All reviews serviced daily flight path a small family run hotel hard boiled eggs perfect base lovely holiday changed every day min walk fresh fruit pool area is bus stop bedding honey cereal cons towels airport
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

The sights/things-to-do in Santorini are quite spread out across the island so renting a car is a good idea. The family that run the hotel were very helpful in arranging this and we had a car dropped off at the hotel within 10 mins of asking! There's also a scooter/ATV rental a 2 min walk from the hotel which we used and was very good. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the room and hotel in general is very clean and presentable. The rooms are a little dated looking but it's functional and the air con is excellent with the scorching weather. Breakfast is a little limited, theres not much to choose from. Overall the hotel was food value for money and it's a nice place to stay. If we were to come back we'd consider staying here again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We absolutely loved this family run hotel. The whole hotel was exceptionally clean with fresh bedding and towels everyday. Breakfast was simple but fresh and plentiful. Pool area with jacuzzi was lovely with plenty of sun beds and umbrellas with snacks and drinks available. 2 mins walk from bus stop to Fira ( capital of the island). But above all was the friendly red and unfailing helpfulness of the staff? Only slight drawback was smallish shower cubicle but no big issue. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Our room had balcony with views to sea and local houses
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2018

ditto to everything in the last review really we arrived a 1.30am and was greeted buy a charming old guy who showed us quitely to our room the next day we saw the hotel properly absolutely spotless all the staff are family and charming lovely pool area not very big we went to the beach most days as the pool was busy the rooms were cosy comfy bed flat screen tv on the wall only prob was the shower im 6ft 7in the shower was tiny impossible to keep the floor dry but a lot of greek rooms are the same I don't think anybody has mentioned this the hotel is very near the airport so is a lot of aircraft noise hope it doesn't put people coming to this lovely hotel it didn't spoil our stay

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2018

I wish I had left this review sooner, so that the memories would still be fresh. I normally don't leave reviews but feel I have to for this place.

We went to Santorini for our honeymoon and stayed in the hotel between 17th-24th of May. Upon arrival we found a personal note from the Alkyon family wising us a pleasant stay and a good honeymoon along with a curiosity bottle of wine from a local vineyard.

The hotel is extremely clean and well built, rooms are cleaned every day in great detail, you won't find a spot of dirt/dust after the cleaners have been. The breakfast contains a decent variety and just the right sort of food to keep you full for the morning but still active.

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you.

The hotel is also in great location and 5mins walk from Kamari Beech, were you can go out to eat, we only spent one night eating in Kamari Beech, the other nights we ate in Fira and Oia, which you can get to on a quad or by car, both of which you can hire from Kamari Beech.

Please do not be put off by the 2 star rating for this hotel, as you actually receive 5 star cleanness and service. I think the only reason the hotel is a 2 star is due to its size, because it is a small hotel, with a single pool, if it had more facilities and was a bigger hotel I am sure it would have more stars, but I hope the hotel stays just way it is, because if it was any bigger it wouldn't be a nice intimate place, as you don't go to Santorini to stay in your hotel/resort, you go to Santorini to go explore the breath taking views and taste the amazing food.

The only thing that lets the hotel down is the bathroom is quite dated, but everything works as it should and is really clean.

Ps…. I hope it remains a family run business, because that’s what makes it special!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pritom R
Reviewed September 23, 2017

I stayed with my parents (who are in their 80s) for 5 days at Alkyon hotel, and from the moment we arrived we were treated with utmost hospitality and friendliness. All our enquiries were answered patiently, further assistance was suggested about things we had not even thought of (like, calling a boat company about an excursion to ask how steep climbing on the volcano will be, I was concerned about my mom...), and I have to say that breakfast offered all necessary choices with added politeness and care on behalf of the hotel owners...I read some reviews about the breakfast being too modest and basic... Why are we always so concerned about stuffing ourselves?.... and then things go to waste in the end, when not consumed. So, breakfast included everything one usually eats in the morning: cereals, coffee, tea, juices, 2 types of bread, jams, honey, yogurt, croissants, eggs, cheese, salami, ham, pastries.... why complain?... Rooms were despicably clean (and despicably cleaned every day), there is a swimming pool of you are lazy to go to the beach, nice and quite view.... I felt like a family member not a hotel guest, thank you pedia :)!

Date of stay: September 2017