“Room did not match website”
Review of Kamari Beach Hotel

Kamari Beach Hotel
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Our travel agency chose this hotel for us. We agreed to it because of the pictures posted on the website. The exterior of the hotel is beautiful and well maintained. Our room, however, needed much updating. We were given a room on the first floor tucked away in a corner. The room was fairly large, we were on a budget and had requested 3 star accommodations, so this was a surprise. However, the room was rather sparse. There were two twin beds pushed together with some rather cheap bedding. The mattresses were hard as a rock. The TV was an old model 13 inch. The bathroom had mold in the tub and was somewhat of an accident risk with the height of the sides of the tub. On the plus side, the free breakfast was beautifully presented and a good variety of choices. We did not use the pool but it too was well maintained and large. The hotel was located right on the beach and was convenient to the bus and scooter rentals.

Room Tip: I believe that the upper floor rooms might more closely match the rooms presented on the website.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BAA78660

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We have just returned from a week's holiday at the Kamari Beach Hotel (booked via Thomson Holidays, UK).

The Hotel is spotlessly clean throughout and well run.

It is located on the beach front in close proximity to and with an excellent view of the sea.

All staff were friendly and welcoming. Armir who is the Waiter at the Hotel Pool Bar was particularly so.

Breakfasts consisted of a large selection of lovely food. The Breakfast area is cooled by an array of fans, some blowing condensated air, demonstrating the care and attention which is given to guests.

The Pool is lovely and, if you visit Ancient Thera (on top of the nearby mountain) you will see it is the largest in Kamari.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Empresso10
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We loved our stay at Kamari beach hotel. The location is perfect, just next to the beach. The pool is huge. The rooms aren't five star luxury but we didnt pay five star prices. They are clean and good sized with good aircon and you don't hear your neighbours.
The staff were really friendly and helpful.
Fira town is just a short bus ride away and we were glad to be staying in Kamari by the beach rather and just visiting Fira town etc. We would absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Mcveanj1
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I read a lot of negativ reviews before I went here, so I didn't exactly know what to expect.
But when we arrived I got really surprised! The pool, the staff, the rooms - everything was so nice! It was really typical Greece. The white house with blue doors and windows, so cute!

The rooms weren't in the finest shape. But it was good. It's not a five star hotel so you can't expect that. That's the problem I think most of the people have, they expect over the reality.
I stayed in a superior room with land wiew. The superior and the original rooms aren't so much different. You save money if you take the original, and you don't loose on it.

The hotel had it's owns kittens and turtles! The are very friendly to the animals. Everybody I saw when I stayed there enjoyed the little kittens which was there.

The pool is the largest one on the whole island!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Travellingislife4
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I can honestly say I didn't want to leave. The setting, the location, the hotel all left a great impression of Santorini & Greece. I just wish I'd ended my trip here instead of starting it.

I was staying here with a number of other people for a family wedding. Although some in our group had issues on arrival with Air Conditioning, the issues were addressed and those rooms were compensated for their initial night's discomfort.

My room was large, always immaculate & had its own A/C unit that I could control. As the week progressively got hotter, it made for a very pleasant night's sleep.

The staff here were great. They remembered my room number so, even when they were checking other guests in or out, they simply gave it to me with a smile and I didn't have to wait for them to finish with the other guests before getting my room key. Breakfast staff was fantastic, remembering not only whether I wanted coffee or tea, but what I took in my coffee & if I wanted refills. How they kept all of this straight, I have no idea. Everyone was always very friendly.

There is a computer in the lobby available for guests, which I appreciated. I only wish there was a restriction on it so that younger kids weren't playing games for extended periods of time.

Breakfast was large and varied. You could find something to appeal to your taste buds from cereal, to fruit (canned mostly,) to meat and cheese, to eggs and crepes. Hot food was hot, cold food was cold.

The pool area was large and well used. True, the pool closes early, but it allowed for cleaning of the deck and provided a beautiful setting for evening beverages or snacks. As the beach was across the walkway, had I wanted a late night swim, the option was available.

I could have easily stayed here for another week and come back from my travels rested and content. Unfortunately, due to work commitments prior to the wedding, I had to go to Athens after my week here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank YknGrlAB
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We try to look for the positives and have to say we were mildly pleased with our stay at Kamari Beach Hotel.

Position is ideal if you wish to be based at Kamari. Breakfast was substantial and the restaurant staff were friendly. Room was tidy but bathroom failed to meet acceptable standards. Bath was hardly large enough to seat a small child let alone an adult trying to shower. Shower head was not fixed to the wall and bath enamel was in a terrible state. Rooms are not sound proofed as advertised on the website. It's also advertised that a room safe is included. This is true but you have to pay €1.50 per day for the key!

Given our booking was made over 7 months ago the staff could not allocate us to another room. Even the discounted price of £105 per night failed to ease the disappointment but rather left a feeling of being ripped off.

Unfortunately we would not recommend this hotel to family or friends based on our experience.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank blairbg
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The feel of the hotel has a very warm & friendly ambiance. The hotel had a summery feel & the hotel staff were helpful & friendly.

It is the biggest the pool on the beach front at Kamari Beach, which over looks the beach & the cliffs.

Breakfast came with a wide variety, it was a pure fulfilling breakfast. Along with the witty staff that made the tea & coffee more enjoyable.

The pool side bartender lives up to the standards to make the evening more entertaining.

The receptionist's are well coordinated with your day to day tour plans including your transfers & are very polite.

Thumbs Up to Kamari Beach Hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends