friendly, helpful, always smiling and his co workers actually like him and they all seem to enjoy working there. I think that this struck me most, the workers actually seem happy there. Even our cleaning lady Angela smiled as she worked and every day she moved the beds to clean underneath! What a team.
Ok there was one woman there that seemed like every day was a struggle and was just plain grumpy. That was a woman called Georgia. even a simple transaction of changing money seemed to be too much trouble and I am sure that she can smile. I just never saw it, and others seemed to notice that she seemed to struggle with a little courtesy!
Ok. that little moan is over, now a couple of others.
I think an all inclusive hotel should not charge 4.00 euro's for beach beds and most certainly not charge 3.50 euro's per day for the use of the room safe!
Food?
That was excellent and I am a finneky eater but I was surprised daily by the quality and variation of the food. The whole atmosphere in the food hall/restaurant was fantastic the waiters were totally on the ball, Costa was there with his eye on the ball, inbetween chatting with residents and staff.
The rooms were ok and I had no problems sleeping but did find it tricky getting the shower right,
and it was kept exceptionally clean by Angela.
Beach was glorious and clean and luckily the weather was awesome for September. Lovely and warm and copious amounts of sunshine.
Beach bar food was also well above parr. and again. the staff were friendly, smiley and always keen to serve.
All in all I have to say that the hotel was good and apart from the one exception the staff made the hotel Glow. "Louis Zante" You should be proud of your workers They are a credit to you.

Again I must repeat my thanks to Katerina (I think she is the Public Relations Manager, and very good at it) Costa, such a fun friendly man, and Angela , Our cleaner that was always smiling as she worked.
I alreay miss the wonderful food..haha

Room Tip: I had room 512 and it was nice and quiet with a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank daveyj6
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Zante Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be offering a great selection of cuisine and a perfect beach for everyone. We are thrilled to hear that you find all of our staff to be a credit to the hotel and that they made your stay that much more special. Moreover, we are happy to read that you found your room good and always spotlessly clean. In regards to your comment about the safe charge, we would like to inform you that we took the decision of excluding this fee from the room rate so as to not charge guests for a service they may not wish to use.

We hope to welcome you soon back again to the Louis Zante Beach.

Kindest regards,

Shropshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my 8 friends stayed here, the hotel was beautiful, lovely atmosphere, lovely bar staff.
But because we're a group of young girls, we we're put in the outer extensions of the hotel away from the actual hotel, in the trees basically... Which was quite a walk to main entrance and reception which wouldn't be handy in an emergency.

But I'd definitely go again, with family, not a group of friends.

It was 10/15 minutes from the main strip.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Louis Zante Beach.

It is a delight to hear that everything from lovely atomosphere to the bar staff was to your liking and that you found the hotel to beautiful. We are sorry to hear that our accommodations did not meet your expectations and only wish you would have told us while you were here as we could have found a solution.

We are looking forward to your next visit to the Louis Zante Beach.

Best regards,

Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

we were here last June and really enjoyed our stay, so I will start with the hotel.
Our room was lovely, 420, its about 60 yds from the beach and really lovely early morning with a drink on the balcony, you can smell the sea. About 200 yd walk to dinner.
Food...I am probably one of the hardest to please with food.
The food is not of restaraunt quality, but I didn't starve, I enjoyed it all.
The Hotel is situated right on the beach so even from the main building I doubt if you have 100 yds to walk to the sandy beach.
If you use the sunbeds, you will get charged which I think is a little strong for all inclusive. The hotel will charge 12 euro for 2 beds and a shade, further up the beach the re are better beds and cheaper.
THE STAFF ARE JUST WONDERFUL, REALLY JUST WONDERFUL, Romanian, Polish, and some Greek they are all first class.
Will we be back YES I truly hope so, prbably the most relaxing Hotel I have ever stayed in.
x

Room Tip: go for 420
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andy d
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Zante Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear guest,

It is a delight to read that you had an amazing holiday with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as the access to the beach from your room. We are thrilled to hear that you found all of our staff to be wondreful and first class, and we are happy to read that you enjoyed our cuisine. Let us clarify to readers of your comment that the only sunbeds which are chargeable are those at the beach, and this is because the public beach is a turtle nesting zone. As such, it is protected by environmental associations.

Thanks again for your post and we are looking forward to your next visit to the Louis Zante Beach.

Best regards,

St Austell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Visited this place on our last holiday. Everything was great and would go back again any time. Food very good. Drinks pretty good. Rooms very nice. Pool very good. Location on the beach is great. Close enough to main strip but quiet.
10/10.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fezzypower
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Zante Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for holidaying at the Louis Zante Beach.

We are thrilled to hear that that everything from our delicious cuisine and nice rooms to our pool and location on the beach were to your liking.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Louis Zante Beach in the nearest future.

Faithfully yours,

billericay,essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Arrived at Zante beach on Tuesday 10th sept 2013 quick check in by very helpful and friendly English speaking reception advised need to pay 3.50 euros a day for safety deposit box which I thought was wrong as normally just a deposit and get it back end of holiday . We were 2 couples age 48 staying all inclusive , initially worried after booking holiday that we were staying in an area where teenagers like to party as advised by my teenage son but apart from some teenagers on our plane and coach from the airport wasn't a problem . Did go to laganas town one evening but fairly quiet maybe in height of season would have been different. The hotel rooms basic but have tv, fridge and get a fresh bottle of water everyday ,very clean, our tv went wrong one day and maintenance quickly fixed it within 24 hrs . Staff very friendly and helpful, food good and plenty of choice also an area where food cooked fresh such as omelettes in the morning . We also ate in the beach bar food also very good BBQ chicken pork and pizzas as well as salads and desserts. We stayed all inclusive so drinks free, cocktails plentiful afternoon tea at 3 consisted of cakes and biscuits though cake quite dry but ice cream available all day also in evening after 11 sandwiches and crisps laid on as if we needed anything else to eat. Entertainment every day but not really very good and one day had rain and no entertainment put on to entertain guests this I feel was the only let down and needs improving and therefore we ventured out a couple of evenings because of this. Went to kalamaki to the cave bar a couple of times and ate in in mikolos one night ( highly recommend these) overall location excellent right on beach approx 10 min walk along beach to laganas strip. Overall would definitely recommend

Room Tip: When ask for sea view make sure rooms are at the front as we could see the sea but between other hot...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Zante Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for a few lovely lines describing your stay at the Louis Zante Beach.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a quick and efficient check-in and that you found your room to be very well equipped with tv, fridge and a fresh bottle of water every day. We are delighted to read that you found our staff very friendly and helpful and that you indulged in our delicious cuisine. Moreover, we are happy to read that you enjoyed the all-inclusive offer. We are sorry to hear that our entertainment did not meet your expecations and would like to let you know that we will be passing on your comment to our animation team for future improvements. In regards to your comment about the safe charge, we would like to inform you that we took the decision of excluding this fee from the room rate so as to not charge guests for a service they may not wish to use.

We hope that you will visit us at the Louis Zante Beach soon again.

Faithfully yours,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just had two weeks at the Louis Zante Beach, and loved every minute of it (other than the tropical storm on our last day!). When we arrived, we were shown to our room, which was a ground floor annexe sea view room that we had had paid upfront for. When I saw the room, I was not happy with the sea view, as trees and bushes were obstructing most of the view. I spoke to reception and they said that they could change our room in a couple of days if we wanted to. When I got up on our first morning, I pulled back the curtains, and there was this glorious sea view in front of me - the maintenance team had cut back the trees and bushes so that we had our sea view! This set the scene for the outstanding service that we were to receive from all staff throughout our holiday - nothing was too much trouble. In summary, food was great, plenty of choice,, always hot, and regularly replenished. Cleaning standards very high, no problem with sunbed availability, the very friendly animation team worked tirelessly, but wouldn't bother you if you just wanted to chill out and relax. The entertainment was better than you usually get at these places, but a couple of professional shows would have given us a bit more variety. Our room was very spacious (with a lovely sea view!).The beach is beautiful, and if you fancy a walk, turn right onto the beach and walk for about 40 minutes to a small island. You then pay 4 euros to get onto the island and this includes a drink at the bar. The island is beautiful, has stunning views (we saw turtles as we had a drink) and a small beach with a bar, some good snorkelling, nice music and a great atmosphere - we went there twice and stayed for a few hours each time. We also took a three hour boat trip that we booked on the beach. It was a lovely trip with a couple of stop offs and only 20 euros each - much cheaper than booking through our tour operator. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this superb hotel, and I have a feeling that we will be returning again one day. Our thanks to all staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnparslow
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for choosing to stay at the Louis Zante Beach.

It is a pleasure to read that you loved every minute of your holiday and that you found all of our staff very friendly with nothing being too much trouble. Moreover, we are delighted to read that you found our hotel to be spotless and that you indulged in our delicious cuisine. Additionally, we are thrilled to read that you found our animation team hard working and would like to thank you for your suggestion regarding professional shows, we will definitely takek this into consideration for future improvements.

Warm wishes,

The Management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Mediterranean Beach Resort Hotel
Bitzaro Palace Hotel
Bitzaro Palace Hotel
#2 of 30 in Kalamaki
Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments

Been to Louis Zante Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!