“Highly recommend”
Review of Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Ranked #14 of 103 Restaurants in Laganas
Description: Carpe Diem is an all day and night restaurant located on the main strip of Laganas. Guests have the chance to taste Mediterranean and Vegetarian dishes as well as coffees and a large variety of cocktails.
Reviewed June 12, 2019

Great service the staff are wonderful and the food is so nice, one of my favourite places to eat in Laganas

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Decided to eat here before heading back to the airport as we had been walking past all week yet hadn't been in. We had tzatziki and halloumi to start, which were both very good. The main meals were delicious also, I had the pasta primavera, which was amazing and I would very much recommend. My friends also enjoyed the risotto and pasta napolitane. A little more expensive than other nearby restaurants but you pay for a higher quality of food.

Our only complaint was that our waiter mixed up my friends order and she was brought spaghetti carbonara instead of the pasta napolitane which she had ordered, and after little apology had to ask for it to be changed to the correct dish. However that didn't detract from the food being very good and I would recommend to eat here if you're in Laganas!

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

I visited here in late May. The restaurant is visually stunning, the staff are friendly.
I ordered a vodka and fresh orange, it was strong to say the least. Had to get more orange, but vodka was a good vodka.
My problem with this restaurant was that when I ordered my dish I asked was there any cheese or butter on it. It was a traditional dish so I had no idea, I was told no there wasn't so ordered it. When it arrived it sadly had both on it. I tried to eat a little but i could not eat it. I complained and said I'd asked and was told no, to be told that's how it's made!!!
I asked for my meal to be taken away, I can not eat butter or I vomit quite instantly. Thankfully I'm not allergic it's just a severe reaction to the taste.
My meal was taken away, the waiter just said, next time you try this dish, you will enjoy that !!!!
The meal wasnt removed from my bill, so I paid for my tea and couldn't eat it. Had a take away on way back to hotel. I should of kicked off and refused to pay but just 2 women on there own I wasnt happy doing that.
The food did look lovely had I been able to eat it. I would just warn people with food intolerances to think twice before eating it. I was ripped off and felt sick but it wasnt a trip to hospital as I can be for people who are allergic or intolerant.

Date of visit: May 2019
Theo K, Owner at Carpe Diem, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, first of all we are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us on your visit. We’d like to take the opportunity to apologise for the mistake when ordering your food, as this problem hasn’t occurred before! The staff at Carpe Diem are proficient in their use of English and usually provide excellent service when catering for people with different food intolerances. Again we can only apologise and ask that should you return you give Carpe Diem another go and you will see the professional service that we can offer!

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Popped in for coffee after being given a flyer as we walked to the beach. The restaurant has a relaxed stylish feel which is in direct contrast with many bars/restaurants in the area. Music was suitably acoustic with mainstream classics from different decades, which fitted the mood. The food was fresh, delicious and generous in portion sizes. Downside was people smoking so we had to move tables hence 4 stars. Great service too.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

We had dinner here one evening. Looking at the menu it was more expensive than most other places, so I thought the food would be something to look forward to. Instead we got poor food. The steak was dry with no sauce. Service was nothing more than average.

Great location, but it's just not worth it. Every other place we tried were better than this one.

Date of visit: September 2018
Theo K, Owner at Carpe Diem, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

thanks for your bad words ,we would appreciate more if the time after you had your meal you was inform us about our food or our service ,you must be the first one customer who found everything wrong for our lovely restaurant.anyway i hope next time you come to lagana to come and try us again and do the best we can to make your dinner special.