Tripadvisor
Kamari
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews serviced daily flight path a small family run hotel hard boiled eggs perfect base lovely holiday changed every day min walk fresh fruit pool area is bus stop bedding honey cereal cons towels airport
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2018

ditto to everything in the last review really we arrived a 1.30am and was greeted buy a charming old guy who showed us quitely to our room the next day we saw the hotel properly absolutely spotless all the staff are family and charming lovely pool area not very big we went to the beach most days as the pool was busy the rooms were cosy comfy bed flat screen tv on the wall only prob was the shower im 6ft 7in the shower was tiny impossible to keep the floor dry but a lot of greek rooms are the same I don't think anybody has mentioned this the hotel is very near the airport so is a lot of aircraft noise hope it doesn't put people coming to this lovely hotel it didn't spoil our stay

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2018

I wish I had left this review sooner, so that the memories would still be fresh. I normally don't leave reviews but feel I have to for this place.

We went to Santorini for our honeymoon and stayed in the hotel between 17th-24th of May. Upon arrival we found a personal note from the Alkyon family wising us a pleasant stay and a good honeymoon along with a curiosity bottle of wine from a local vineyard.

The hotel is extremely clean and well built, rooms are cleaned every day in great detail, you won't find a spot of dirt/dust after the cleaners have been. The breakfast contains a decent variety and just the right sort of food to keep you full for the morning but still active.

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you.

The hotel is also in great location and 5mins walk from Kamari Beech, were you can go out to eat, we only spent one night eating in Kamari Beech, the other nights we ate in Fira and Oia, which you can get to on a quad or by car, both of which you can hire from Kamari Beech.

Please do not be put off by the 2 star rating for this hotel, as you actually receive 5 star cleanness and service. I think the only reason the hotel is a 2 star is due to its size, because it is a small hotel, with a single pool, if it had more facilities and was a bigger hotel I am sure it would have more stars, but I hope the hotel stays just way it is, because if it was any bigger it wouldn't be a nice intimate place, as you don't go to Santorini to stay in your hotel/resort, you go to Santorini to go explore the breath taking views and taste the amazing food.

The only thing that lets the hotel down is the bathroom is quite dated, but everything works as it should and is really clean.

Ps…. I hope it remains a family run business, because that’s what makes it special!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pritom R
Reviewed September 23, 2017

I stayed with my parents (who are in their 80s) for 5 days at Alkyon hotel, and from the moment we arrived we were treated with utmost hospitality and friendliness. All our enquiries were answered patiently, further assistance was suggested about things we had not even thought of (like, calling a boat company about an excursion to ask how steep climbing on the volcano will be, I was concerned about my mom...), and I have to say that breakfast offered all necessary choices with added politeness and care on behalf of the hotel owners...I read some reviews about the breakfast being too modest and basic... Why are we always so concerned about stuffing ourselves?.... and then things go to waste in the end, when not consumed. So, breakfast included everything one usually eats in the morning: cereals, coffee, tea, juices, 2 types of bread, jams, honey, yogurt, croissants, eggs, cheese, salami, ham, pastries.... why complain?... Rooms were despicably clean (and despicably cleaned every day), there is a swimming pool of you are lazy to go to the beach, nice and quite view.... I felt like a family member not a hotel guest, thank you pedia :)!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Albena H
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

it's a lovely family run hotel with ever member of the family polite and helpful. The hotel was very clean with a basic breakfast which could be varied but very nice. the beach and restaurants are 10 mins away. for the week it cost us £350 for week for a nice room. it Cost €20 for cab from airport. They organised a cab to take us from airport and a hire care and couldn't do enough to help. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Graham K
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

First time in santorini..We are staying in crete and went for a few days stayed 1 day in this hotel..Rule number 1 of having a business if you want to say something about your customers make sure they dont know the lanuage!!..Arrived late afternoon the receptionist welcomed us and proceed to make a phone call to the boss maybe.."The boss asked what kind of customers are they" She replied Nothing special" my husband is greek and ive lived 25 yrs in greece and im fluent greek..What a joke!! I have my own hotel in another island and we treat every customer the same everyone is special that comes through our doors!..Ive never been so insulted!! ASK our 5 children and our long time staff how special we are!!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joanne M
Maria N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Alkyon, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor following your stay in our family hotel.
We are truly sorry that you misunderstood the content of the phone call. It is impossible to know nor who was on the phone and talked to the receptionist , nor what exactly he asked or said , while you overhear a phone conversation. The answer of the receptionist ‘’Nothing special’’ was referring to the question if you had any kind of special requests (for example double bed, pool view etc). Your 1day reservation had nothing like that, according to the document sent by the office we cooperate.
We kindly remind you that the receptionist never addressed to you personally with rudeness or coarseness and all the hotel staff was devoted at your service whenever you asked for it (for example transfer, bar beverages, breakfast etc).
In any case, it is a pity that you stayed with us less than 24 hours, so you did not have the time to know us better and feel the family atmosphere we provide to our guests.
We really hope you will give us another chance to prove that we deserve our overall standings.
Maria Nomikou.