“Perfect for a beach day ”
Review of Stis Varkes

Stis Varkes
Ranked #45 of 133 Restaurants in Kamari
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent a lovely day in Kamari thanks to Stis Varkes. After strolling around we decided to have a couple of drinks and a bite to eat. We ordered the mixed souvlaki grill with chicken, beef and pork served a side of fries (excellent) and a pizza (excellent). Being right by the beach we spent quite some time here eating and sipping our beers and cocktails enjoying the sea views. The service and ambiance was good. Also, they let customers use the beach chairs at no extra cost. So post paying the bill we headed to the chairs and spent a lazy day by the beach. Would recommend this place.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We had an amazing day by the beach! We tried the waffles which were absolutely perfect and then pizza for lunch! It's the kind of places you wanna go again and again. Friendly service is a plus as well.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Varkes has a very inventive and extensive menu. We were delighted by the choices. The setting at beachside was fantastic.

The waiter also took the time to understand what we wanted, handled requests for special preparation, and delivered on his promises.

I especially liked the Greek omelette and grilled octopus.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

The service was quite friendly and the French fries were good; but the chicken that came with the mixed souvlaki was undercooked, very pink in some places. Hard to recommend this place but if you do go, just be sure to inspect your food carefully.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Not much open in Kamari at the end of March, but Varkes with tables outside looking onto the beautiful blue sea. I ordered the mixed souvlaki grill, and the pork and the chicken were ok, but the beef (ground) was better than most burgers I get back in the US. And nice, crispy fries to go with. I probably went to far in ordering the baklava, but I was expecting a 2-bite piece of confection. Instead, I got a 1/2 sandwich, diagonal cut, sized deliciousness that had been warmed, and then more honey drizzled over the top. Too much, but really good. Friendly, good service.