Hotel Matina
$96
$107
$103
  • Breakfast included
Castro Hotel Kamari(Kamari)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
$64
$59
Agoda.com
Poseidon Beach Hotel(Kamari)(Great Value!)
$428
  • Pool
$224
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjean pierrepool barthe busrooms are clean and comfortablea family run hotellovely family runshuttle servicerelaxed hotelrecommend this hotelyogurtpretty hoteldefinitely return to this hotelshort walkdrinks and snacksfantastic poolrestaurant recommendationsgreat cocktails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We spent 2 weeks in late June at the hotel Matina in Santorini and really look forward to going back there. The island is beautiful and the hotel Matina is lovely and is a perfect base from which to travel around the island. The owners and staff very helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is very tranquil even though it is only 5 minutes from the beach. The breakfast was excellent with a large variety of homemade food including the best jams you could wish for. We highly recommend the hotel Matina to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed for 2 weeks in July . The Matina is exactly what we were looking for a small family run hotel where you are a guest and not just another number as with nearly all larger hotels. The hotel is quite basic but it is spotlessly clean with excellent friendly service and a superb location . We would not hesitate to recommend the Matina if you are looking for a small friendly , well run but relaxed hotel .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'm sorry, but 10 days was still not long enough to enjoy the wonderful oasis of Matina Hotel! On this trip I overlapped at Matina 6 days with my daughter (3rd visit to Greece) and four other girlfriends who had never been to Greece before but banked on a once in a lifetime visit mostly due to seeing my photos over the years...many of them taken at Matina Hotel. I can tell you they were not disappointed and there was hardly a dry eye when we had to depart via ferry to Mykonos...so attached had they become with the family & staff of Matina Hotel.
As always, Mr. Sigala (owner & the man on the move) was over the top accommodating us and spot on for our pickup and transfers. His offer to transport all 6 of us (in a/c van) to far away beaches (like Red Beach) for a nominal fee sure beat trying to manage back to back bus time tables and made the visit to Red Beach and lunch at Dolphins an awesome experience for myself and especially for the newbies! Then again for a fraction of what 2 taxis would have cost, he accompanied us to Santos Winery to toast the sunset, take a zillion photos, and snack on a couple platters of mezes...then, took us to dinner at Metaxi Mas & ordered up a feast at that special "Greek price"! You can't go wrong when Mr. Sigala is with you! A special treat is to have him take you to Gallini (fish taverna) to eat (OPA). Only once in a while can you catch him in the pool cooling off because he is always on the go to make sure your visit is the BEST!
Although his wife, Matina, was away visiting her daughter on this trip, I was so happy to see Vasso (his daughter) who also carries on the family's "Gold" standard of service...helping me with all manner of questions or concerns and making the ressies for our ferry tickets to Mykonos effortless.
Outside at the pool bar, during the day, Maia is readily available to make you a snack, lunch, cocktail or a famous "Greek frappe" that will boost your energy through the rest of the evening. I miss Maia & those frappes! And don't forget, Demitris or "Evil Eye" as we nicknamed him, comes on at the pool bar when Maia leaves for the day. Our favorite "Evil Eye" is quick to serve you, plays a mean game of Left/Right/Center (dice game) and does a pretty believable Jim Carey impersonation!
Endy is another jewel of the staff and I send him kudos for my CD he made me (he's the tech pro) of the pool tunes from Maia's play list...you'll love the music floating over the pool while you lounge away the hours under Apollo's rays!
This time I gave up my beloved Rm #18 (2 single beds) to two of the newbies while I bunked with my daughter in the double bed of Rm #17. Same great view overlooking the pool and if you book during a full moon, that moon will be glowing between the dip in the mountains outside your balcony window - lovely.
As I have mentioned in previous reviews of Matina Hotel, you are only 5 minutes walk down to the bus stop and a few more minutes to reach the black beach of Kamari. 4Euros (one way) per person will give you a little boat transfer around to the Parissa beach side, though I would have to say...more tavernas & shopping on the Kamari side. If you want suggestions for where to eat in Kamari, you only have to ask Mr. Sigala who can suggest the perfect place for your budget & type of food.
I think you will be able to tell from the photos I have posted what a wonderful time all 6 of us had at Matina Hotel. Somehow, I've got to get back (again!)

Room Tip: Book during a full moon! Room # 17 & 18 overlook the pool but Room #17 has a double bed whereas 18 has two singles and can fit a third single if needed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CGodez
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We arrived early in the morning and they were kind enough to let us checkin early. The room was cleaned everyday. Staff/matina family were very helpful, provided us some tips were to go in the island and gave us the best map you could get for Santorini. Hotel is less than 5min walk to the beach. And a big shout out to MAIA, the best mixologist in the island. Ask for Maia's special, the green colored the drink, the best drink I've tasted and my wife who doesn't drink, loves it!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tolindoy
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our vacation in July. The hotel has a very good position, close to the beach, a lot of shops, bus station, restaurants. The owners are very friendly and helpful with everything (recommendations for restaurants and tours, even make the reservations).
The hotel has a very nice pool with an open bar and the atmosphere is very relaxed and laid back.
Even though the rooms are not very spacious they are very clean and quiet. The breakfast consist of all natural products, a lot of traditional cookies which I enjoyed.
All in one, it was a lovely vacation and we would stay there again, it was a great choice.
Alice O, Romania