Dados Hotel
Hera Zakynthos Hotel(Laganas)(Great Value!)
$49
$134
Hotwire.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe security guardpaint partybreeze bargirls holidayair conminute walkpukka up boat partybest week of our livesabsolute legendspure beach clubbar staffdecent musicmy friendevery nightcheap drinksperfect distance from the stripserved all day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went to the Dados in July 2012 for my first holiday away from my parents with a few friends. It wasn't the hotel we had originally wanted to stay in but we booked it last minute expecting a fairly decent hotel but didn't expect too much.
However, we were given a very pleasant surprise when we arrived. If you're in Laganas for the clubbing scene (which most people would be) it is absolutely brilliant. About a ten minute walk from the strip with a few sports bars and restaurants dotted around on the way to the strip, the location is superb.
As for the hotel itself, the staff were absolutely fantastic. The hotel manager was brilliant with us from the start, and as long as you behave yourself when you're around him you won't face any problems at all. All of the staff are up for a laugh and there is generally a feel good atmosphere about the place. During our stay there we got to know a hilarious security guard called Kostas who is probably the best hotel employee I've ever come across. If you ever have any issues with security he doesn't hesitate to respond, and if you get back from a night out a little worse for wear he was always there to offer a helping hand.
The room was what you would expect from a non-too-expensive hotel. The beds were comfortable enough and the bathroom facilities were fine. The pool is good enough for lounging around and there were always spare sun loungers while we were there. The poolside snack bar offered all kinds of things from cocktails to hot snacks, which was always welcome whilst nursing a hangover. Highlights from the drinks were two Vodka Juicy drinks for 5 euros. The drinks hit hard and were a welcome way to start your night.

Overall I really couldn't find fault in my stay in the Dados. If you like to have a quieter day time and then an all-action night time then this is definitely a hotel I would recommend. The music is brilliant and six months after your holiday you'll be reminiscing about 'reggae hour'.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Keith_Wells
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for a week in August with 3 friends. We found out we were staying in the annex and we were worried about it after reading the reviews here, but we really didn't need to be.
We arrived in the middle of the night and met Ron the rep, and Jimmy who checked us in and we bought the control for the aircon. There was a mix up with our rooms so they weren't together but we were told to come to reception the next morning and Jimmy sorted it out straight away. We were helped up to our rooms with our bags which we really appreciated.
The rooms were basic but very clean and had everything we needed. The kitchenette wasn't up to much and we never used it because we weren't sure how clean the pots would be, but to be honest I don't know if we would've used it anyway. We did have a lot of ants in our room but this is the case for anywhere in Greece and that's what happens when you leave the balcony door open!
The pool was great, a good size, and we never had problems getting a sun bed. The pool bar was good and it had a great selection of food and drink which we didn't expect. All the staff were lovely and really friendly. One of us had problems with the lock on our suitcase at one point and we asked for help at the bar and two members of staff put great effort into helping us, they even came up to the room with tools and got the lock open without breaking the case, I can't praise them enough on how helpful they were.
There is a supermarket joined on to the hotel but I think it is owned separately so you are not allowed to bring anything from there to the pool, which you can understand.
At welcome meeting we decided to buy the reps package but we wished we hadn't because the tickets were easy to get anyway, and meeting the rest of the group meant we had to go out for the night at 8pm somedays.
The location is great, it is 5 minutes from the strip but far away enough to still get sleep and it was right next to the beach and great places to eat.
If you are staying in Laganas I would 100% recommend staying here, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank k12013
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friend came here, only paid £277 each for a week but didn't expect much because it was a 2wentys hotel. We were wrong! Ron our rep met us at the airport and met us again at the hotel. Jimmy checked us in and showed us where to go to our room. We were in the hotel just above the bar with a view of the pool so was really good!

We bought the week long package for €160 and went to everything! Best night was definitely the foam party! Had such a laugh! The events do start early but you meet so many people and they do drink deals as well :)

We met Costas on our first night and I can see why people get annoyed because he is VERY flirty but we got on the good side of him and one of the nights I was ill and Costas checked if I was ok and needed anything. Did not hassle me at all! Basically, be nice to him and he'll be nice to you!

We were by the pool everyday, kept clean all the time and is massive! Great to meet people as well :) happy hours at the bar are amazing and we occasionally got free drinks or shots off Dennis :) one shot from Dennis was 'firewater' OMG it burns your throat at first but is fine after :) haha

Hotel is 1 min from the beach and 5 from the strip so is perfect! Loved Rescue's, Plus Club and Linekers :) went to Must Sports Bar for dinner on our last night, as recommended by Ron. It was amazing! Cheap food and cheap drinks :)

I really could go on forever, but in short, amazing staff, Ron looked after us, maids were amazing, Zante was amazing. I'd go back in a second! :) Dados Crew 2012! :)

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank kaybee1990
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Dado's for 2 weeks and to be honest reading some of the reviews the week before we went I wasn't looking forward to getting to our hotel. But honestly this hotel is probably the best in Zante! Supposedly has the best and biggest pool too!

It's location is class, like literally a minutes walk from the beach and then if you're wanting to get onto the strip, which you will be.. its again 5 minutes walk and you have MUST bar and Mami's there on the way which are probably the best 2 places to get food. The kebabs at Mami's are unreal, they lads there will adopt you into their family and look out for you every night! Proper sort you out with food and stuff! Must bar is good if you wanna catch some football plus the pr's there are top too! Anyway yeah...

The cleanliness of the hotel is top, they clean your room every 2 days and the maids are dead nice! They won't steal anything so don't worry, they're really friendly, get a safe if you feel it would be better but honestly theres no need, we got one and regretted spending the 15euro.

Only thing which we thought we got swindled on was having to pay 50euro a week for aircon. Nevermind eh, you're on holiday and plus you don't need it but it does help!

The staff are top, best off catching Jimmy when he's off his head the guy is such a laugh, can't get a word he's saying but he means well, he's a nice guy! His wife I forget her name was also very friendly!

Dennis who I think is the manager and bar man is a very friendly guy if you have a problem go to him or the rep Ron who again was a top lad, really funny and friendly just think he got annoyed a bit with our group cause we didn't buy any of the activities off him cause we knew they would be cheaper on the strip. But yeah both top fellas will definitely look after you!

And I have read a few of these reviews mentioning Costas the security guard, slating him a bit. Let me tell you now he's not some little gremlin kind of guy who's going to come in to your room cause he owns a key to your room. He has the keys incase you forget your own. He can be flirty obviously but if you're a girl and you have been pre drinking you're gonna be teasing him without knowing. But he's not even bad! He's a top security guard we became great friends with him! Sort him out with some vodka on the first night! He loves you! He had loads of fun with us! Every night we'd sneak into our mates room with his key and pour suncream all over him, every night! Costas gets a bit bored so when you come back from the strip have a laugh with him he loves you for it! Very lenient with bringing girls back to the hotel as well! ;) You dont get many nice security guards when you go away but honestly girls you have nothing to worry about he's a top lad and looks after everyone!

Food and Supermarket at the hotel is spot on too! Honeslty I cannot say a bad thing about it! Really enjoyed my time in Zante and the hotel made it better, it was nice to come back too after a night! and in the day its a top place to be!

Room Tip: All very good sizes, you get what you're given every room is nice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank kluuuu
Reviewed August 22, 2012

i went with my friend, both 20 and looking for a week away; getting drunk and having fun. thats exactly what we got. we were in the annex, its very basic but we didnt need anything else. the staff were very friendly and our rep 'ron' was very helpful in letting us know the best places to go, he was good to have a laugh with and is very efficient in solving any issues. if you are looking for a quiet holiday i wouldnt recomend staying here, but if your looking for somewhere to sleep after a good night out this is deffinatly the place to be, 1 minute from the beach and 5 from the clubs. one thing to be carefull about is the night sequrity guy 'costas' he has a key to all the rooms and if yiu flirt with him he will try to get in your room or try it on with you

Room Tip: the annex is alot smaller and more basic than the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends