What a lovely boutique hotel! Agi, Dimitra and Dora running the hotel were delightful, my partner and I were addressed by first name throughout and every interaction with them was a pleasure, they couldn't do enough to make us feel more welcome.
1. The homemade food at the pool bar was sublime and very reasonably priced. (The drinks were more pricey but I can understand that). I recommend the Santorini Salad as well as the homemade chips and homemade chicken burger with locally sourced veg!
2. We never had a problem getting a sun lounger either (which were very comfortable and can easily justify a day spent lounging by the pool).
3. Despite what some people have commented, I found the breakfast to be acceptable: on offer were fresh fruit/cereal/toast with a range of condiments including honey, chocolate spread etc/breads/cake/local pastries/scrambled egg/boiled egg/bacon/sausages/a range of coffees and teas
1. The bathroom in room 206 was disappointingly small and basic, and the drains left a constantly unpleasant odour. The shower door was broken, and the shower temperature constantly fluctuating. The chrome on the shower controls and taps was scaled and looked dirty (even though I think it has just become like that over time).
2. Complimentary toiletries in the bathroom were not replenished once used up and I couldn't tell whether the bathroom had been cleaned or not each day
3. Wifi was very temperamental and worked only periodically (I was using an iPhone and iPad)
Would I return? Yes, and the staff are one of the main reasons for that. However, I fear that the bathroom would be in a much worse state by next year if nothing is done to it, so I still feel a little hesitant. Was the hotel good value for money? Yes, although I wouldn't pay anything more than the €110/night that we paid for our room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel 28 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel 28 Santorini/Kamari