Alesahne Beach Hotel
$224
TripAdvisor
$139
getaroom.com
All reviewsrecommend this hotelslippery rocksthe busperfect locationsmall showerfew minutes walk awaybreakfast rooma great staylovely hotelrestaurants and shopsyogurtbuffet stylehalf boardeach morningswimming poolplenty of sunbedssea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Me and my friend decided to go to Santorini for 3 days right after Easter holidays in order to relax and take our first “sip” of the summer.
We wanted a nice hotel, easily accessible and right in the centre of Kamari (we really wanted to see the black Kamari Beach!) because we did not have a car and neither wanted to rent one.
We were so lucky to choose Alesahne Beach Hotel! The rooms were clean and beautiful with vivid colours…the view to Kamari beach each morning, the best spectacle to accompany our breakfast!
And the breakfast…so delicious and fresh we just wanted to have it all! And I cannot omit to mention that the staff of the hotel was so helpful, polite and warm…before asking for them, they were there to assist us on everything.
We even had dinner at the hotel’s restaurant where we tasted some of the most delicious dishes and the famous Santorinian wine, Vinsanto. We even had a light meal on the beach right in front of the hotel, served by the hotel’s restaurant.
At night, we went for walks and drinks in the centre of Kamari…that was a foretaste of summer!
Me and my friend are so delighted that we will visit Alesahne again for sure this summer…besides, this is what we say value for money vacations!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EleniVar
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Aleshane is lovely. Superbly located in Kamari Beach whihc is beautiful..
The staff was really nice and even if I spend only 2 nights I wish I could have extended my stay ... Cosy rooms and nice beach....
The pool is really cool and I enjoyed my lunch and the great greek food around it.
I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The Aleshane rooms
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank DanielZu
Reviewed November 4, 2009

...it's not clean, breakfast is horror and the location is, well...
But scaling down the stairs in the morning, into the lobby and right into that smile, makes your day. And that's only the second-best part. Sleeping a night in that bed makes you happy . I'll promise. Even if you're solo traveler!
Over all:
The hotel is located right on boardwalk. Bus stop is behind the hotel.
The service is extraordinarynarynary. The rooms are quiet and clean. Unless you avoid a second view under the bed. Two nice pools (1 frontyard, 1 backyard), direct access to black vulcanosand beach. Avoid breakfast, stay in bed. But stay at this place!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I highly recommend this hotel...the location was great, beach across street, pool clean and the rooms were a little small but for the price it was great! Just returned in July 2009 and would stay here again. It was also quiet at night although it is near everything.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Tropical Beach Hotel for our Honeymoon! I was a little concerned at first given the price of the hotel. We were staying for 8 nights and this was all we could afford after the flight and stay in Athens.

No need for concern, the rooms are brand new and very comfortable. My wife was happy to learn that (american) hair dryers were available, and all of our needs were met by the friendly staff. The famous Black sand beach at your door step, and a boardwalk that leads you past the best bars and restaurants on the beach. The location of the hotel is in the center of this boardwalk. So if you step out the door and walk to the right, you will go by about 20 bar/restaurants/retail/markets until you run into a magnificant mountain that you can hike up to see Ancient Thira (ruins). If you step out the door and go to the left, you will go by about 20 bar/restaurants/retail/markets until the strip ends (we never made it all the way to the end). The ocean would be directly in front of you, walking out the door.

We stayed in Thira (cliff side) our first night. Allthought the view is the best in the World, we found our accomidation to be sub-par compared to the Tropical Beach Hotel. And the price was twice as much. Food and everthing else is cheaper in Kamari beach as a whole.

If you care to take my advice: We found the best way to spend our days was to have breakfast (free) at the Tropical Beach Hotel. Then swim in the Ocean right outside the door. Then go to one of the neighboring hotel/bars and order drinks. Use their luxuirous pools and get a tan. Order lunch and enjoy some Greek cuisine. Grab a backpack and head the the Kamari bus station (5min walk). Hop a bus to Thira or Oia. Walk around Thira or Oia until you find a bar that suits your fancy. Order a drink and some tomato balls. Watch the most enjoyable sunset of your life. Stumble around the city and look at menus posted on the outside of each restaurant. Find an affordable place with a view. Order dinner with a bottle of wine. Take the bus back to Kamari and go to sleep. Wake up and repeat.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple