“Ignore the good reviews! We wish we had.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laganas
Christina Apartments
Ranked #33 of 66 Specialty Lodging in Laganas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My partner & I have just returned from a week's stay at the Christina & were very shocked at the state of the place. After reading some good reviews, we were quite optimistic & decided to book this holiday but were very disappointed upon arrival and we wish we had paid more attention to the bad reviews. I think it was probably nice 20 years ago but no work has been done on it since!
When we arrived 3 of the lights were out, we complained about the one which in fairness was replaced straight away. After a couple of days we ran out of toilet roll, but when I asked for more they said we couldn't have any until the following day, you get a certain 'allowance' per week, how ridiculous is that?! I wasn't expecting a top quality place but I don't even think it merits the 2 stars it has been given. We had a cleaner who did nothing except change the bins 2 or 3 times in the week, not once were the beds made or the floors even swept or the bathroom cleaned (the shower curtain had mould on it).
Our bathroom kept flooding as the drainage system was poor, and it never got cleaned, we had to use towels to mop up the water but the towels were only replaced once in a week! The shower broke twice in the week, the first time the water was just trickling out, when we asked them to look at it they said they didn't have the tools to fix it. Then a couple of days later we had no hot water!
The pool/restaurant area was fairly nice overall although I didn't see the pool being cleaned at any point & it was looking rather dirty by the end of the week. The food was okay & reasonably priced. The water feature they advertise was non-existent, we didn't see it.
Sleep quality was not great as the beds and pillows were uncomfortable & some nights they still have the music on loud very late & they also have a dog they leave tied up outside which barks constantly.
I would never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kirstie600
There are newer reviews for Christina Apartments

Reviewed September 20, 2013

So we arrived at Christina Studios midday on the 8th of September, we travelled as a party of 3 lads obviously on a lads holiday expecting nothing more than a party holiday.

I’d been to Zante before previously stopping at Illios Apartments and enjoyed my time there and knew of all the constraints about flushing the toilets and not drinking the water. I was hoping in the time that I’d been away that a little bit of the Lenny Henry Comic Relief money would have filtered its way to this deprived part of the world.

Unfortunately not, the water was still undrinkable and even Yorkshire Water would be ashamed to provide it. The locals were still insisting that I couldn’t flush toilet paper down the toilet. I didn’t believe them and merely thought they were mugging me off.

I might have been tempted to leave the toilet roll in the bin had the maid actually emptied it every day. I couldn’t imagine that Spiros and all his feta cheese enthusiast family living in their own squalor surrounding by last night’s endeavours handily placed in the bin. The maid was practically non-existent emptying bins only once in the week. This wasn’t much of a problem but the fact that towels were only changed once a week as well was.

Coupled with the fact that the pool turned everything green including my chest and probably due to my lack of swimming skills likely my insides too. Other than that the pool was a tidy refuge with an assortment of inflatables including the biggest beach ball known to mankind.

The shower curtain was in all honesty a disgrace so we just decided not to use it and make our bathroom a wet room since it had drainage in the middle. It’s also a handheld shower as the Greek’s seemingly couldn’t be bothered to fix one additional bolt on the wall to hold it up. Suppose it fit in with the Greek philosophy of Mugging Off 101.

Food in the hotel was the usual fare you’d expect on holiday where nothing really tastes like it does at home. Chicken nuggets here I was particularly partial to. We didn’t try anything by the way of actual meals anywhere instead gorging on the British gourmet meals typical of a greasy spoon.

Upon arrival our rep Stevie came by welcoming us to The Christina and she was helpful, albeit speaking very quickly. We only ended up buying tickets off her to the beach party which after a plethora of strong drinks I imagine was a great night out. Another group pretty much bought the entire package and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Safes are readily available but again we didn’t bother as I prefer to hide my valuables in the room this time choosing underneath the TV as a method to hide my passport. Also since the maid doesn’t enter your room she’s not going to steal anything.

However ensure that you don’t leave things out on low floor balconies to dry out. One of our group had two pairs of underwear stolen from here. When I questioned Aris the security guard about the whereabouts of the boxer shorts he got a little bit angry as he presumed I was accusing him of being The Panty Pincher. Maybe he doth protest too much, I don’t know.

