“Extremely caring owners, nice hotel, but not close to beach”
Review of Sunflower Hotel

Sunflower Hotel
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Mexico City, Mexico
“Extremely caring owners, nice hotel, but not close to beach”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. As other people have said, the owners Gregory and Sideris go out of their way to help you! As a single lady, I was furthermore pleased by the fact that Gregory kept an eye out for me.
As for the hotel itself, it is nice, with a nice pool and nice rooms, though the rooms are basic: So basic, in fact, that not even a soap bar is provided (I did not expect a little bottle of shampoo, but I was surprised that there was not even a little soap bar). And there was no curtain for the shower, so the bathroom gets pretty wet. As to the bed, the top sheet is given folded, so one has to make that part of the bed.
My room had a kitchenette, so that was nice. I also had a nice view towards the sea.
One thing one needs to be aware, is that this hotel is at least 5 blocks uphill from the beach, on the main road leading out of town.

Room Tip: If you like a nice view, ask for a top floor room with a view towards the sea (poolside), unless you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have just returned from the Sideris Sunflower Villa in Kamari. We went for my daughter's wedding and had the most wonderful time. The owners Gregory & Sideris couldn't do enough for us. As the wedding was booked for 4pm and the reception not until 7pm, we asked Gregory & Sideris if they could put on a buffet for us as there were 44 guests. Not only did they do the perfect buffet, they also decorated the Sideris Sunflower with lovely tablecloths and balloons on the day. Their wives did the most superb buffet and we couldn't thank them enough. They also did a family BBQ for us 2 days after the wedding. We arrived as holidaymakers and left as friends. We will certainly return there. What an amazing family!

Room Tip: We had a large room at the back of the Sideris and it was lovely and quiet. Some of our party had r...
2 Thank Christine Q
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just want to say a huge ‘Thank you to Gregory, Sideris and your wonderful, hospitable family’ for making our holiday and wedding day such a memorable occasion. You went that extra mile to ensure our wedding day was special it was so thoughtful and we really appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts!
Sideris the photographs you took of myself and the wedding party were some of the best we had taken that day, all of my friends and family back home have commented on how lovely they are! Thank you so much for the print offs and the CD- it was very generous of you and I will treasure it forever!
When we were booking our holiday/ wedding 18 months ago, the comments on trip advisor did influence our decision to book here and I can honestly say I am so pleased we did! I agree with everything Claire and Les have put. The apartments and pool side were always kept spotless, the air con was a god send in the Greek heat, the prices at the pool bar were very reasonable (as we had been concerned before we went about the prices in Santorini but they weren’t as high as some people have made out!) No different to Spain, Italy and Austria where I have been fortunate enough to visit this year. The free Wifi was great, the location was perfect- just a short walk to the restaurants and the beach.
To any brides reading these reviews you won’t be disappointed- I used to come on here on a monthly basis and read the glowing reports and I can honestly say from the moment we arrived to when we left we were made to feel like old friends and that is I suspect why people continue to return each year!
Take care Gregory, Sideris and Family and we hope to see you all again in the not to distant future,
All the best,
Jayne and Landen Partington xx

5 Thank Jayne P
Manchester
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just returned from a 2 week stay at Sideris Sunflower Villas. We were part of a large family wedding party staying at Sideris and Gregory's family run apartments. We were made to feel welcome from day 1 until we sadly had to come home. We stayed in apartment number 2, it was pool side so had easy access to a balcony with steps that led to the pool. The room was lovely and clean with nice marble type tiles with a small kitchen area with a plug in hob, kettle and fridge / freezer. The bathroom was typical Greek standard with a wet room type shower, which more than met our needs. The maid who was lovely came in everyday to clean and change linen / towels, had a well deserved rest every Sunday. The grounds were kept pristine and were always being tended too throughout every day. The pool was lovely and was a great size, enjoyed dipping in and out to play with the family and children. 1 of the children had an accident one day and needed stitches, Gregory came to the rescue and personally took the child and parents to a medical centre and brought them back safe and sound, money was offered but he wouldn't take it. That was the theme of the holiday, Gregory and his family couldn't do enough for us. On more than a few occasions we were brought tasty home cooked treats whilst enjoying a €2 bottle of Mythos from the honesty bar. On the day of the wedding the family put on a lovely reception for us in the taverna part of the complex, the food was amazing and Sideris took some fantastic pics for us and put them onto a disc for us no charge! We enjoyed the food so much we asked if we all could have a BBQ if we paid, again this was no trouble and on the night of the Olympic closing ceremony we had lovely party / BBQ. We will defo be back to Sideris apartments again, hopefully soon! They offered us to book direct next time which we will defo take the offer up! Kamari was a great resort and glad we picked this resort following visits to other areas on the island. Thanks again Gregory and Sideris, we will defo be back again!

Room Tip: Room 1 or 2 is great for a couple. A/C is €7 a day. Safety deposit box is €10 per week.
1 Thank danny4681
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just returned after the most fantastic 2 weeks holiday. I would highly recommend staying here, and definatly book direct for cheaper rates and a fantastic services from Gregory and Sideris who picked my family up from the airport. They are the best hosts, they can not do enough for you. It's the place people return to year after year. Everyone out of our large group will be returning here.
The room and pool area are kept very clean, and they have fruit growing all around the apartments that you can pick and eat! We booked a 1 bedrooms apartment for me my husband and my 2 young sons. The room was huge and we a lovely double balcony with a sea and mountain view, and was very grateful of the air conditioning that was including in the cost of the room!
On the 2nd day of our holiday my niece fell and cut her chin badly. Gregory and his family really went out of their way to help us. Gregory took her with her parents to get stitched up; they rang to let people know they were coming with her so she got seen to straight away. My cousin offered money to Gregory for petrol for driving them around and helping, but they would not take a penny. I knew the Greeks where friendly, but the extra mile this lovely family goes to to make your holiday is very over whelming.
As a travel agent myself I can be quite picky about where I stay for my holidays. The Sideris Sunflower was chosen by my brother and his new wife who just got married in Santorini. I was worried as our group had 7 children all under 6 years, 4 of them at the terrible 2’s! Knowing that Santorini is a couple’s destination we was made very welcomed with all the children and they were fantastic with all of them. I could not have chosen a better property for us.
The location was perfect, only 5-10 minutes walk to all the bars and restaurants on beach front.
Gregory, Sideris and their family put on a lovely pre wedding dinner for us all on the day of the wedding. The food was the best I had all holiday. They also did a BBQ for us on the Sunday for the Olympic closing ceremony, it was one of the best nights we had on our holiday.

Thank you Gregory, Sideris and your family for making our family holiday the best we’ve had. You will be seeing us all again (without the children next time for a nice romantic holiday)
I will be in touch. Claire.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel and ask for a sew or pool view. Book flight's seperatly with a travel...
5 Thank Claire P
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

What a fantastic place,Gregory and all his family made us all,30 odd of us,very welcome,they are all very accomodating.We were their for a family wedding,fantastic.The appartments are kept very clean,basic facilities if you want to do your own cooking,but there are hundreds of bars and restaurants within a short walk.I cannot thank Gregory and his family enough for making our holiday/wedding a fantastic event.I would recommend these apartments to anyone.Thankyou.

3 Thank Leslie P
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed with Greg and his family once again and it is like returning to old friends. Without doubt the best value for money hotel we have stayed in any of the Greek islands. Clean, bright and airy rooms, lots of space around the pool (which Greg takes much pride in) and is spotlessly clean being scrubbed every morning. Lovely sun terrace with plenty of loungers to go around and well kept gardens surrounding.

Yes, they are typically Greek rooms, with minimum cooking facilities but is fine unless you are trying to cook a Sunday lunch, but that is more than made up for by being well maintained and clean.

Fantastically located with just a stroll to the main shops and restaurants but without being in the thick of it. and a 10 min stroll to the beach.

Greg and his family have not forgotten what it takes for people to keep returning this jewel of a hotel, good hospitality coupled with a sense of pride in providing good service, which is why people return here year after year. The feeling is similar to your friend owning a villa and you have popped over to stay for a couple of weeks.

If you are a couple looking for a peaceful, relaxing holiday in the sun then this is the place for you. You will not be disappointed

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple