“Wish we had had our beach wedding here...the staff are amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Side Beach Hotel

Sea Side Beach Hotel
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Kamari
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wish we had had our beach wedding here...the staff are amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

We recently visited Santorini for a family wedding and we had all booked into different hotels around Kamari. Of the hotels that we stayed in, the Sea Side Hotel was without a doubt our favourite.
Upon arrival, after a 5 hour delay, the guy from my hotel had not turned up to collect me and my 1 year old daughter. The driver from the Sea Side insisted on seeing us back to our hotel also and refused to allow us to wait after ringing and finding out that we would have a wait in the dark to look forward to.
The staff were very hospitable and friendly and did not distinguish between the guests that were booked in there and the rest of us. They were helpful, professional and friendly an dnothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms and communcal areas are kept very clean and looked beautiful on the wedding pictures (which they let us take around the pool area despite the bride and groom no being booked in there). My daughter celebrated her first birthday whilst we were there and they all made a point of seeking us and and wishing her happy birthday. They made us feel very welcome and I cannot speak too highly of our experience of them.
When we told them we were there for a wedding, they asked if we had booked something as they could easily accomodate us. Of course we had already booked but in hindsight I wish we had booked the wedding through the Sea Side Hotel.
We had booked a BBQ on the beach for the wedding meal but there was some confusion with the bridal suite as well as the meal booking which they seemed to have lost the details of (despite us having piad a sizeable deposit, we had the emails with us confirming all the details). The place that we booked did sort everything and the meal and service were fantastic but I cannot help but think that we would have had a much less stressful time had we just booked through the SeaSide hotel in the first place. We did not have a BBQ in the traditional sense, it was more of a sit down grill dinner served at the table, something which many of the hotels in Kamari serve regularly but priced up due to it being a wedding dinner. The owner lives on site during the holiday season with his family and would be on hand to deal with any queries or concerns. They would have taken a very proactive approach to making sure everything met with our expectations and that we all had the wedding of our dreams in the beach. They have previously catered for weddings, it is just a shame that it was not clear on their website or a higher hit on google as this would have been ideal. We did eat the mixed grill at the Sea Side Restaurant and found it to be delicious and half the price of the wedding meal we had pre-booked.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and hope to be returning to this hotel with my husband in the near future as he missed the holiday due to work commitments.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

I stayed in the Seaside Beach hotel, Kamari in July and had a wonderful time. Manus and his family were very friendly and it felt like home from home. The hotel was kept immaculate and the restaurant food was excellent. I would certainly recommend you stay here when visiting Kamari. I certainly hope to visit again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

Hi,
We came over from Australia for the wedding also; you may have read the other reveiws and we had a great holiday here aswell !! -
Rooms were comfortable with air-con.
Pool was clean!!
Food was great!!
Staff were friendly and relaxed..
Location was great- everything within walkin distance.
The flight path is the only thing that may concern some but we all dealt with it.
Santorinni is just beutiful...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

This was our second visit to Seaside after choosing it for our 2 week holiday in June 2009. We originally chose the new apartment at the back of the hotel from reading the Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Please refer back to our review and pics of July 2009. To be honest there is not much more we can say about our second visit which was broken into two separate stays of 4 and 3 nights because we spent 5 nights on Ios Island (separate review for Island House, Mylopotas beach). This is because we received the same exceptional friendly service and high standards of customer care. Manos, George, Nick and their staff really are the best and nothing is too much trouble and you really do feel like you are part of the family when you stay at Seaside. The apartments and hotel grounds are spotlessly clean with beautiful flowering plants everywhere. Communication with Manos since January when we booked to the day of arrival was smooth and efficient as was our pick up from the airport and return to it with George at the wheel (what a darling he is!).
When we were temporarily leaving Seaside to go to Ios Manos arranged our transport to and from the ferry port (if you have used the ferry port you will know how chaotic it can be trying to find transport). When we arrived back in Kamari for the final part of our holiday it was like “coming home” and we started our second stay with a lovely meal in Seaside’s beachfront restaurant in the evening. If you are reading this and have already booked your stay in Kamari/Santorini this year do go and check out the hotel as I am sure Manos would be more than happy to show you around.
The hotel is at the quieter end of the resort but is situated a stone throw from the beach. There are a couple of well stocked minimarkets a few steps away but you are also only a few minutes stroll from all the other bars and restaurants of which there are many.
We will definitely stop over at Seaside again in the future as we will not find anywhere else in Kamari that can top this place plus we want to see our friends again. The hotel truly does deserve the number 1 rating.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keeley_Devon-UK
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

Having Travelled the world and staying in many hotels, This has to be one of the best ever. From the moment we (36 of us, ranging in ages) arrived at the airport, We were meeted by Manos and George, who got us back to the hotel and in our rooms in no time at all.After a very long night this was much needed.

The rooms were immaculate, and cleaned every day. All Air conditioned and with it getting as hot as it does, some days it was nice to pop in too cool down before going out for the evening.

The first night we all decided to eat at the restaurant, The food was amazing, better than most of the other places we tried, so i found myself eating there most of the time.
Prices in the bar and restaurant were reasonable.

It was My birthday on our last day there, and they bought me a little cake with sparklers, cream and chocolate sauce, yum yum. Its little touches like this that can make somewhere extra special.

As you probably read below my friend needed a doctor, and this was done with no fuss at all by Manos, so Much so I didnt even know she was ill untill the evening,

I have been home 2 weeks now, and its depressing!! Seaside was really a little ray of sunshine, Im not sure if i would go anywhere else now i have found this little Gem!!
Would I reccommend this Hotel??
Absolutely

• Stayed June 2010
Scouser in Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

With family and friends nudging 35 people we stayed at the Seaside Beach hotel in Kamari. Our purpose of the visit was to celebrate the wedding of our daughter Susan in Santorini. On arrival and as an earlier review says we were treated like kings and queens the holel is owned and run by a wonderful and accomadating Greek family Papa George, Manos, Nicos and Nik that made the holiday one of the best I ever remember having!! They are the most hospitable people you will ever meet... Again as already mentioned the food and the service from the restaurant was the best. The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily. These people deserve to be full week in week out of the summer season. Excellent value and you wont be disappointed. I have to mention what made this visit and meeting Manos very special. The day after her wedding unfortunately Susan came down with acute tonsillitus she was unable to get out of her bed for 3 days. As soon as I told Manos how sick she was, he immediately jumped on his moped and got a doctor to visit her. We do worry about getting ill when on holiday but he was so caring and made sure we had the comfort of knowing that Sue was going to be looked after. I asked Manos what food he could suggest her having maybe a noodle dish or something gentle on her throat he made a couple of suggestions one being his family Chicken soup and thats what he made especially for Sue. Now thats the type of people you will have the pleasure of meeting should you decide to go to the Seaside Beach hotel. Absolutely wonderful...........

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Portsmouth, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

39 of us travelled to Santorini 3 weeks ago (of which 36 of us stayed at the Seaside) for my and my now-husband's wedding, and it was without a doubt one of the best holidays we've ever had!

I had been recommended the Seaside, run by George and his 2 sons, Manos and Nikos, by another Santorini bride from the previous year, and after contacting Manos via email, and getting an excellent rate, we decided to book. It was quite a big responsibility booking one place for that many people, but I never regretted it for a second.

In the year that I was emailing Manos (read bugging Manos lol) I got nothing but quick, helpful responses, always the same day.

On arrival, we had some issues with the rooms, owing to miscommunication on my part with other guests, but again, Manos did everything he could possibly do until everybody was satisfied.

During the first week of the holiday, guests had to go to the bar area to access the wi-fi, but once this was picked up by Manos, he relocated the router to make sure it could be accessed around the pool area and in most rooms!

The bar is managed by Nikos, who, like his brother, was really friendly and couldn't do enough for you - one of my guests preferred drink is Guinness, and after an unsuccessful hunt, Nikos ordered it in especially for her! Prices were pretty reasonable too, a carafe of house wine (and nice house wine at that) is €4.

We can also thoroughly recommend the restaurant too, the food is excellent, George's nephew Nik is one of the waiters, and like the rest of the family, is a really nice guy. Many of our guests ate there time and time again - the lamb kleftiko and chicken salad were my personal faves!

The breakfast was great, really good by Greek standards. The normal breakfast is bread, boiled eggs, ham, salami, cheese, Nutella, yogurt, tinned fruit, cake, cereals, juice and freshly brewed coffee. During the first week, being a predominantly English group, we also had scrambled eggs and bacon cooked for us every day.

The day after my wedding, I started feeling ill, and the following day, I couldn't even get out of bed. Manos helped my Mum to find a pharmacy, also arranged for the doctor to come to me. When I was feeling a little better, he offered to make anything at all that I wanted to eat, didn't matter if it was on the menu or not, and offered chicken soup. It was the best chicken soup I've ever had, and I was really impressed - you just wouldn't get that level of service in most other places. I was also asked regularly by all the staff, in the days that followed, how I was doing, and Nikos and George both made sure I was only drinking Coke from the cellar i.e. not cold, as instructed by the doctor - must be a Greek thing!

Something else that everybody noticed was the level of cleanliness in the hotel, the cleaners were the most hardworking I have ever come across - they were there every morning when we got up, and were there usually til after dark, working throughout the day. The ladies would spend well over an hour thoroughly cleaning a room after guests had checked out!! And this is reflected in the rooms themselves, they are truly pristine.

Since returning home, all of our guests have pined for the hotel, and the holiday. We had an incredible week, in which we all enjoyed ourselves so much, without ruining other holidaymakers' experience, followed by a fabulous week alone for our honeymoon (also at the Seaside), and if I could do it all again, I wouldn't choose any other hotel on the island. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Atalos Apartments & Suites
#1 of 77 in Kamari
Cavo Bianco
Cavo Bianco
#5 of 77 in Kamari

Been to Sea Side Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!