“perfect holiday!”

Santorini Kastelli Resort
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Actually I was reserved for this hotel from Kamari, as it wasn't in Oia, but after reaching the spot all came to reality for me.The hotel is 5 stars small luxury hotel and has all you can deserve.
From the entrance we took a little car to not bother to reach reception.Our room was very well positioned. The rooms arrangement meet specific santorinian houses arrangement with small mazes not perfectly in line, but with style and good taste.
You deserve to be here even for 7 nights!

Room Tip: - perfect spot in kamari - next to the beach - behind the hotel is the bus station
1  Thank adriandinu222

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed at Kastelli for a week. Attractive hotel, good layout - in between rooms were smaller pools, one big pool next to restaurant, Lydia - good breakfast. Staff very helpful, Atonis, the Manager is very good, looks after people very well.
Would recommend.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I returned to Kastelli this year on honeymoon following the most amazing stay the year before. Once again the Kastelli exceeded all our expectations from the personal meet and greet on arrival from Antonis the Manager to the personal, friendly and attentive service received from all the staff who do their utmost to make your stay most enjoyable. The resort itself is ideally located 5 minutes from the beach however is nestled away in tranquility. The rooms are all immaculately clean and tastefully decorated and there are several pools with shading for everyone's comfort and enjoyment. The restaurant is delightful and serves excellent food and customer service is at its best. Should you wish to indulge in a relaxing spa this is the place - pure indulgence! A big thank you to all at the Kastelli and we will definately be seeing you again next year - we would not go anywhere else! Adrian and Adele

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank adelelax15
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in May2013 I have to say it was a truly wonderful experiece from arrival to departure. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was a total surprise and the room was lovely. I cannot fault anything at this hotel from the reception to reastaurant to cleaners and the bellboy all gave us excellent service. I have to give special praise to the manager as his customer facing skills were second to none and he seemed to treat everyone as though they were his family. Great location peaceful but with easy access to the main resort and all the restaurants and bars and beach. Can I recommemd the little german bar up the lane from the hotel and the gourmet night at the hotel the food was amazing. Thanks again to the staff at the Kastelli resort for an great holiday and we will be back 2014.

John and Val

Room Tip: Executive superior room or junior suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmstainthorpe53
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were so very impressed with the hotel and staff, from the general manager meeting us, and giving us a guided tour of the hotel himself. We had a junior suite that overlooked the main pool, and it was spacious and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get out....

The room was cleaned thoroughly from top to bottom every day. No dust was allowed to settle at this hotel...

We spent time at both the large pool, and the pool at the front of the hotel, which was smaller, but slightly quieter, but both very very enjoyable. The sun beds were comfortable, and beach towels were readily available all day.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank Suzanne019
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is very close to the famous beach of Kamari and the main square of the village with very helpful and pleasant staff. The receptionist was very nice and welcoming and gave us lots of ideas about which places to visit. The breakfast was very good and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Only 2 minutes walk to the beach and there are lots of cafe bars and restaurants nearby.
We will definitely revisit, and recommend, Santorini and Kastelli Resort again!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice hotel. I booked an Executive Superior Room for 4 days which included a semi-private pool. The semi-private pool was shared among 4 rooms, quite small (5mx5m) and shallow (1m deep). The facilities and the breakfast were 5 star quality. The customer service however was deplorable. As my wife and I wanted a bathtub for our room we sent them an email asking if we could have a bathtub several times up to a few days prior to our arrival and they never replied. We also sent an email to confirm our booking which they did not reply to until we contacted Expedia who then contacted them. When we arrived we were made to wait for a few hours before we got to check-in which was fair enough as we arrived early. However one of the staff then called us to her office and told us that the hotel had a "gift" for us and the gift was to send us to another hotel on the other side of the Santorini island which cost 3 times more and they are doing this because we are a young couple and they were going to offer the "gift" to one of the couples in the hotel that day. Naive as we were, we accepted it but only realised later when the hotel manager who came to take us to the other hotel apologised for the inconvenience caused. We were told to stay at that hotel for 2 days but when we arrived we found out that it was a 4 star hotel, had one tiny main swimming pool in the middle, no breakfast buffet, had a really tiny shower and was far from what we were shown in the pictures. We called the hotel and told them we only wanted to stay there for a night. When we were just about When we got back the same lady told us that our room had been upgraded. Hopeful, we were brought to our room only to realise that it was the room we were meant to be in on the first day anyway and it was the type of room that we paid for. .ie. it was not an upgrade.The staff at the restaurant were extremely polite and nice especially the guy in glasses and the only lady waitress there and definitely deserve a raise! In conclusion, good hotel but never trust them if they say they have a "gift" for you! After reading other reviews I am convinced that it was not a genuine gift and this has been done to several other couples so I stick to my review(with some modifications) after being asked by the hotel to remove it. I very much hope that the hotel will stop contacting me via my personal email which I did not provide for contacting about reviews I write as it is making me feel very uncomfortable.

3  Thank Londonersview
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Cavo Bianco
Apanemo
#1 of 12 in Akrotiri
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Astro Palace Hotel and Suites

Been to Santorini Kastelli Resort? Share your experiences!