Tripadvisor
Kamari
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews serviced daily flight path a small family run hotel hard boiled eggs perfect base lovely holiday changed every day min walk fresh fruit pool area is bus stop bedding honey cereal cons towels airport
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2017

I stayed with my parents (who are in their 80s) for 5 days at Alkyon hotel, and from the moment we arrived we were treated with utmost hospitality and friendliness. All our enquiries were answered patiently, further assistance was suggested about things we had not even thought of (like, calling a boat company about an excursion to ask how steep climbing on the volcano will be, I was concerned about my mom...), and I have to say that breakfast offered all necessary choices with added politeness and care on behalf of the hotel owners...I read some reviews about the breakfast being too modest and basic... Why are we always so concerned about stuffing ourselves?.... and then things go to waste in the end, when not consumed. So, breakfast included everything one usually eats in the morning: cereals, coffee, tea, juices, 2 types of bread, jams, honey, yogurt, croissants, eggs, cheese, salami, ham, pastries.... why complain?... Rooms were despicably clean (and despicably cleaned every day), there is a swimming pool of you are lazy to go to the beach, nice and quite view.... I felt like a family member not a hotel guest, thank you pedia :)!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Albena H
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

it's a lovely family run hotel with ever member of the family polite and helpful. The hotel was very clean with a basic breakfast which could be varied but very nice. the beach and restaurants are 10 mins away. for the week it cost us £350 for week for a nice room. it Cost €20 for cab from airport. They organised a cab to take us from airport and a hire care and couldn't do enough to help. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Graham K
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

First time in santorini..We are staying in crete and went for a few days stayed 1 day in this hotel..Rule number 1 of having a business if you want to say something about your customers make sure they dont know the lanuage!!..Arrived late afternoon the receptionist welcomed us and proceed to make a phone call to the boss maybe.."The boss asked what kind of customers are they" She replied Nothing special" my husband is greek and ive lived 25 yrs in greece and im fluent greek..What a joke!! I have my own hotel in another island and we treat every customer the same everyone is special that comes through our doors!..Ive never been so insulted!! ASK our 5 children and our long time staff how special we are!!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joanne M
Maria N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Alkyon, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor following your stay in our family hotel.
We are truly sorry that you misunderstood the content of the phone call. It is impossible to know nor who was on the phone and talked to the receptionist , nor what exactly he asked or said , while you overhear a phone conversation. The answer of the receptionist ‘’Nothing special’’ was referring to the question if you had any kind of special requests (for example double bed, pool view etc). Your 1day reservation had nothing like that, according to the document sent by the office we cooperate.
We kindly remind you that the receptionist never addressed to you personally with rudeness or coarseness and all the hotel staff was devoted at your service whenever you asked for it (for example transfer, bar beverages, breakfast etc).
In any case, it is a pity that you stayed with us less than 24 hours, so you did not have the time to know us better and feel the family atmosphere we provide to our guests.
We really hope you will give us another chance to prove that we deserve our overall standings.
Maria Nomikou.

Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

Easily, it depends what you need and want... The hotel is located in very very quiet surroundings of Kamari, cca 10 min walking distance from the beach/centre. The room we had was very spacious, comfortable and clean with the balcony to the seaside (Nr. 14). Cleaning of our room was done every day, which seems to be maybe too much, but o. k.. Breakfasts are very basic, but you won't be hungry for sure. Advantage is a fridge in the room and clean pool. You can also have a meal in the restaurant over the street. Owners are always nice! :-)

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank martina r
Reviewed September 27, 2014

I've just arrived back from Kamari today after 2 wonderful weeks at a lovely hotel called "Alkyon Hotel"! The hotel is run by an adoreable family. You don't feel like you are staying in a hotel, but their home. Don't get me wrong it is their business, but I think from their point of view they treat people as they themselves would like to be treated. So from the welcome at the desk on arrival, to the immaculately cleaned rooms, to the friendly good mornings at the abundant breakfast table, to the bar service whether they are on duty or not...you won't find a more service minded family! Loved the pool, and my room with a balcony overlooking the sea. And boy do they make generous and delicious banana splits....The towels, soaps and glasses are new every day. Sheets every 3rd day. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. It's not a rowdy place, and it felt very safe walking back to the hotel from the beach at night! I made friends with a Norwegian couple on the flight to Kamari, they were also on the flight going back to Norway. I always write a diary, and add the pictures I take while on holiday. Inger and Sven were so blown away by the hotel that they plan to look up the hotel when they get home for a future holiday! I know I will be back. Highly reccommend it!

Date of stay: September 2014