“Best fava and pita in Kamari”
Review of Irinis Taverna

Irinis Taverna
Ranked #44 of 119 Restaurants in Kamari
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the traditional dishes of Santorini, unique Greek recipes, local wine, fresh fish and fresh seafood. Since 1965 we offer to the visitors of Santorini unique traditional recipes and Greek dishes prepared with the best local products and great experience. The Café - Restaurant "Irini's" in Kamari is one of the first restaurants in the area and is famous for its traditional home recipes of Mrs. Irini, which will become your favorite traditional Greek seaside Tavern in Santorini island in Greece.
Ft. Worth, Texas
“Best fava and pita in Kamari”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

OK, we were on Santorini for 7 days, staying in Kamari, and so we had ample time to try every restaurant on the boardwalk. Hands down Irini's won for best fava and pita on the island! I also had the pastistio, and it was probably the best dish I had during my entire stay in Greece. Plus, the sweet elderly owner comes out and greets everyone - she's adorable. They've been at it since 1965 - when the island first got electricity, so they've figured out how to do it right!

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank seeitandbelieveit

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, CA
“Fantastic and authentic food that tastes like home-made”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We were walking up and down Kamari beach trying to find a place to eat and if course, every restaurant was trying to sell their stuff. We got to the end (or the start depending on where you entered from) of the walkway and found Irini's, which is a family owned restaurant where Irini, the 82 year old grandmother, still goes to work every day and cooks for a couple of hours. We tried the famous Santorini fried tomatoes (keftedes) and fried feta cheese there I can still remember the taste. The person who explained how they prepare the food (sidewalk marketer) was Irini's grandson and had a very pleasant personality. All the workers were friendly and they gave us free desert as well. If you're ever in Kamari, you should definitely try this place. You won't regret it.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank bewaremomisthere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“First meal in Santorini.... turned out to be the best!”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Kamari was our hub in Santorini. We LOVED the beachfront atmosphere. I will say that the waiter at Irinis sucked us in the first night (it is right on the end of the beach... the first place to eat we passed), but he was so great. After traveling for nearly 3 days, I was ready for some fresh food. I told the waiter this, and he recommended a vegetarian plate, something I wouldn't normally have chosen. It was AMAZING. I realize I am talking about veggies here, but they were perfect. The plate was grilled peppers (red, green, and yellow), zucchini, and something else. We ordered a side of potatoes. The waiter recommend a veal dish cooked in foil that he thought was fantastic as well. Overall, superb.

• Visited May 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, excellent food”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Would highly recommend. Both the food and service are top notch. Irini greeted us in person when we arrived and was friendly throughout. The waiters were also very professional, helpful and polite.

My wife and I ordered the grilled sea bass (49 Euros/Kg) - it was the best fish we have ever eaten; absolutely incredible! On the negative side the waiter tricked us a little - he said the fish weighed ~1Kg but it ended up being closer to 1.4Kg...This meant we paid significantly more than we would have liked. If this had not been the best fish we had ever eaten I would have had an issue.

We also ordered a salad and garlic bread - both were exquisite but the salad was on the small side. My wife and I also had a beer each - it was served ice-cold. When I commented that even the beer was great Irini let me into her secret of how she kept the beers cold back in the days when she had no fridge...

2 Thank Chris A