We stayed at Bellonias Villas during the second week of May, right at the start of their season. We were all very impressed with the villas which were very clean albeit a teeny bit cosy for 5 of us (but to be fair we added one person on at the last minute) and the shower we had was quite small (although all the rooms are different). I read in one review there was a problem with noise at night but we didn't experience this at all. The restaurant was really good and the bar has a wide selection of cocktails, fresh smoothies etc all of which could be brought to you by the pool / beach by the very friendly bar staff. The pool area was also very clean and although the pool was pretty cold it was refreshing! As the previous reviews say, the staff were really friendly and helpful, giving us a warm welcome when we arrived and helping us with our bags when we left.
The breakfast was nice but we did get a bit bored of it after day number 4, I think maybe they could jazz it up a bit (switch scrambled eggs everyday to bacon / poached egg / sausages).
The area in General was nice - as it was the start of the season a lot of places were only just opening and it was relatively quiet at night. Nearly all places we ate at served a good selection of Greek food and were really nice. We also got a lot of free Santorini wine!
It would probably be beneficial to hire a car to drive around the island like we did. All the white buildings with blue roofs are in Oia, not Kamari. Oia is a must. If we hadn't been scared to drive at night we would have stayed for the sunset! There are coach tours which take you to Oia but they generally leave 20mins after sunset.
The staff at the hotel recommended that we don't get scooters and when we drove around we did find the roads not particularly scooter friendly.
I think if I were to go again a week is the max time I would spend there and I'd go a bit more in season when it's warmer in the evenings (although the pool area is probably quite packed in high season).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on a private part of Kamari Beach, the 4-star Bellonias Villas is a complex of minimally decorated units set amidst a palm-tree garden. It has a pool and a seaside restaurant. Bellonias air-conditioned studios and apartments have marble floors and built-in beds. They come with a satellite LCD TV, kitchenette and a living area. The private bathroom is stocked with free toiletries, bathrobes and hairdryer. Light meals are offered at the snack bar, while a variety of cocktails and champagnes can be enjoyed at the poolside bar. Elia Restaurant serves Greek and Mediterranean dishes right next to the beach. Within a short stroll, guests will find bars and cafes. Santorini Airport is 5 km away and Athinios Port 12 km away. The lively town of Fira is at 7 km. Free WiFi throughout is provided, while free parking can be found within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bellonias Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellonias Villas Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Villas Santorini/Kamari