Epavlis Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$86
Cavo Bianco(Kamari)
$187
$178
  • Breakfast included
Castro Hotel Kamari(Kamari)(Great Value!)
$60
$41
Poseidon Beach Hotel(Kamari)(Great Value!)
$428
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$224
TripAdvisor
All reviewsslight hillsea viewgames roompool areahot tubsteep inclineancient thirabeach frontwater taxiour honeymoonbreakfast roomthe main stripfira and oiacomfortable sunbedscleaning staffmin walkwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was the perfect location to spend 4 days of relaxing in Santorini. The hotel was beautiful with a wonderful pool and great pool bartender (Izzy). Bed and room was nice, clean and comfortable with a view of the pool, ocean, and mountains. However, the only thing that made the stay unpleasant was the rude Receptionist. We got off on the wrong foot on the first day because she was expecting only 2 in our group but there were 4. She seemed very peeved for us to have invited 2 other people to the hotel, even though they had pre-booked reservations also and had a different room. She acted like we were making her work more complicated. This attitude continued when I requested information on a local boat cruise from her. She was upset that I preferred to use the Boat Cruise tour map over the map she provided. Her attitude never changed over the 4 day stay and we attempted to avoid her at all costs. I would definitely stay in the hotel again because besides the Receptionists' attitude, it was absolutely lovely!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a view; and note that the rooms with hot tubs are few and don't always have a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tabatha H
Reviewed August 8, 2013

After my week long stay at the Epavlis hotel the only word that I truly feel sums up my experience is conflicted. I will begin with the positives; the staff were extremely helpful whenever there was anything specific I required and the majority of them were friendly. (Let's just say after reading the other reviews I can definitely tell to whom the negative comments are referring.) The cleaning staff were especially friendly and did a fantastic job. The view from the hotel is probably one of the best you will get in Kamari and its location allows for a wonderful breeze most evenings. This view was even visible from the pool area, where there was food and drinks for a small fee from a friendly bartender. The breakfast was what is to be expected from a continental breakfast. It was decent quality, offering all the basics (eggs, fruit, coffee) as well as a couple more unique breakfast foods.
Now for the less positive points. After a week of sleeping on the firmest hotel beds I have ever encountered my entire body was sore. I actually even overheard an other guest talking about how they had borrowed the padding from the pool chair one night to make their bed softer. I was often unable to get wireless Internet even on the computers in the front lobby, let alone on my own device, although I did notice the hotel making efforts to improve this during my stay. I also would not recommend this hotel for anyone who has any joint problems or mobility issues. Getting to the reception area requires climbing a large flight of stairs, and depending on where your room is this climb may continue on a lot higher. There is an elevator but it only goes from the lobby to the first floor.
In conclusion, after a week at this hotel I came home with a lovely tan, some beautiful pictures and very excited to sleep in my own bed.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank canadiantrvlr12345
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at the Epavlis last month and absolutely loved it! Kamari is the best area to stay in Santorini, the beach front has an endless array of chic bars and restaurants serving great food including fresh seafood and gorgeous cocktails! The hotel was perfectly clean and well maintained. The pool was always spotless and inviting. High quality sun loungers with cushioned pads and umbrellas we always available (this may not be the case in busier periods). I travelled with my mum and sister so we stayed in one of their rooms for 3/4 people. The room was very spacious and consisted of a double bed and a single as well as a kind of sofa bed (not much smaller than the single) I would say the room is perfectly adequate for 3 adults and a child. The bathroom was spacious with a power shower in the bath and a very large mirror. The rooms have air con which worked perfectly. We had a large balcony with a small table and 2 chairs. Our room over looked the pool and the sea. There is a 5 minute walk to the beach, but on the way back you will have to tackle a slight incline as the hotel is situated in the mountain. If you are perfectly mobile, you will not struggle with this, we got a little out of breath but we didn't mind as it meant we didn't feel so guilty when enjoying all the lovely food! My mum is 52 and she coped with the incline no problem, so don't let this put you off. We had a look at a number of the other hotels in the area and were so glad we picked ours! Gorgeous views and perfect location. If I had to be really picky the only 2 things I would suggest is that they should play a little music around the poolside as it was very quiet (although some people will like the fact there is no music I'm sure) and the beds we a little on the hard side (I am being picky though).
The staff were very attentive. I can highly recommend the freshly made smoothies from the pool bar! Breakfast was lovely, a fairly good selection. Over all I can highly recommend a stay at the Epavlis and I would definitely return!
As for Santorini I was impressed but really only with Kamari, Oia is nice to visit for great views, and to see the sunset, although the sunset wasn't really anything I haven't seen before. there are some nice rooftop restaurants in Oia but really no better than in Kamari but much more expensive (cruise liners dock in Oia so they up the prices!). Fira was ok, but in the heat it's not really that enjoyable, ok for a bit of shopping but we only spent an hour there and had had enough. Do go to Fira though to go on the cable cars or ride the donkeys. So I would say Kamari is the place to stay and the other places are good to visit.

As for trips I recommend the Greek night and also take the water taxi round to Perissa - this is just a quiet beach front with some nice little souvenir shops and bars/restaurants. They also have a beach club here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CharlotteU
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We simply enjoyed everything here at Epavlis. The rooms are nice and the view stunning. It was nice to walk up the hill out of the noisy beach area in the evening and to know that this is our private and peacful haven. The fifth star comes from the location just under the great mountains. Simply the best!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juha V
Reviewed July 12, 2013

good location in 150m from kamari beach.Family hotel,very clear,fantastik view,excellent rooms,good breakfast,happy persons, good decoration.quite hotel ,good vacation .i think is the best one in the town , near of center ,without noises.

Room Tip: rooms in high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo