“Fantastic Charming Hotel - amazing value”
Review of Armonia Hotel

Armonia Hotel
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the charming Armonia Hotel and have to say that the hotel was one of the highlights of the whole experience. The Armonia Hotel is a simple hotel which offers excellent value for money. We stayed with 3 children and we all enjoyed the friendly relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are simple but contain everything one needs including effective air conditioning, mini fridge and small but functional shower rooms. The entire hotel is very clean and fresh towels and sheets are provided most days and changed daily if required. The breakfast was ideal, there is a small choice of continental/greek food and I I enjoyed my breakfast every day . We sat on the veranda in peace and quiet and planned our day. The pool is average sized and sunbeds are easy to find, the pool bar didn't open, however the hotel is 2 minutes from loads of shops, so drinks and ice creams are near to hand. The owners were lovely and the four daughters will help deal with requests. Margaret has fluent English. We enjoyed our trip and found the tavernas were quite expensive however the Armonia is amazing value and well worth every penny. Fira the capital is cosmopolitan but busy and expensive, Oia is stunning, much quieter and full of amazing shops selling local artworks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Foodulove

Reviewed July 14, 2010

We booked this hotel at a last minute price with Sunjets. The hotel was ok for the price we paid for it, but I would not pay the full price for it.
It's a nice little hotel (only 30 rooms), very quiet located. It was very clean, as is everything in Greece I guess. The room was of good size, very basic decorated. The bathroom was rather small and the shower had a curtain which was not so convenient. We had no bugs or any other insects in our room, altough we heard from other guests that they had cockroaches in their room. We had a very nice and large terrace with view on the interland and nice church. The room had airco, which we needed as it was very hot in the room. The beds and pillows were very hard, but not really bad.
The breakfast was very basic and every day the same. The "orange juice" was rubbish. But the bread was very nice.
The pool was nice with sufficient sunbeds and chairs. I only wonder weather the pool was regulary cleaned.
kamari was ok, although I did not like all the "proppers" at the restaurants. You could not easily walk on the seapromenade at night because at EACH restaurant people tried to get you in .
Santorini itself was magnificent ! You really need to hire a scooter, it only costs about 15-20 € per day !

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElkeVE
Reviewed October 7, 2009

3 beds in our room tv fridge and constant hot water was this really greece? I travelled with a friend to this fantastic island one of the best places i have ever seen . Catch the local bus to stunning Fira it will not dissapoint also try the restaurant Perigliali by the beach great food and friendly staff and finnish the evening at the Love Boat bar almost opposite. Would i go back? like a shot .

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank BEACHBABYWithamEssex
Reviewed October 2, 2009

34 bedroom family run hotel with nice large swimming pool, located in a quiet location but only 100 mtrs. from the many tavernas and bars. The hotel is very clean and the owners and staff cant do enough to make you welcome. Only one complaint is that there are no tea/ coffee making facilities in the rooms. Kamari is a wonderfull location, and access to other parts of the island is easy on the local buses.We normally take our holidays in the far east so are used to excellent hotels and service so arrived not knowing what to expect. Any worries were dispelled from the moment we arrived,and we have returned after two enjoyable weeks.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DerbyshireWanderlust
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We have recently visited Santorini, in order to plan our wedding for next year.

I chose the Armonia as it was the cheapest at short notice, with the best reviews on here. I absolutely adored Santorini, and the Armonia did not disappoint at all. The staff are fantastic, very thorough, really friendly. Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, and the bedding changed every other. They provided a travel cot for our daughter, though this did take up a fair bit of room. There was a good amount of storage for the 4 of us. Although the bathroom is on the small side, this wasn't a problem for us, the shower was fantastic, possibly one of the most powerful I've ever used in a holiday place!

The breakfast was great, much better than I anticipated - there was orange juice, brown & white bread, butter, jam, processed ham and cheese (again nicer than I imagined), boiled eggs, greek yoghurt, honey, tinned peaches, tea (which I was most pleased about), coffee (which my fiance was most pleased about) and biscuits. Definitely plenty to fill you up for a while, and as everything gets eaten, it is replenished immediately. There was also a highchair which was excellent.

The pool area was great, we all loved it, and it was rarely busy, certainly never more than half the beds were full. I was never really sure when the pool bar was supposed to be open, but it seemed to be just a couple of hours in the late afternoon, which was a little disappointing.

As we had young children (18mths & 4yrs), we decided against using the beach, due to the hot dark sand, and strong currents, so can't comment on that. The Armonia was so close to the front, where all the bars & restaurants are, literally a min or so walk, and you're smack bang in the middle of the beach front.

We ate in lots of great restaurants, reasonable too, usually doing lots of meal deals (15-20e for two, some incl wine). Some of the better ones were Almira (amazing kleftiko), Zorbas, Seaside, Family. The worst was definitely the Boathouse restaurant, though it seems from other reviews it may have just been an isolated case.

One evening we headed over to Perissa, on a friend's recommendation and sought out Meteora restaurant. It was very reasonably priced, the service was great, the staff were mad, and we happened to turn up on a Monday night, which was Greek night, and the entertainment was fantastic! Our eldest daughter even did some plate smashing!

One Sunday evening, we sat eating dinner outside the Albatross bar whilst they were setting up for their live music evening. I had thought we'd need to get going, and assumed it'd be too loud for the kids, but it wan't at all, and the vocalist was absolutely fantastic, so if you're sans children, definitely head there. Not sure what its like on the other nights of the week though.

We hired a car from a store on one of the main streets (where the laundrette is, but closer to the beach) and that was 28e/day for a Micra for 2 days with full insurance, which was perfect for us. We had taken our car seat with us, but they would have provided one for free. We also made good use of the bus system, and at 1.40e per person one way, with no charge for the children, it was a bargain. They were nice air-conditioned buses too (like a UK coach).

We did use the aforementioned laundrette, but at 10e per wash load, it wasn't cheap.

If you're after a cheap & delicious lunch, definitely grab a gyros pitta. They're about 2-2.5e, and are basically pork or chicken with onions, tomatoes, cucumber, sometimes potato, and tzatziki in a warm pitta. Delish!

I have to say I agree with the previous reviewer about Scott - he's knowledgable enough, but is quite arrogant too, and as she said, they weren't the cheapest trips on offer.

One other thing, we found some fairly decent wine for a silly price, I have to tell you about it! The shop is on the front, I can't remember the name, but it's very close to the Mango bar/restaurant. Near the chiller cabinet is a brown unit with taps on, for red, rose & white wine. Above this are empty bottles for you to fill. 1.5l of this wine was 2.50e, i.e. 1.25e per normal bottle!!! It wasn't the best wine I've ever had, and we only tried the red, but for that price, considering most other wines are 7-9e per bottle, it was fab! I've certainly had many worse wines in my time. The same shop also sold 6x1.5l water for about 1.30e.

Well, I think that's about it for now, but please feel free to contact me for any more info, esp those taking families.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank SuzieQ1601
Reviewed June 24, 2009

The Armonia did not disappoint. It's reasonably priced and has all the facilities you need. Having been allocated a ground floor room next to the front door and with the balcony shaded by trees Maria immediately moved me to a sunny first floor room (no lift though so had to lug suitcase upstairs - should have taken less shoes!) Room cleaned every day (towels and sheets changed less often). Bathroom small but adequate. Usual continental breakfast with the addition of yummy biscuits and nescafe. Staff friendly but leave you in peace. Fridge in room bonus and no issue with bringing your own drinks etc in. Aircon free (another bonus) but didn't need it. Didn't bother with safe - locked money in suitcase (perhaps unecessarily). Felt very safe. Good resort - good restaurants esp Byzantio for excellent stifado - Sherif & Sylvia said anyone visiting from my recommendation would get 10% off! Balcony, Seaside, El Greco basically try them all (wouldn't go back to Lolos though - poor service). Go to Fira (15 mins by bus until 11pm, taxi back 10 Euros). Really pretty cobbly town with trendy boutiques and amazing views. Wear flat shoes with grip - slippy in places. Fav club Tithora for real rock music. Also Two Brothers for friendly 'clubby' bar. Must go to Oia for the picture postcard views. Full of cobbly streets, trendy shops and tourists! Perissa & Perivolos great for beaches (again, you can get the bus to Fira and another out again but there is also a taxi boat between Kamari & Perissa which is quicker as long as it's running - the wind was up and waves too high a couple of days I was there). Back in Kamari, the Hook is a must - again, good rock music, friendly welcome from Lucas and Dorida and plenty of Jaegermeister shots, the Love Boat always seemed to be lively esp late when everyone else is winding down (flaming sambucas in here), the Navy Bar is very chilled but seemed quiet most of the time. You won't find karaoke or Elvis but it is very cool. Live music (generally unplugged) in Albatross, Ethnic & the Liverpool bar. Avoid anything recommended by Scott, the local (English) rep - although very knowledgable about the island (he's lived there for 7 years) some of his info is misinformed such as the taxi price from Fira and no, you can't walk to Monolithos beach in 20 minutes! Also, he talks ten to the dozen and doesn't encourage you to ask questions. I kept seeing him around the isalnd and all you could hear was the constant drone of his voice. His trips are overpriced too (usual for reps). Anyway, I had a lovely holiday and would recommend the resort (although might be good to stay a couple of nights at various locations around thre isalnd if you could be botthered) and would definitely stay at the Armonia again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Mandy C
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Good value, dependable staff. We enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple