“Beautiful Santorini - friendly guide”
Review of Santorini Experts

Santorini Experts
Book In Advance
More Info
$112.71*
and up
Santorini Gourmet Private Tour with Cooking Class...
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Kamari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed February 15, 2015

We used SantoriniExperts as our private guide in October 2015. Our guide was Kathrin, who was friendly, informative and knowledgeable. She showed us around most of Santorini, and was able to answer all of our question. Book SantoriniExperts if you are into good service!

1  Thank Bertago
Kathrin V, Owner at Santorini Experts, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2015

Thank you very much Bertago for your kind words. What a nice surprise for me! It was an honor for SantoriniExperts to have met you. I also had a great time with you.
All the best to you and your family members!

All reviews
"knew his stuff"
"mediterranean cruise"
"visited oia"

Reviewed January 20, 2015

My wife and I were lucky to travel with Kathrin on a 6-hour customised first impression tour. I found her through Trip Advisor and sent her my basic requests. Our interest was to explore some hidden spots (with few people) for good photos. She responded very quickly with a thoughtful plan.

Kathrin is a gentle and knowledgable guide. On the day, she drove us around the island and showed us many places including some famous tourism spots as well as some hidden places but with either interesting stories or amazing views. We were also told about the history, geography, biology, and lots of interesting aspects of the island. You would not never get bored during the trip. We were also offered a good wine-tasting activity at the end of it.

We are very satisfied with her trip plan and we really enjoyed the whole day. She's definitely a expert of Santorini and I would highly recommend my friends to travel with her in the island.

3  Thank Zangwill
Kathrin V, Owner at Santorini Experts, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2015

Dear Zangwill,

it took me a while to get back to you, but I take now the opportunity to thank you and your wife for the great day we spent together in Santorini. I hope we will meet each other again, sometime in the future either in Santorini or why not in Beijing. So, it will be tour turn to guide me around your city!
My warmest greetings to your wife!

Reviewed November 25, 2014

We spent the day touring the beautiful Santorini island of Thíra with Kathrin of Santorini Experts. We’d contacted Kathrin after finding her company on Trip Advisor. All the reviews were glowing – we were not disappointed. We’d indicated to Kathrin that we wanted to do something a little different – off the beaten path per se. She met us as we disembarked from the cable car. We first went to the famous little church with the brilliant blue dome in Firostefáni that is so photographed (the must do “we were here” photograph opportunity), then off to Oia. Being in a small group (only the 2 of us) with a Santorini “insider” allowed us to get there before the tour buses, park away from the maddening crowds and spend a little time wandering the amazingly beautiful paths. She then took us a number of amazing places around the island: the Santorini Akrotiri Lighthouse, the red beach, Monastery of Prophitis Ilias… All along she was providing information and insights about Santorini, life on Santorini, etc. Because of her “insider information”, we were privileged to visit a private family chapel, enjoy some amazing food at The Good Heart in Akrotíri and stop whenever we saw something we were interested in. At the end
of our wonderful afternoon, she dropped us in Firostefáni so we could walk along the cliff path back to Firá and the pier. We hired several private guides throughout our Mediterranean tour; Kathrin was one of the best. She provided just the right amount of information – seemed able to sense our interest level /style - while very knowledgeable and informative, we didn't feel like she was just giving us a “guidebook download”. While we enjoyed all of our tours, Kathrin’s really matched our style/interests nicely - it was perfect. [Thank you again Kathrin!] We highly recommend Kathrin & would definitely hire her again!

4  Thank lovedoxies

My dear friends!

Thank you - thank you - thank you!! It was one of my most memorable tours this season. We try hard as SantoriniExperts to live up the expectations of our guests. What a glowing review! I am really very satisfied that you had such a great time with me. Stay healthy and keep smiling like you did in Santorini!
All the best to you and your family members!

Reviewed November 15, 2014

Thank you to Kathrin our wonderful guide on a small group tour on Thirassia. She couldn't have been be helpful, welcoming, friendly and informative. From the donkey ride up to Manolas, the hike to Akrilia (a hidden, abandoned cave village) and the fabulous church to the meal and wine at the end, it was all superb, a very special day that I will never forget.

2  Thank Kathryn B

Kate wanted to thank you once more for this nice review! We will stay in touch and might see each other again in the near future!
Keep traveling and smiling!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 8, 2014

On Oct 8, George took my husband and myself on a private tour of the island. It was perfect. He showed us so many things that the cruise tours did not offer. He was very professional and very friendly. It was our first stop on our cruise and he did an excellent job. He even took us to Santo Winery where we sampled some of their wines. The wines were so wonderful that we even bought 3 bottles to take home with us. Please tell George that we loved having him for our driver and wish him the best.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Cruzrgrl

We are very pleased to get back to you after reading this wonderful review about George. He was very happy and sends you his warmest greek smile!!
SantoriniExperts want to thank you once more for the time you spent together with George. We are very satisfied that we met your expectations. You always welcome to get back to us!