“Best holiday I've had in ages! Total heaven!!!!”
Review of Ocean Bay Suites

Ocean Bay Suites
Ranked #2 of 47 Specialty Lodging in Kamari
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best holiday I've had in ages! Total heaven!!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I'm literally just back from Santorini. I stayed 5 nights in Studios Oceanic Bay and honestly … I couldn't have chosen a better place!
Vagelis is beyond lovely! the whole family makes you feel so welcome as well! His mum gave me lavender from their own garden to take home, which I still keep as it's so nice and smells amazing.
First impressions were amazing. I was travelling to santorini by ferry and was arriving extremely late. I phoned up, and Vagelis was helpful immediately, and arranged a transportation to pick me up from the port for only €15. I arrived at 3am and he was receiving me with a smile!
Location is perfect, at one end of Kamari, VERY close to everything, but also quiet as people see there is nothing further, so they turn around.
It's located literally just in front of the beach, I had breakfast every day in my balcony with a view of the beach. I just had to cross the wee street to get there! There are also sun beds and 'straw umbrellas' free to use for people staying there.
Breakfast was brought to the room every day! You just have to open your door and that is the sign to let them know you are ready :)
Gardens are beautiful, there is obviously a lot of time spent on them, and it shows.
The room where I stayed was big, very comfortable and clean. Wifi was very good.
I had the most relaxing time, I was travelling on my own and just felt extremely well looked after, and at home.
Kamari is quiet and nice, still you have lots of restaurants and a wonderful open cinema nearby.
I would definitely come back and stay here as I had the vacation I needed !!! The most relaxing time in ages! I can't thank Vagelis and his family enough :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Having just returned after spending 11 nights at the Studios Oceanic Bay I can honestly say this is an absolute gem of a place. Vagelis and his family welcome you with open arms and can't do enough for you. The location on the beach at the far end of Kamari is quiet and stunning, the rooms are spotless and well furnished with daily room service. The gardens are just fabulous and the family are justifiably proud of them.
All in all this is one exceptional family run small apartment complex and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Well done to Vagelis and family for providing the ultimate stay on Santorini.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have a better sea view, but our room No1 we liked because it was shaded and out of t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisC0929
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Simply stunning garden, they need to update their photos, they don't do the place justice. Perfect location, lovely vista, the garden is superb as I mentioned already, one of show winning quality. Breakfast is served on ones terrace or balcony, what a way to start the day, all rooms look directly over the garden out to the sea. The position is perfect, right at the end of the beach front road, everything you need is just a few steps away. The moment arrived I wish I was staying longer, and I was there for a week anyway. The Wi-FI was strong, and the car parking excellent. Vagelis and his mother were so very welcoming and and all the guests were as happy as I was, so the atmosphere was wonderful. It always helps if the owner is cheerful and happy, and he was. I would be very happy to spend a honeymoon there, it was such a romantic place, I'll be back for sure and I have already told all my friends and family to stay here if ever they get the chance.

Room Tip: They are all superb, all have a direct view of the garden and sea.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My sister and I have just returned from a fabulous 4 day trip to Santorini. From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome by Vagelis and his Mum, showed to our room and offered some home made wine. The room was spotless and very spacious. Breakfast was delivered to our room, at a time convenient to us every morning, and varied on a daily basis from croissants, bread, cold meat and cheese, greek yogurt and honey, and eggs, from the family farm. The location is perfect, directly across the road from the beach, and restaurants, tavernas and supermarkets are steps away. The gardens are absolutely stunning, with private balconies /terraces and 2 pergola areas, as well as a hot tub for those who don't like the beach. The local bus takes you to Fira in 15 mins so easy enough to explore the capital, and neighbouring villages. Having asked Vagelis to book us a taxi to take us to the airport while we did some last minute shopping, we returned to the room to find him waiting for us and along with his Mum, he drove us there (15mins away). A fantastic trip, that was made even more magical by staying here in the most beautiful surroundings, with fantastic hosts. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to anyone choosing to stay in Kamari Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fira, Greece
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The owners are very kindly and helpfull.
Rooms are clean and good looking, sea view is so nice.
It's the great place to spend lovely holidays in very good price.

And it's also one important thing, here is not windy unlike to Fira or Oia

Cheers from Poland :)

Stayed April 2014
Molde, Norway
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We spent three nights in Studios Oceanis Bay Hotel and had a very good time here. The hotel is at the end of the street full with hotels and restaurants in Kamari, so it was not noisy, but the beach and the restaurants were really close. We could also park quite near to the hotel.
The owners are very kind and smiling always. There is a small jakuzzi in the fully planted garden, which has actually a uniqe atmosphere.
The room was clean and tidy, the bathroom was not large, but okay. I really liked the view from the balcony and the calm environment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tesagi
Terrigal, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

What delightful intimate accomodation we were fortunate enough to experience! Absolute beachfront set in beautiful gardens, this apartment had everything we needed. Exceptionally clean, light, airy, good sized, we felt it was value for money. At the northern end of the restaurant strip of Kamari Beach, everything you need is only a minute away. From restaurants, shops, bakeries to bars and bustops. It wasn't only the accomodation that made our stay outstanding, but the whole experience. Vaggelis, the host, was so accomodating and friendly, sharing his wealth of local and historical knowledge. You can tell it is a family run business by the warmth shown to us. From the fresh cut flowers placed in our room straight from the garden, to the tour of sights around the island....nothing is too much trouble. You must stay here!! We long for the day when we will return! Mark and Sara, Australia

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple