All reviews laganas road amazing island clean hotel rooms cleaned every day enjoyed my stay plenty of sunbeds young people strip zakynthos
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will be honest, we had a very good deal. Probably should have realised at the time that it was too good to be true!

Check-in: it’s ok, staff are ok. The younger reception staff are lovely and very helpful. One really isn’t and the manager, awful. He does not care, not sure what customer service, management and leadership training, if any, was undertaken by this guy. There was also no introduction to the facilities either, so you just got to wing it!

Room: ok, it was not horrific, I’ve stayed in worse. Maids attended our room daily and cleaned the floors, remade the beds. You’ve got to pay for air con at a daily fee. The shower head is handheld, it didn’t really bother me, but I can see how it can others. Please do not leave personal belongings unattended in your rooms. Lock away high valuable items or just don’t take them away with you.

Poolside: nice pool area, the water was clean and cold and very welcoming after some time in the heat.

Bar: the beer is probably the best option and we found a wine barrel just behind the bar, we literally had white wine every day. It was the best out of the bad bunch of drink choices. The vodka and coke made me feel sick. We asked for snacks throughout the day like crisps etc. ‘No!’ So, go to the supermarket and buy your own, it’s pretty cheap.

Food: it is edible and if you’re like me and like fresh salad the tomatoes are just amazing! As for choice, it was a bit boring. I’ve stayed at better all Inclusive’s resorts which have a number of kitchens. The friend I was with compared the canteen area to a prison or correctional facility. ‘Being in the canteen was what one would imagine to be like in a prison with inmates.’ My advice split up your time between eating at the hotel and out of it. We got some good deals.

Staff: like I said earlier, the younger staff were friendly and very helpful. The older lady at reception and one of the bar staff could do with some urgent customer service training and to also understand what grimace means.

When personal belongings went missing at the bar, my friends phone ‘went missing’, we chatted to another guy and his phone charger was ‘borrowed’ by the maid who promised to bring it back the next day and another guest said her shoes went missing! Whilst we are all adults and assume personal responsibility for our possessions, there must be a margin of empathy and help from the staff. There isn’t. So, please don’t expect them to bend over backwards because they won’t. Maybe it’s been a tough, long summer season. I wonder if there’s hotel performs better in early season when the staff maybe more motivated?

Checkout: don’t take your eyes off your bags! Ours were accidentally taken to another hotel... we had to get a cab to it to collect them and bring them back. Luckily the hotel paid for this but once again no sympathy, no genuine apology and lack of care. Luckily we had an hour to spare before leaving for the airport.

In summary, you get what you pay for. It wasn’t the worst holiday. My friend and I enjoyed our 5 nights there.

1  Thank RLON26
NatashaVitsou, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear RLON26

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience at Majestic Hotel & Spa.We feel very sorry that your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa did not live up to your expectations.
All the staff of our Hotel is fully trained according to the need of each position. For ecological reasons and because our island does not have plenty of water we bring daily extra water with tankers for our Hotel, the water in Zakynthos is limited so we do not use the bath plugs anymore in our Hotel. Snacks are provide at the bar with request.We are an all inclusive hotel with variety of drinks with our local products. Rest assured that we carefully noted all your comments.Our daily motivation is to ensure that all of our guests are completely satisfied with their experience at our Hotel,with the desire to achieve the level of excellence you are entitled to expect.

Management team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and i (aged 47&50)stayed here for a week all inclusive and what a mistake it was .Please believe all the bad reviews because they are all true and then some more.The good reviews are obviously fabricated by staff so look into them more closely .We have stayed in many all inclusives so know what to expect but this place was by far the worst we've ever stayed in .Ate out most days due to the food and total lack of service ,could not even utilize the all inclusive drinks at the bar due to staff hygiene,the guy on the bar had what i can only describe as a extremely bad fungal infection across both hands to which he was inserting into the plastic drinking cups to pull apart before pouring drinks into them and as for the one cocktail on offer that was a joke ,the dispenser it was served from i would not let my dog drink from so we couldnt use those either .I did speak with reception about this hygiene issue and about not wearing gloves when his hands were so bad to which i was just told all the staff had been tested !! Tested does NOT stop bits of raw flesh falling into the cups.I have never seen anything so bad before.We had to spend an additional 500 euro on food and buying a few cans for around the pool but to be honest we tried to spend most of our day away from the hotel as we couldnt use the facilities anyway .Absolutely no entertainment what so ever .The snacks consisted of a one triangle of sandwich wrapped in cling film which you had to ask for behind the bar we only found this out by one of the other guests telling us as they were not out on display .
I visited the pool toilets once during my staff and once was enough infact i didnt use them due to there being no men/lady signs and there were only hinges were there was once a door .Absolutely disgusting . This is definately not a 4 star hotel .The only thing that saved our holiday was the fact we brought plenty spending money for trips etc which of course was used on food.
Plus side - Cameo island is a must if you like snorkling ...swimming with the turtles around this island is the only thing that saved our holiday.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Curlyka

Dear Curlyka

I can assure you that all of our reviews are real as they have been checked by the tripadvisor members.
We are sorry to here from you that our buffet and drinks were not in your expectations.
All of our staff working in the hotel have pasted all the tests of healthiness, so they are all able to work. Also they are fully trained according to the need of each position.The Hotel is of course rated as a 4 star Hotel and the rating was given from the special controllers.We feel very sorry that your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa did not live up to your expectations.

Management team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the majestic hotel annd spa with friends.we hade a very pleasant stay at the hotel.the rooms were cleaned every bay with clean towels. Food at the restaurant marvelous.also we visited the spa witsh was also great..

Trip type: Traveled with friends
NatashaVitsou, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Miketravelad

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. It is always very motivating and encouraging for us to receive such comments from our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Majestic hotel and spa is a great hotel. Very big hotel with many area's. Clean hotel and rooms. We were shocked with the food as we expected the worst from the latest comments but suprising it was perfect!

Dear GIORGIO K

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had an amazing holiday with my friends! *** stayed at majestic hotel was a great choice having the strip right outside from our hotel room! Clean hotel with nice rooms ! Good and friendly staff! !!!

Dear Dionysis K