In desparate need of some days out of the office, I decided to join a friend of mine who had booked his stay down at Kamari beach - and did not regret it at all. The place itself, a nice boutique hotel ensemble of separated max. 3 level houses, is created in a stylish white / grey, typical flowers in between, very nice pool area right next to the bar, on the other side the exterior breakfast/dinner area. Just a few steps across the small one way road which is mainly used by pedestrians anyway, one arrives at the beach seating area, overlooking the black pebble stone beach (beach shoes/flip flops recommended). 3-4 steps down, you pass the friendly beach service and relax on one of the private sunbeds (beach service serves even down there). The breakfast is good, having in mind that Greek people typically do not eat a full breakfast, always fresh fruits and real juices, bread and different kinds of cereals, cheese, jam, ham, boiled and scrambled eggs and a very good coffee. The dinner is on a really good level, too - we tried a 4 course menu incl. corresponding local wines and had a nice evening in their Elia restaurant. The cocktails are outstanding - never a fail, always high quality (we have had different experiences in the "happy hour" bars around...). Rooms themselves: Having booked a 2 people apartment for myself alone, I was upgraded to a 4 people studio since they were fully booked so it would be a little unfair to describe that as regular. Nevertheless: boutique style as expected = just a little but nice decoration, white-in-white (my friend had white-brown furniture as they say on their web page: all rooms with slightly different furniture). Staff very friendly, room service reliable. Entertainment is just there (you are at the main touristic beach road) but no loud bar/disco in the direct neighborhood (quiet at night). Lots of restaurants, bars and shops along that road, and if you should consider some fitness, a nice way to run along in the morning hours (direction airport). Summary: you may of course find cheaper places, cheaper cocktails, cheaper dinners, but also cheaper style, cheaper quality, cheaper service. If you are ready to spend a little without "small" compromises, this is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on a private part of Kamari Beach, the 4-star Bellonias Villas is a complex of minimally decorated units set amidst a palm-tree garden. It has a pool and a seaside restaurant. Bellonias air-conditioned studios and apartments have marble floors and built-in beds. They come with a satellite LCD TV, kitchenette and a living area. The private bathroom is stocked with free toiletries, bathrobes and hairdryer. Light meals are offered at the snack bar, while a variety of cocktails and champagnes can be enjoyed at the poolside bar. Elia Restaurant serves Greek and Mediterranean dishes right next to the beach. Within a short stroll, guests will find bars and cafes. Santorini Airport is 5 km away and Athinios Port 12 km away. The lively town of Fira is at 7 km. Free WiFi throughout is provided, while free parking can be found within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bellonias Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellonias Villas Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Villas Santorini/Kamari