“Amazing apartments”
Review of Derekas Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laganas
Derekas Apartments
Ranked #7 of 17 Laganas B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just arrived back from the derekas apartments..what a wonderful clean family run place this is..very helpful,friendly,not far from the strip,would recommend this place to anyone..basic apartments but very very clean,with wonderful maid service..Dennis the owner is a lovely guy..would definitely return..our friends stayed in a posh hotel down the road received no maid service or clean sheets or towels and paid double..thank you to all for a lovely trip..

Room Tip: Any room in this apartment block is perfect with balcony terrace and pool view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chloe D
There are newer reviews for Derekas Apartments

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very friendly staff, spotlessly clean, both room and pool. Very relaxing and chilled and sufficiently far away from Laganas if you don't want to get involved in that!!! I didn't.
Cracking week, I'm going again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank davejstow
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just got back from Derekas apartments and i have to say it was amazing. The 1st thing we noticed was how amazing the pool areas is, so clean and obviously very well looked after. Yes the rooms are basic but we had everything we needed an the rooms are immaculately clean. Eda who works at the pool side bar is amazing, always making amazing food, ( especially her omelettes ) great cocktails,an always knowing our drinks at beer o'clock, We are already planning our next trip there and can't wait to go back

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debime
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went for a much needed break on my own after many years of having family holidays and I found Derekas studios to be an excellent place to recharge my batteries. This is a family run business, two kilometers from Laganas but the local bus is passing outside the studios and I was able to take full advantage of this service to explore the Zakynthos town and other resorts. I found Mr Dionyssi, and the staff very friendly, welcoming and hospitable. I felt completely safe there and I experienced the Greek traditional hospitality of a bygone era. My room was cleaned daily and towels changed every few days. The room had a functional kitchenette and I particularly made use of the fridge. At the bar I had the best greek coffee I've had for years and I was pleasantly surprised to find Greek people also enjoying the excellent facilities. Both swimming pools were very clean and well maintained. I wish more people could take advantage of this lovely facility and accommodation. Although it appears to be part of Laganas it is far away enough from the nightlife and it would suit all ages including young families .
Thank you for such a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel staff are excellent. Always there to help. Ringing taxis for us to get down to the strip. I was staying in another hotel down the road and walked here daily as I enjoyed it so much and would rather be here. Food is good and cheap too. Good selection of alcohol and cheap too. It's a more relaxed clubbers hotel. Chilled in the day.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Shaness105
Reviewed September 12, 2012

well... your right matt there is no kettle haha... but that being said there was a nice bar at the pool with lovely staff that couldnt help you enough. a family of four including two small children, we had a brilliant time the rooms were basic but clean as were the pool and bar area. we met some lovely people, we had a warm a friendly welcome from the staff and owners of the hotel they were polite friendly and helpful through out our stay and tried to accomadate our children as best they could as did a lot of the younger holiday makers at the hotel playing football with them ect. although i wouldnt say laganas is a family place i would certainly return on an adults holiday. overall we had a great holiday :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WendyandMark_12
Reviewed September 11, 2012

WOW!!!! I have never in my life felt so ashamed and disappointed by the standard of a so called "2 star apartment'! if a hotel like that received 2 stars then i imagine that going to war and fearing for you life receives a 3 star rating!!! firstly there is NO reception so we had no idea on how to check in, finally after a while we realised that (believe it or not) the key had been left in the door of our so called room and we was to just wander in on our own terms! secondly the shower room (aka dirt box), had NO hot water throughout the week and not only did we have to shower in ice cold water we had to hold the shower head above ourselves because the shower head holder was rotted off the wall! if you like your room to be kept air conditioned and a nice 'cool' temperature then i suggest you stand in the pool as the air conditioning unit was hanging off the wall, so even if we had paid the horrendous charge for the privilege of using it I'm sure it wouldn't have been all that effective. thirdly if you enjoy any form of physical combat with the hotel staff then this is the place to be (especially if you have no fear of stab wounds)! yes the hotel barman pulled a knife on us over a spilt drink! finally if you like a nice long, and i mean long walk to anywhere then you may just get in to the beach after about a 1 hour expedition through half finished streets with no lights and dirt everywhere! in conclusion if you are the type of person who would pay to sleep in the Sahara dessert at night with sheets that don't get changed EVER, or a person who enjoys life threatening behaviours or just an absolute idiot then this is a hotel for you! anybody with any form of common sense please for your own sake avoid this abysmal example of a hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank matt1308
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Hera Zakynthos Hotel
#25 of 73 in Laganas
Venus Hotel & Suites
Venus Hotel & Suites
#1 of 30 in Kalamaki

Been to Derekas Apartments? Share your experiences!