“By far the best option in Kamari”
Review of Nichteri - CLOSED

Nichteri
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Worth the extra few minutes walk along the seafront, Nichteri is the culinary highlight of Kamari. Amongst a lot of very average options, here there is a noticeable difference in quality of ingredients and cooking. The local octopus and fava starter is a revelation, and the vine leaf risotto was amongst the best I have ever eaten. More than worth the few extra Euros it costs - especially as they still have perfectly decent house wine for under 10 Euros a bottle!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here after having a terrible dinner the evening previous. The food was good, the service was prompt, and the atmosphere is perfect. Set on the black sand beach of Kamari, you can't go wrong. You can definitely tell it was one of the cleaner places on the boardwalk, mad worth the few extra Euros. Look at the menus - nasty menu = nasty food. Nichteri was good! I had the pasta Nichteri and it was ad advertised!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We picked this restaurant for our last night in Kamari because of the good reviews, and also it was a bit more expensive and were expecting a bit more of a gourmet dining experience. The starter was lovely, mains were ok - a lot smaller portions than the other places we ate, but we hadn't been able to clean our plate so far on the trip so that was quite good. My partner ate a chicken dish and it was pretty bland. We splurged on dessert and ordered the choco t(h)ree to share. Whilst nice, and very pretty it was extremely rich - I would not order again unless sharing between 4-6 people. One or two bites was enough for me. Overall, this restaurant is not bad, but not as nice as some of the other places we ate where the food was more simple,rustic and tastier.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Picked this place for our wedding anniversary meal as I wanted something special, and was also recommended by our accommodation proprietor. The food and the service was fantastic! Also the waiters tell you exactly what the dish is and it's ingredients, we were also given a quality Santorini guide book to our surprise, which was a lovely touch. I had the Feta in pastry with honey and figs followed by the Souvlaki, both were fantastic. We were then presented with a Creme brûlée for dessert on the house! Had a great evening and would definately eat there again, in fact we did!! And it was superb again. Best place we ate at in our 11 nights!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant so much last year, the first thing we did upon arrival this year was to go and check it was still there!
Again, we visited 4 times during our holiday, and were never disappointed. Staff amazing (especially Dimitri) and food fantastic. Reading the menu doesn't particularly inspire, but every single dish we had was outstanding.
Hope we have the chance to come again.