“It's what you make it.”

and 1 more site!
Tassia Studios
“It's what you make it.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here last week with one other girl, our ages 18 and 20. We booked pretty last minute and read these reviews the night before we left and it's safe to say we were terrified of what we were gettingg ourselves into.

Despite this, i thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Kostas and his family simply demand respect for their home! If you want a holiday where you can purposely go and trash the hotel room and vandalise god knows what, then simply do not book tassia studios. The only downside for us was the distance from the strip. However it is 6 euros in a taxi and Kostas will phone this for you every night. He will advise you that taking your phones with you is not the safest thing and he was a genuinly caring man.

They do not allow things such as bringing people from other hotels back but this is to ensure the security of everybody staying there. We did make some friends who were in the hotel and he is not bothered by this.

The pool is quite small, but it isnt an overrun hotel and so there are always free sunbeds and plenty of room in the pool, and some afternoons i even had the entire pool to myself.

At the end of the day, its perfect to relaxing during the day and being able to go mad at night.

If you respect Kostas, he is lovely to you.

I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank bekrae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just got back from the beautiful Tassia Studios with my three friends (ranging from 18-21) , and couldn't fault it! Kostas was the perfect host who couldn't do enough for you. We were all made to feel right at home, and every need we had was catered for. The whole family contributed to making a very enjoyable holiday. The rooms were always clean, basic but this is to be expected in Greece. The only downfall was the location, WHICH WAS NO FAULT TO KOSTAS, however this could be seen as a positive as it was in a more relaxing area for the day time. A taxi was only 6 euros, which Kostas kindly phoned for us every night, on occassion we would walk down and stop off at bars. On one night Kostas made us one of his 'special cocktails' which he gave us free of charge to ensure we went out with a bang on our last night! Ignore the comments about music not being allowed in the rooms as we played our every night and had no problems. Food was cheap, to a great standard and they would make you anything you wanted. Big thanks and love to all of the family. All in all TOP NOTCH!!!! We would deffo return and recommend to all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Awful experience overall, we went as a group of four lads earlier in July 13. On arrival we were given a ten minute set of instructions on what we could and couldn't do, which sounded ridiculously strict. Carried on the holiday and tried to enjoy it, however Costas (the owner) was constantly on our backs for stuff like talking in the corridors. I was eventually made to move rooms for having girls in my room for predrinks, even though we were practically whispering. Honestly guys I had to sneak around the place, it felt like I was trying to escape prison at some points, not what I expected at all. So if you're below the age of 80 and like to communicate with others at some point whilst inside the confines of the hotel don't stay here. NOT FOR YOUNGSTERS. rant over.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are like cells
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Don't know why everyone slates Kostas and says its a terrible place! I went last summer with 3 of my friends, we were all 20! Fair enough he can be strict, but Kostas cannot do enough for you! He went and bought us Irn Bru because we're Scottish and his mum Tassia made anything we wantes for breakfast lunch and dinner! He got angry one day with us because we took the piss and had a water fight but thats fair enough! He was a lovely man and I would defos go back! The only down fall was the distance from the strip, althoigh Kostas phoned us and the other young ones that were there a taxi every night which only cost 6 euros! Amazing man and would love to stay here again! x

• Stayed August 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Not sure where to start here.From the minute we arrived we were read the right act,what you can and can't do.........there may aswell have been a great list up on entering!!The hotel is actually quite nice,it took us 30 minutes to reach the strip for bars and restaurants so we hired quads.Snotty Kostas(the owner) told us to dismount the quads outside the hotel and push them in,hilarious!!No drinks(in plastic cups) allowed to close to the pool,no going into other guests rooms,no playing music on your balconies(that you can hear anyway).He sits there all day on a raised platform casting his beady little eyes across the hotel.Overpriced food and drinks too,if you want a holiday where you can relax and not be watched 24/7 then do not waste your time stopping here!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Davecorney
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE.

I'll begin by saying that I am not usually the type of person to make any kind of complaint if I feel it to be unnecessary rather that constructive. Though parts of my experience at Tassia Studios were enjoyable I honestly feel the majority of my stay was tarnished by events that in some instances could of been avoided or at least dealt with better by the owner.

Both me and my friend( both 20 years old) chose Tassia as it was located on the outskirts of Laganas and we wanted to divulge in both the clubbing aspect of the resort and the day trips/historic side. It's fair to say from the beginning we were apprehensive but we decided to keep open minds and make the most of whatever situation we found ourselves in.

Kostas (the owner) and his family can not in anyway be faulted as people, they are polite, approachable and clearly love their job as hotel hosts. However, as the two week holiday progressed I and many other guests began to see cracks in customer service and the general way altercations were dealt with.

My personal experience was admittedly very unlucky and cannot be fully blamed on the hotel or staff. On my 11th night staying at the hotel, whilst my I add, me and my friend were sleeping in the room, someone entered and managed to steal valuables including a blackberry smartphone, camera, a watch and euros.. The next day we woke to find our belongings had disappeared and as you can imagine we were very distressed. After going to reception and telling Kostas we found other people had experienced the same thing and were also extremely concerned.
The way the situation was handled I felt was appalling.

1. The Police were not contacted straight away, we had to wait until around 7pm even though we discovered the incident at 9am!
2. The hotel did NOTHING to console us, everyone involved acted as if that day was like any other
3. When the THOMAS COOK REPS finally arrived they were completely unhelpful and showed little interest in helping us sort out flights out and settle us down.
4. When in my frustration I asked to speak to a higher representative for the company I was made to feel guilty, unwelcome and as if I should be lucky I wasn't hurt. When to be honest that wasn't the point at all.
5. NOTHING was done in terms of rectifying the hotel rooms, any extra help given for calming us down or generally just having some kind of formal meeting with all guests to warn them and address the issue as a collective.

I am utterly disgusted in both the Thomas Cook Reps for their outstanding lack of carelessness and frankly I believe their attitudes left much more to be desired. Their job is to offer support and guidance for guests and in similar situations they SHOULD be required to offer assistance and comfort.

As far as the hotel is concerned, there is no real security apart from Kostas and his 80 year old father who as much as he might try is in no way capable of stopping any thieff, burglar or unwelcome guest.

I will NOT be staying here again and I advise anyone who wants to have an enjoyable holiday and feel SAFE in their hotel environment to steer clear of this accommodation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank DanniPreston
Hull, East yorkshire, England
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

completely shocking service! Rude and obnoxious!! We stayed here for 7 weeks and on our 2nd last night were kicked out the hotel for being in someone elses room! We stayed here last year and highly rated it then however we were mistreated along with 10 other guests who were treated the same. Shoddy, food is over priced and are small portions. Drinks are expensive also. You are not allowed to mingle in other guests rooms, not allowed to sit on your balcony without being accused of spying on the owner and his dad. luckily we found an apartment of our own so we can chill on our balcony without being shouted at! Definitely not for young people :(

Like I said stay here if you are slightly deranged and like being taken for mug!!

• Stayed May 2013