“Slow service”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Good food nice garden environment , slow service . Took asking 3 times and finally going to the front to pay our bill .

There are newer reviews for Amalthia

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food here was ok but I had much better shrimps at the classico restaurant a bit further along the beach front. These were a little bland and dry. the location is lovely though and the service was good. I would perhaps recommend for lunch but for dinner I prefer something a little more special. the seafood was quite pricey for what it was.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We visited this restaurant three times during our 14 night stay in Kamari.
We had a very pleasant meal on all occasions. House wine good value for money. Food good standard, particularly the Lamb Kleftiko & Vegetable Moussaka. Excellent service with friendly staff.
Prices average and on par with other restaurants in Kamari.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Amalthia restaurant offers an extensive menu of Mediterranean food choices that are as delicious as they are affordable. From appetizers to salads to main courses or desserts, the restaurant offers healthy Mediterranean dishes to suit even the most finicky eaters. Amalthia has a real Santorinian cuisine, a great variety of fresh sea food and their food is tasty and cheap. Overall great food, very nice garden, excellent service! In so saying you would be pleased in every way with this restaurant!
I LOVE GREEK ISLANDS!
For more up to date info, photo gallery & menu or if you want to make a reservation visit restaurant's site
www.amalthiatavern.com
Really informative site it helped me a lot!

2  Thank Fay-Matz
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went here to eat after a long day of ATV driving, and also a week later before departing Santorini, so I'll combine the two days.

My girlfriend had the Lamb Kleftiko both days, the most tender lamb you will ever experience. She had it a couple of times in a few other restaurants, but none came close to the tenderness, flavor and satisfaction of this meal. Highly recommended. I had the rabbit stew with yoghurt crust, which was just fantastic. The small onions in the stew were so soft and tender and full of flavor from the rabbit and the sauce. The second day I had the greek platter (meatballs, moussaka, stuffed tomatoes, beans and other things I don't remember the name of), and it was a perfect representation of the greek kitchen.

Our waiter both days was Edward, who made our experience something to remember. The taverna has a very relaxing atmosphere, with greek music and you really feel like you're sitting in a garden. The prices are VERY reasonable for the portions and quality of the food.

Highly recommended