All reviews homemade jams sun terrace the bus pool area place is spotless yogurt bars and restaurants lovely lady fantastic hotel every morning breakfast room perfect location nothing is too much trouble for making our holiday week holiday little gem home from home
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Pros: Staff were very friendly, especially Tolis and Martha, and rooms were very clean. Continental breakfast was always good. Close to the beach, shops, markets, and everything you could need. The balconies were spacious. Bus stop around the corner and only 15 mins to Fira on the bus. We would recommend to others.

Cons: Poor wifi connection was a big disappointment, as we had to go out on the balcony to get a good connection. Also, our particular room was directly across from the tanning patio and the curtains were basically transparent. There are shutters but we would have liked to be able to have our window open and still have privacy.

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I had an amazing stay in the beautiful Santellini Hotel! Great location with Kamari beach around the corner along with a wide selection of restaurants and shops right on the doorstep. The airport is just a 10 minute drive away. Thira is roughly a 15 minute drive and Oia around a 30 minute drive. There is also a free car park behind the hotel.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They upgraded our room which was an amazing surprise and it really made our holiday! Elina gave us a great overview of the island upon arrival, and the staff also helped to arrange car hire and the airport shuttle for us.

The hotel is spotless and has great facilities including the pool, bar, sun terrace and a wonderful traditional breakfast each morning.

There were a couple of very minor issues during our stay such as no hot water for a few hours however this was fixed promptly, and the WiFi wasn’t very reliable so my partner and I were forced to talk to each other, haha! But this is expected when staying on a small island and is not a fault of the hotel.

I cannot recommend Hotel Santellini enough and we will definitely be returning!

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Had a week here in May. The hotels location is perfect, it’s incredibly clean and well run. Martha the owner is an amazing lady and you can see her passion for her hotel reflected in her staff and the surroundings. If I came back to Santorini I would not consider staying anywhere else. Great experience.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank andydJ7909PT
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

My fiancée and I have just left the hotel and felt compelled to write a review straight away.

Location:
The location is fantastic, right on the doorstep of the Kamari strip with lots of lovely restaurants and shops. It’s busy and bustling on the streets so it’s a real shock to walk into Hotel Santellini and realise how calm and peaceful it is. 10/10 for sure. A lot of our friends stayed further out of Kamari by maybe about ten minutes (so not far) but it made a difference and I would definitely recommend Santellini in terms of location.

The Hotel - facilities and rooms:
The hotel is immaculate, I’ve stayed in 5* hotels which aren’t as clean as this. I have nothing but praise for the lovely staff too. We had the warmest welcome that we’ve ever experienced - including emailing us beforehand to arrange transfers and quickly answering any queries I had.
The pool is beautiful, but freezing! As we visited before the season started this was to be expected, but it was a lovely way to cool off in the heat. We never struggled for a sunbed either by the pool or on the sun terrace. The drinks to buy around the pool are very reasonable too for €4 for a large beer.
The room was simple but nice, very clean and kept this way - to the point where the cleaners are so efficient that the room looked brand new ever night! We did keep having to find our stuff though..!

Breakfast:
Wow... it has to be my highlight! Everyone thought I was crazy for being excited about the fresh bread and homemade jams but oh my god. Try the mandarin jam - it’s amazing and Martha is an absolute queen! She is also the most incredible host.

Thank you all at the Santellini Hotel for a fabulous start - we are really looking forward to booking for our next trip!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

What we like best about this hotel is the receptionists and its convenient location in Kamari area (just 2 minutes walking to the beach or to the bus-stop). This hotel is very very nice and very clean. It has a very beautiful swimming pool where you can enjoy sun bath and having a cup of coffee with your family around the pool. The receptionist, Miss Elina Lem was very nice and was so helpful. You will absolutely like her as soon as you meet her at the reception counter. The owner of this hotel is also very nice and I am quite sure that you will like this hotel very much. Everything is there for you and you can take buses to everywhere you want in Santorini from the bus-stop near this hotel. I will surely book this hotel again when I come back next time. I love Santorini island and Greeks people.

Cheers,

Son Tran
(Vietnam)

Room tip: Pool view would be recommended
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends