“I shall be back again and again.”

Atalos Apartments & Suites
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am not going to write too much but if you are looking for relaxation, 10 minutes walk to the sea front, romantic atmosphere, 10 minutes to the airport, great location, and room’s spotlessly clean and in other words just peace and quiet you must go here.

Room Tip: Rooms 36 and 37 are away from the pool and are so nice and quite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChefdeCuisineMalt
There are newer reviews for Atalos Apartments & Suites

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had always wanted to visit Santorini and wasn't sure about travelling alone - oh how I wished I had done it years ago!! I booked to stay at the Atalos apartments in Kamari for 4 nights and corresponded by email with Giannis the owner about flight pickup transfer from Thira airport etc. On my arrival there he was with the laminated poster waiting on me. The transfer to Kamari is not far about 5/7 minutes. When we got to the hotel he gave me a map went over the sites with a nice fresh drink of orange juice to complement this. The apartment I had was sufficient and just what I needed. It grew on me lovely waking up to the sun streaming through the veranda and the chirping of birds. Oh I miss that tranquil, bright, airy minimalistic feel about the place already!! The apartments have a small plug in 2 ring cooker, table, chairs, walk in shower, shower cap, toiletries, even washing up liquid etc to get to you started. There is a tv in the room too should you wish it and Giannis gets you hooked up with wi fi. There is also a small veranda to sit outside. I had a problem with my phone company intially and was keen to speak to my son back in Scotland and Giannis's wife insisted I use their phone to make the call - they really bent over backwards to help me. Breakfast is served in the bar area - cereal, bread, jams, cheese, ham, boiled eggs, cakes, juice, tea and coffee plenty to choose from. They have a nice sized pool, plenty of loungers etc. There is also a small bar there too. As a result of the air strikes in Athens my internal flight was brought forward by 2 hours on the morning of my departure and I only discovered this at the last minute and very quickly Giannis got me to the airport made sure I was checked in with my boarding pass despite making it by the skin of my teeth - really nice family him, his wife and daughter. I felt so safe there and would highly recommend anyone wanting to visit Santorini to stay at Atalos appts and Kamari as it's a great base to explore Santorini - regular local buses, Kamari tours office in town for tours, lovely beach, nice shops and car rental - affordable and just beautiful my stay was excellent value and was one of the best trips I have had scenery breathtaking in Santorini with the sunsets etc. I also noticed there were families there from the UK who came back each year and they were all like personal friends now of the hotel owner. Equally there were people from as far as Australia there and everyone seemed happy with their stay. I would thoroughly recommend Atalos Appts thank you so much Giannis and your wife for your hospitaility and yes next year I hope to come back and do island hopping that's for sure x

Room Tip: I was travelling alone and wasn't too bothered about a view although I loved my room you could s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karine O
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I took my girlfriend here a few summers ago, where I actually proposed to her! We read good reviews of the place, but were blown away by the amazing deal this place is. The owner woke up at the crack of dawn to pick us up from the airport (our flight got in early) and gave us breakfast and some helpful information about the island. We had this great, romantic suite (we called it the Aphrodite Suite) that overlooked the pool. The weather was perfect for patio wine drinking each afternoon. The location is a few blocks from the beach, tucked away and quiet. The value for the service was unbelievable. We left feeling like close friends with the owner and his wonderful wife and daughter. Like I said, we got engaged on that trip and can't wait to return next year for an engagement anniversary. Trust me, this place rocks.

Room Tip: Just ask the owner when you are booking the room. He will help you out.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank malex_VT
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Atalos Villa in Kamari for 3 nights during our Santorini trip and really enjoyed it.
Our room was very clean and comfortable. The pool are vas very conveneint during day (with lots of sunbed available) and very charming in the evening. Breakfast was simple but nice and tasty. Friendly owners & very nice goodbye suprise.
It was a great base for exploring Santorini with rented car (rental was possible with the hotel).
Great thanks for the hosts!
Small tip - book directly through e-mail for best rates.
Fantastic value for money!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mmadry
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Atalos Villas on the recommendation of friends.
We had a wonderful stay.
Our experience at this Hotel was one of the best we have ever had in our travels.
The Hotel was clean and the room was spacious and comfortable. Service was excellent. The staff went out of their way to be sure that we had everything that we needed.
We really enjoyed our stay and we would recommend Atalos Villas Hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sergej V
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Staying on this side of the island was great, because you can relax on the beach, whereas Thira is located on a cliffside. There are many nice restaurants, all within easy walking distance. The owner is lovely, and will pick you up from the ferry/airport if you let him know the arrival time. Apartment was nice, not small at all, with good airconditioning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rea1205
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent 9 fantastic days in Atalos Villas in Kamari. I am still searching for negative aspects I could say about this place. Giannis is very helpful and really kind. If I come back to Santorini one day it will be at Atalos without any hesitations.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank albartParis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Hotel Matina
Anassa Deluxe Suites
Anassa Deluxe Suites
#2 of 75 in Kamari
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Atalos Apartments & Suites? Share your experiences!