Alesahne Beach Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Cavo Bianco(Kamari)
$224
TripAdvisor
$139
getaroom.com
All reviewsrecommend this hotelslippery rocksthe busperfect locationsmall showerfew minutes walk awaybreakfast rooma great staylovely hotelrestaurants and shopsyogurtbuffet stylehalf boardeach morningswimming poolplenty of sunbedssea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Tropical Beach Hotel for our Honeymoon! I was a little concerned at first given the price of the hotel. We were staying for 8 nights and this was all we could afford after the flight and stay in Athens.

No need for concern, the rooms are brand new and very comfortable. My wife was happy to learn that (american) hair dryers were available, and all of our needs were met by the friendly staff. The famous Black sand beach at your door step, and a boardwalk that leads you past the best bars and restaurants on the beach. The location of the hotel is in the center of this boardwalk. So if you step out the door and walk to the right, you will go by about 20 bar/restaurants/retail/markets until you run into a magnificant mountain that you can hike up to see Ancient Thira (ruins). If you step out the door and go to the left, you will go by about 20 bar/restaurants/retail/markets until the strip ends (we never made it all the way to the end). The ocean would be directly in front of you, walking out the door.

We stayed in Thira (cliff side) our first night. Allthought the view is the best in the World, we found our accomidation to be sub-par compared to the Tropical Beach Hotel. And the price was twice as much. Food and everthing else is cheaper in Kamari beach as a whole.

If you care to take my advice: We found the best way to spend our days was to have breakfast (free) at the Tropical Beach Hotel. Then swim in the Ocean right outside the door. Then go to one of the neighboring hotel/bars and order drinks. Use their luxuirous pools and get a tan. Order lunch and enjoy some Greek cuisine. Grab a backpack and head the the Kamari bus station (5min walk). Hop a bus to Thira or Oia. Walk around Thira or Oia until you find a bar that suits your fancy. Order a drink and some tomato balls. Watch the most enjoyable sunset of your life. Stumble around the city and look at menus posted on the outside of each restaurant. Find an affordable place with a view. Order dinner with a bottle of wine. Take the bus back to Kamari and go to sleep. Wake up and repeat.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2008

tropical beach... friendly, nice, but with reservations...the room is cleaned, simple and nice but with many problems... problems with electricity, because there are two or three dispositive interrupting the work of fridge and cooler, for example.. the staff is friendly, except for a waitress who is very very unfriendly...anyway, if you need a vacation without luxe, this is tropical beach!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justcomingback
Reviewed August 29, 2008

The hotel has been fully renewed, so the photos available on the internet are not fair to the actual state of the facility.

First of all, the girl who received us at the hotel (shame on me I don't remember her name) was helpful and willing to fulfill any of our requests. Superb service and comfort for the price. Not only has a pool on the back side but also on the front entry of the hotel, next to the bar.

Worth the money. Would book again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Do not stay in this hotel I had my camera stolen out of my hotel room, only myself and the maid had a key. I approached the receptionist and she accused me of lying...

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank agreenLondon
Reviewed July 20, 2008

i have jaust come back from my holidays in tropical beach hotel, in kamari...it was a small and new hotel. you make a step and you are in the sea:)...it is clean kai the staff was very helpfull!! i had a GREAT time there...!! you have to go!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple