“Very good, with room for improvement”
Review of Hotel 28

Hotel 28
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed July 29, 2014

What a lovely boutique hotel! Agi, Dimitra and Dora running the hotel were delightful, my partner and I were addressed by first name throughout and every interaction with them was a pleasure, they couldn't do enough to make us feel more welcome.

The positives:
1. The homemade food at the pool bar was sublime and very reasonably priced. (The drinks were more pricey but I can understand that). I recommend the Santorini Salad as well as the homemade chips and homemade chicken burger with locally sourced veg!
2. We never had a problem getting a sun lounger either (which were very comfortable and can easily justify a day spent lounging by the pool).
3. Despite what some people have commented, I found the breakfast to be acceptable: on offer were fresh fruit/cereal/toast with a range of condiments including honey, chocolate spread etc/breads/cake/local pastries/scrambled egg/boiled egg/bacon/sausages/a range of coffees and teas

The negatives:
1. The bathroom in room 206 was disappointingly small and basic, and the drains left a constantly unpleasant odour. The shower door was broken, and the shower temperature constantly fluctuating. The chrome on the shower controls and taps was scaled and looked dirty (even though I think it has just become like that over time).
2. Complimentary toiletries in the bathroom were not replenished once used up and I couldn't tell whether the bathroom had been cleaned or not each day
3. Wifi was very temperamental and worked only periodically (I was using an iPhone and iPad)

Would I return? Yes, and the staff are one of the main reasons for that. However, I fear that the bathroom would be in a much worse state by next year if nothing is done to it, so I still feel a little hesitant. Was the hotel good value for money? Yes, although I wouldn't pay anything more than the €110/night that we paid for our room.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Fantastic staff which make this hotel, drinks at bar very expensive more expensive than on beach front. Inside shower covered in black mold not the cleanest rooms cleaning much to be desired...if I ever went back to stay it would only be because of staff...

2  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed July 23, 2014

One of the best holidays ever. So relaxed. Hotel 28 was recommended by work colleagues. Wonderful staff, lovely pool and loungers. Clean, great location, good breakfast. These guys are giving their souls to make your holiday the tops and are so knowledgeable about the island, trips, restaurants and anything else you might need to know to make your holiday special. There is nothing they would not do for you, the place runs like clockwork and they make it look effortless.
Aggi, Dimi, Dora and Stellios are indeed very special people who make this hotel very special too.
Santorini is well worth a visit, with some stunning scenery and Kamari was in our opinion the best resort with plenty going on and a huge variety of bars and restaurants to choose from. A bonus is being able to use the sister hotel's beachfront facilities and loungers for free.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side room.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank LeQs
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I have just got back from two weeks in Kamari, staying at Hotel 28. It's been said by so many others, so I'll only underline the fact that the staff at this hotel really are excellent. They all go out of their way to help, they clearly enjoy their work and together create a fabulous environment. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool area is sheltered, very comfortable and there were always spare spaces while we were there. The bar drinks and food are great, and prices are very reasonable too. And by being a short walk outside of the main resort there's no need to be concerned about evening noise. There are plenty of bars and tavernas nearby so eating out every evening is a joy. And the island itself offers loads of things to do; sight-seeing, history, tours and fantastic sunshine. All in all, we loved it. Our thanks go out to the whole team at Hotel 28.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in Hotel 28 from 18.7 until 20.7.2014. We received a warm welcome from the staff when we arrived and also received a thurral information on the hotel and its amenities. I could see that the hotel staff was genuinely interested on how its customers are experiencing their visit. I was supplied with local knowledge and tips, which were very useful, thank you Aggi!

Hotel 28 is located near the Kamari beach and the Santorini airport is also closeby. There is a 24/7 minimarket near Hotel 28 (the west end of the Kamari beach). The hotel and the hotel rooms are built from concerete and have an unfinished and "industrial" look. I personally like it. Shower was good and I really enjoyed the high balcony, it was sunny there and the sea breeze gave much needed cooling. They have a small library at the hotel reception which is super nice if you did not remember to bring your own book/need reading by the pool. The pool area has plenty of sunbeds and the pool is big enough to do laps. There are also 4-6 beanbags available in the pool area, which you can use as a floating sunbed in the pool - a great idea and very comfortable! Breakfast was adequate and in Santorini standards good. I would add salads and fresh juices to the bf menu if possible. We also met our friends at the hotel and the hotel staff provided beach towels for our guests (they were not hotel guests at that time). I had few drinks and wine in the pool bar, reasonably priced imho. Our departure flight left at night time and the hotel staff let us keep our luggage in the hotel reception and also let us to have 2 beach towels so that we could enjoy our last day in Santorini at the White Beach.

Hotel 28 is high value for your money and I recommend to experience it yourself. I loved it. Thank you Aggi & Greetings from Finland.

p.s. I would suggest you to visit a restaurant called "Caldera Romantica" in west Santorini (Akrotiri), it is on the road that leads to the lighthouse, Faros. Fabulous cuisine and reasonably priced too!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are right beside pool, mountain view rooms have a view to the mountain and enjoy sun...
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here in early May 2014 and the staff are really nice
Good points are its nice and clean, pool is great exceot a bit cold when we went? There are some lovely comfortable beds at the side of the pool which make a great place to relax. Set back from the beach its quiet (exceot for the cockerel and its chickens which reside behind the hotel and take pleasure in waking you up as soon as it comes light which in our case was between 330am and 430am - you cant avoid the noise and it sounds like 3 cockerels it makes that much noise)
Bad points - the cockerel!!!! After a couple of days the continental breakfast gets a bit plain and its pribably better to head down to the front for a cheap breakfast at one of the many restaurants on the front at kamari. Its a good 10 mins walk diwn to the front at Kamari oast the bins which dont seem to get cleared very often.
The beds are a little hard on the back after a few days but the rooms are clean although having the wash basin in the bedroom instead of the bathroom we found rather strange.
Special mention to Alexanders restaurant at the mountain side of Kamari which serves fantastic fava and all round a really nice meal.
Overall the hotel is whats described by the other trip advisor reviewers and thats why we chose it and we were not disappointed as it was clean and welcoming. This hotel features in Thomsons small and friendly if you are interested. Its about a 5min taxi ride from airport for 10 euros which is a bit steep considering how close it is.
If you sleep like a log its a nice hotel.

Enjoy as Santirini is a beautiful destination to visit for a week and the vies of the caldera villages are stunning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I wanted to add our thanks to Aggi, Dimi, Dora and the rest of the Hotel 28 Team for the tremendous efforts they made to ensure we had an excellent holiday experience not only at the Hotel but on our Santorini Holiday as a whole. The service given by the team here is exceptional and, as with many other reviews show, how this has impacted on other holiday makers experiences at this lovely Hotel.

Derek and Jenny.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Derek P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Bellonias Villas
2 mi away
Stelios Place
Stelios Place
#2 of 40 in Perissa

Been to Hotel 28? Share your experiences!