“Amazing hospitality and great value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sideris Sunflower Villa

Sideris Sunflower Villa
Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Kamari
“Amazing hospitality and great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Santorini was one of the best destinations that I have ever been and staying at Sideris Sunflower Villa just made it more perfect.
I could say so many great things about the hotel, like the pool area, the view from my room and about Kamari, with many nice bars/restaurants around, but I will resume just saying, stay in this hotel if you want to be amazed with the hospitality, you will feel like home.
My history: I arrived in the hotel and first thing that I realized is that I forgot my iphone on the boat coming from Mykonos. I was really sad and nervous cause I took many pictures with the phone. Gregory coudnt be more helpful to try to find my phone, he called the boat company many many times, tried his best to solve my problem. I dont know about you, but I was never treated like that anywhere, I felt that was my family/friend trying to help me. In the end I found it on the boat the next day and everything was fine.
More than that, Gregory also helped us enjoy the island at its best, he knew every single part of Santorini and gave us amazing tips. We felt at home, seriouslly, like when we got back from what we visited during the day the first though was to tell him what we did, like he was our dad. =)
Well, I just want to thank Gregory and his family for all they did for us and for the special experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jubegz

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

The first time we had a holiday in Santorini and we wasn't disapointed. The Sideris Sunflower Apartments are basic but very clean with Elizabeth the cleaner coming in every day. Gregory and Sideris can't do enough for you and are wellcoming and helpfull to you! A trip to Oia to see the sunset is a must, a truly amazing experience. There's plenty of places to eat in Kamari with a wide range of bars and resturants, our favourate was The Liverbird Pub where Shelia and Wayne are most wellcoming. Don't have any doubts about going to Sideris Sunflower Apartments at all, we plan to go back to the Sideris next year and I for one can't wait!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We are coming to the end of our 7th holiday at Sideris Sunflower. I can only say that if you want great hosts, lovely clean apartments and a relaxed holiday this is the place for you! Sideris and Gregory and their wives Rita and Maria can not do enough for you,they are the nicest people you will ever meet, very genuine people. We have enjoyed every holiday here, hence returning on a regular basis! Go,you will have a great time and Santorini is amazing!!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank KirsteDurham
plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

we have just returned from a week here as we needed a base to stay on the island to attend a wedding and have a holiday. overall we had the most amazing week, one of our best ever. Santorini has some of the most spectacular scenery we have ever seen, really took my breath away. Most of this is on the opposite side of the island as Kamari itself isn't the best looking resort, particulalry due to the black, pebbly beach. However it does have a great selcection of bars and restaurants, none of which seemed very loud/noisy. We have stayed in many Greek resorts and i think the standard of food in Kamari is better than anywhere else we have been, all at a reasonable cost too. Favourites were Almira, Yamas and Sky Lounge.
Sideris Villa is a great base with a good position in the resort for access to centre and beach but one of the main roads goes right past the front of it and if you have a room overlooking the pool you will have constant road noise. We had a slight issue with some of the kitchen cupboards and bedroom drawers being dirty and we had to clean them before use. But all other areas seemed to be spotlessly clean. Self catering faciliites here were some the the most basic i've experienced but we made do and ate out in the evenings. 10 euro for safe in room and 7 euro per day for air con.
sideries and his family seemed very helpful although we didn't need much from him and due to the wedding we spent alot of time away from the apt.
We did a caldera cruise, climbed the volcano, swam in the hot springs and hired a car for one day and saw the rest of the island. Driving is much easier and less scary than in other areas of Greece as the island is so small and easy to get around. All was booked through Thomson and really well executed, John the rep was excellent, very professional.
to sum up we would thoroughly reccommend Santorini if you like getting out and about, seeing and expereincing things. If you want a week on a beach only there are much better, more suitable resorts.
as it was the second week of the season some things weren't open/not running but this also meant we had a lovely peaceful time too, apart from the road!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms at the back would be quieter. but pool view rooms also overlook the road which is constantly...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

We visited on a bargain last minute deal as we always wanted to see Santorini. The rooms are nice and have a nice pool views, the road can get the hum of scooters though through the night. The weather was on the turn and all was closing down for winter. Car hire is a must if you want to see the sights on Santorini. Otherwise for what we paid this can only be an excellent base for seeing more. There are plenty of great eaters nearby, and a local supermarket and the road to the beach is pretty flat for those not able to rush. Definitely worth a visit.

Stayed October 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed here in May 2011 after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. This was my 16th trip to the Greek Islands and 2nd to Santorini so I knew what to expect. I found Sideris to be a cracking little place to stay, rooms were all spacious and well cleaned and the staff were excellent. I'd definitely go back and would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap villa that they're going to use as a base whilst exploring the island.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool get the sun in the morning, rooms facing the mountains get the sun during...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DanHad
Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed at the Sideris the first two weeks of September 2011. It was our first time to Santorini and if we returned this is the place we would stay. Sideris and his brother Gregory are lovely people and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them, if you asked for something it was there or done straight away. The apartments are in a very good location with everything being within a five minute walk. The Sideris has a lovely pool area and surroundings. Although we only had a studio it was plenty big enough for the two of us, and was always kept clean. The view from the balcony was truely great so what more could you wish for.

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to ask for a different room,we were asked on arrival which room we would like from a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple