“Stunning food in a wonderful atmosphere!”
Review of Nichteri - CLOSED

Nichteri
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were here in October, as part of a wine tasting tour with SAFOWI, (Phenix Gilbert) our Greek Cookery demonstration and meal was held here, at Nichteri, with the amazingly talented chef Vassillis, and all I can say is "WOW"!! I have eaten in some top places (Eiffel Tower, Michelin starred restaurants etc) and this place is up there, it deserves michelin stars, but then that would maybe spoil the simplicity of the place, it had a wonderful setting on the black beach, and we enjoyed a fabulous lunch with wine, and food that will stay in my mind for a long time, thank you Nichteri!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were here in September 2013 and what a joy it was! Beautiful location, very knowledgable and very, very friendly staff and on top of that superb food that, like so many others have already written here, deserves a Michelin star. Some nights I still dream of the lamb shoulder... And those are good dreams! ;)

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well most of the restaurants on Kamari Beach were closed on the 22nd of October but some were still open and Nichteri was one of the most well presented one for starter. It really invited you to eat there. It was also noticeably cheaper than its neighbor, though they seemed to offer the same kind of food.
We were really happy to find some real Greek flavors there and as we didn't want to have a big lunch, we opted for a salad. One of the great things is that you can order a salad for 2 and they make it bigger, genius. We also had some Tzatziki, the best we had in all our trip! So good. The salad we had was the Grape salad and it was YUM! Very good and fresh and tasty. We also ordered some desserts as they had a really varied dessert menu. I ordered the Creme Brulee, and I am French and this was the best Creme Brulee I have ever had in my life. So amazing. My partner had the pecan and chocolate cake and he said it was brilliant too.
They gave us dessert wine as well which was a really nice touch. The waiter was a bit grumpy but he wasn't rude at all.
There were cats and dogs around which was a plus for me lol

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Vassilis Zacharakis and his crew are doing an excellent job. He is using local produce as much as possible, implemented in re-defined traditional Greek recipes alongside with more exotic ingredients (e.g. quinoa) fused in traditional dishes and tastes. You will have the most velvety "fava" ever (a local type of pulse, endemic only to Santorini) and the freshest fish on the island. The service is excellent, knowledgeable and totally not pretentious. The wine is very good, you can try local varieties and not only. The best deserts of the whole island are also served there. The prices are very modest, while the quality is outstanding. On par if not better than many Michelin star restaurants I have been. Zacharakis is a chef worth watching and even more so chatting with.
The restaurant stands out in the whole of Kamari; a true oasis in the desert of Santorini's mass tourism.

2  Thank Alettaki