All reviews serviced daily flight path a small family run hotel hard boiled eggs perfect base lovely holiday changed every day min walk fresh fruit pool area is bus stop bedding honey cereal cons towels airport
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Read the reviews on Alkyon Hotel and to be honest I can't fault the good ones. It is a small family run hotel, very clean and the family that run it are lovely. The rooms were cleaned every day, with clean linen also. The rooms are basic but then again they nearly always are in Greece. Can't fault the a/c unit, infact I had to turn it down at night because I was cold!
The hotel is a 10 mins slow walk out of Kamari (which we didn't mind, as you need some exercise on holiday), there is a taverna opposite Dimitiris, if you want more than a snack from the pool bar and apparently the Greek night on Fridays/Sundays is quite good. Also there is a local beach about 5 mins walk in the opposite direction to Kamari, again with a restaurant that serves good souvlaki. All in all good value for money, if you want something plusher then get your card out!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank pauljhalliwe
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our first visit to Santorini and hotel Alkyon. This is simple clean and nice hotel. No fuss about nightclub or such. Friendly staff and atmosphere overall. Kids liked pool and big plus was that you could order food to the pool. Greek salad and club sandwiches - recommended. Rooms were cleaned every day and to us that was perhaps even too often but then again they were always nice and tidy. I can recommend this hotel to all who are not too keen on night activities. If you are not afraid of little walk to the Kamari center or to the beach (both are actually quite near) then this is ok for you too. Airport is quite near and planes landed and took off quite near but they did not disturb at night time. At least not us.

Room tip: Take the room from back side of hotel. Then the evening sun heating the room. Well this is also quite matter of taste.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank JuKa72
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is ok if you are travelling on a budget. This hotel is situated a short walking distance away from the center/beach. It is not far, but it is a disadvantage compared to the other hotels in kamari. There was a lot of crockroachers in the room, I think we had to throw out 4 of them during our 7 nights stay. Simple breakfast. The room could have been cleaner. Wouldnt recommend it, there are many other good hotels in Kamari.

Date of stay: May 2013
2  Thank Bendikte
Maria N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Alkyon, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for your time ! Please pay attention to the followings : The hotel is within 5-8 minutes from the beach on foot. It is situated in the country and therefore if you find something in surroundings of the hotel is part of nature . Moreover fumigation controls are performed every year based on governmental laws and regulations. We hold the certification to verify the above . Based on Apollo critics about cleaning we are classified as excellent . We hold those critics too.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I cannot really fault this hotel, customer service was great and it was clean and comfortable yet I was still underwhelmed by the experience there. This was one of the most expensive hotels we stayed in on our Europe trip and so we had high expectations. We had a balcony which could have been furnished a lot better and made a little more appealing. Although we could see the sea in the distance, our main outlook was a large unattractive stone terrace and a main road on the other side. It was also very noisy. The pathway to the town was steep, rough and dirty and one I would not like to venture on my own at night. On a positive note the pool area was beautiful and Chris the barman was very friendly and provided a great service.

Room tip: I would request a room away from the road and not on the ground floor so as the balcony was a little more private.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was really positively surprised by this family run hotel, and the super friendly people that are running it.
They wholeheartedly do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable and cater to your every needs.
The hotel itself is flawless, very clean, spacious, beautiful. The hotel staff came to pick us up from the airport and took us back to the airport and never once lost their smile.
Breakfast was fantastic as well, overlooking the town of Mykonos with a stunning view of the sea.
I recommend this place and I will certainly go back myself.

Date of stay: May 2012