“My Son's Wedding”

Hotel Matina
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at The Matina for one week whilst in Santorini for my Son's wedding. Vasso and Ender made us so welcome and helped with everything including pressing my linen suit on the Wedding Day. Every member of staff where helpful, Maia with Lunch Toasties and Drinks plus a relaxing music schedule tailored to whoever was round the pool area. Hara the night porter always let me in and out when I could not sleep on the wedding morning and we had a good chat about Greek Politics over a coffee.
Pool area is spotlessly clean and well maintained.
Location is perfect for local restaurants and beach access, but is very quiet at night.
I would strongly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here the next time we visit Santorini

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family all stayed at the hotel for a family wedding and we had an absolute ball at the hotel Matina. The Hotel Matina is family owned and run and it made such a difference. We were made to feel part of the family too. They were so helpful in every way from helping us choose day tours to booking accommodation on the other islands we were to visit. Nothing was too much trouble. The pool area is just gorgeous and a great way to wind down each day...we miss Mia's cocktails...if you go there ask for a "Mia special"...her version of a long island iced tea. The rooms are lovely and I miss opening the blue shutters each morning. Our holiday to Santorini was the best holiday we have had and it was largely due to the wonderful experience that we had at the Hotel Matina...if I were to visit Santorini again I would definitely stay at Hotel Matina...can't wait to go back...thank you to the Hotel Matina family for a life changing experience..see you again soon.

Room Tip: Lovely rooms with everything you need for a great holiday
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My family and family friends (group of 12) stayed here for a week at the beginning of June. We came to Santorini because my sister was getting married here.
This hotel was very clean, had a beautiful pool area and the staff were very friendly. The lady that works there (in the pool bar) makes the best frappes and cocktails, the food on the bar menu is also delicious. The owner took us all out wine tasting to see the sunset and for an amazing meal.
We loved this hotel and so did the other wedding guests that stayed elsewhere.

The location of this hotel is excellent, it takes a few minutes to walk down to the beach where there are loads of restaurants, bars and shops.

I can't wait to go back next year.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We are so happy we chose to stay at Hotel Matina. We where visiting Kamari for a family wedding and wanted something close to the beach, clean and affordable.
The whole experience of Hotle Matina was lovely, from the shuttle service, breakfast, clean rooms and the most friendly staff you could ask for. Nothing was a hassle for anyone.

Hotel Matina is in the perfect location, its a minutes walk away from the beach front, but back enough so you have some privacy in the beautiful outdoor pool area.

The pool bar is great - ask Maia for her special. Also breakfast each morning is lovely, especially sitting out on the deck looking out over the beautiful garden.

I would not stay anywhere else on the island.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My partner and I got married in Santorini and although we didnt stay at the Matina most of our guests did. I am writing a review as I cannot express how amazing this hotel was. Being a bride I wanted all my guests to be happy and they were more than just happy staying here. The hotel went out there way to look after them and make there holiday perfect. The hotel manager took them all out on day trips, out in the evening to his favourite greek taverna and santo winery. Not only that the day after our wedding he had set up an overhead projector and played our wedding video to all our guests aswel as give them free champagne. Our wedding week was perfect due to the fact alot of our guests were very happy staying somewhere lovely. The rooms were clean and had all the amenties and the pool and surrounding area was beautiful with lovely colourful plants.
Cannot fault this hotel we will all be going back next year . ThankYou Hotel Matina X

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
MatinaHotel, Manager at Hotel Matina, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Claire & Stuart,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our services. We are always happy to see the appreciation from our guests.

We wish your journey together, to be a long and happy one with your loved ones next to you. It was a pleasure for us to be part of this beautiful event!

We hope to see you & your family soon again for your vacation in Santorini!
Vasso Sigala (For Hotel Matina family and staff)

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I am for holiday in Hotel Matina now. It is very nice hotel and the swim pool and garden. Santorini is very nice. Vagelis and Vasso very good friend. PERFECTO !!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carlos M
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in April and loved it. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was great but the best thing was the hospitality from Matina and her family. They will do everything they can, to make your stay memorable. Santorini is a small island with many things to see. Especially the boat tour was very nice. Kamari is mostly visited for its beach with the black sand (Actually most beaches in Santorini are black :) ) I can certainly recommend Kamari and Hotel Matina to anyone going to Santorini.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lisa C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
#6 of 11 in Perivolos
Anassa Deluxe Suites
Anassa Deluxe Suites
#2 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Hotel Matina? Share your experiences!