An assortment of animals seem to roam by the property including midget cats, mangy dogs and giant chickens who cock-a-doodle while its night time.

As it was getting towards the end of season it was quieter than I imagined it would be and there were a few older people arriving as the week went on. As far as I’m aware there were no problems; although we were warned once by security for being noisy around 6am.

All in all despite the moans above it was a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and would recommend Zante and The Christina to anybody who’d listen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Riversider123
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at Christina studios with my partner first week of September we were greeted by a friendly guy and was pleasantly surprised to find we had a double bed and room was clean with a balcony,pool area was clean and staff were all friendly and helpful,
overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay at Christina again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Gemwils2012
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for a week in August with 5 other girls . The rooms were basic but better than what we expected after reading some of the reviews . The reps and family were lovely , food was a good price and tasted nice . 10 minute walk from the strip. Pool was cleaned every night and their was no need to rush for sunbeds . Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After spending numerous months looking at and waiting for new reviews to come on about The Christina, its safe to say I was DREADING it! With all the bad reviews I was not looking forward to spending two weeks there!

BUT....
We arrived at 5am in the morning, were greeted by the reps and security guard and shown to our to room, which was on the ground floor.
The room was basic but I expected that and wasn't planing on spending anytime in there, after all I never came to spend time in my room.
The only thing I could rate it down was because of the bathroom, it wasn't the best but we got use to it.

Later that morning we went to the pool/bar area, and was very surprised. It was beautiful and the pool was clean and well maintained, there was no rush for sunbeds either! Plenty for everyone! The bar was also very reasonably priced, cocktails were lush, and if you were lucky Christos even gave you free drinks!

The family that run the hotel were lovely, and treated you like part of the family, you felt very safe there. The grounds of a night are patrolled buy security, Arris the security guard spotted you as soon as you approached asking how everything was and if we had good nights etc.

How ever I would recommend to NEVER walk alone back and forward to the hotel of a night as alot of the surrounding hotels are Serbian and Croatian and some of them are very intimidating, we use to walk down t the strip and back with lots of people which was no problem :)

The strip was about 10 minutes walk and was very easy to get there and the beach (which isn't
the nicest) is around 5 minutes walk.

All in all Zante was brilliant and the hotel added to it! would definitely go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are fine but make sure you get Air Con and take plenty Mosquito spray!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becky B
Reviewed August 16, 2013

just come back from staying for 7 nights...personally I wouldn't stay there ever again... the pool / bar area is nice n clean although pool isn't the biggest one ive stayed at... rooms are ridiculous however... the bathroom is tiny the shower is basicly a tiny square just big enough to stand in which is handheld and floods the bathroom. Towels and bedding did not get changed once... and the lock on our door did not work throughout the week, told owner and he said its fine as they will keep a look out and made a hand gesture of punching if anyone attempted it, but made no attempt of fixing it. definitely worst hotel stayed at!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sammy G
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were so worried about staying here having read previous reviews but there is absolutely NOTHING to be worried about!
Pool area and bar is great, the atmosphere is brilliant and staff are so friendly as long as you are!
We did have a few experiences with the security guard but we were informed that he'd been removed and replaced and we had no problems at all after that.
It is the perfect distance from the strip as looking at some hotels on the actual strip there seemed to be no privacy. Anyone who says it took them 10 minutes to walk to the strip must have been walking at a snails pace. Far enough away to not be bothered by the strip but close enough to easily walk. We were a group of girls and had no problems walking to and from and it is well lit. If you really are that bothered then just run! (Not that you need to)
Your money is perfectly safe in the safe provided so dont bother keeping it in your rooms.
Rooms are basic, yes, but what do you expect really? They are clean and there is a bed and bathroom what more do you need. If you are going to spend a lot of time in your room then you may aswell have not gone on holiday in the first place. Never bothered using the kitchen, mainly ate at the pool bar, cheap, quick and nice. Also balcony was good, you'll meet a lot of people on them.
Don't really know what else to say apart from would love to go to laganas again and I would stay nowhere else but Christina!
Have a good holiday and stop worrying!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Ls19420
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Callinica Hotel & Apartments
Corali Beach
Corali Beach
#26 of 49 in Tsilivi
Two Brothers Tsilivi Zakynthos

Been to Christina Apartments? Share your experiences!