“Relaxing, perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Bay Suites

Ocean Bay Suites
Ranked #2 of 48 Specialty Lodging in Kamari
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Relaxing, perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I am almost one year late posting this review, but have never forgotten the wonderful time I had on Santorini. I stayed at Studios Oceanis Bay for 5 days in June 2011, at the end of a 5 week trip through France & Italy. It was exactly as the photos show, and the perfect way to wind down after 4 weeks of rushing about. The hosts were so welcoming and lovely; even though I was early they still let me check in to my wonderful studio - I had the one on the ground floor, on the right. When I pulled back the curtains from the doors to the terrace and saw that view across the garden to the beach, all my stress from the craziness of the previous few weeks just fell away. I still look at the photos I took from that vantage point when I want to relax. The studios are perfectly situated at the top end of Kamari Beach, away from the busiest, noisiest part of the beach. This means it's peaceful at night, despite there being a bar next door (which was very handy with its loungers & umbrellas on the beach!). Yes, it is in the flight path for the airport, but so few planes come in, it truly was not a problem. The value for money is fantastic, and having your own kitchen means you can keep your stay as cheap as you want to. When I go back to Santorini, I will stay at Oceanis Bay Studios again - hopefully soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

We have just returned from an amazing week in Oceanis Bay Studio Apartments. We wanted a quiet seaview apartment and found the perfect location as it was overlooking the beautiful gardens and sea and was just at the end of the line of restaurants, bars and hotels. We had the beach more or less to ourselves. The room was fresh and clean and had everything we needed. The icing on the cake was the owner, Vaggelis and his lovely parents. He gave us a very warm welcome and a lovely cold beer while explaining all the lovely places we could visit and eat. He was always there to have a chat with or ask for advice. His mother is lovely and didn't mind coming back any time to clean the room. Of course you must expect to hear the planes but you are only ten minutes from the airport. We have had a marvelous holiday and it is all due to Vaggelis and his idealic place by the sea! Yes we will definitely return to Oceanis Bay Studios Apartments.

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the garden and sea.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret296
Ferrara, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We've just arrived from Santorini, where we spent eleven unforgettable days at Oceanis Studios Bay. We have found a very friendly atmosphere, large, cleaning and fully furnished room with a beautiful sea view. Vaggelis, the owner, was completely at our service and we can say with no doubts that we have found a new friend.
A special thanks also to Vaggelis's mom, who is for us just another mother.
If you want to spend some amazing days in Santorini go to Oceanis Studios Bay.
Luca e Katia

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuKa_2612
Heraklion, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed there a few days ago and we loved the place. The room was very clean and spacious, it had a wireless modem for internet access (quite fast), the bathroom was also quite clean and of course it only had a shower but it was quite ok. One of the best things at the hotel is the owners! It is a family-run hotel, but the owners are the friendliest people that i have ever met at a hotel! All of them (Vangelis and his parents) were keen to help us with everything, starting from a coffee while i was waiting them to clean my room from the previous couple's stay and ending with Vangelis insisting at carrying our (btw huge) luggage when we were leaving! One small issue that i had was that i was waiting for more than 1 hour for them to prepare my room at my arrival, but this showed me how important for them is the cleanliness of the rooms, which is great!!!
The location is quite great! It is next to the beach and a little bit far from the noise of Kamari, but close to all restaurants, bars and everything. The only issue are the planes (it is quite close to the airport, but i'm used to plane noise so it was fine with me).
Overall it was a great experience and if i ever go back to Santorini, i'll stay at Oceanis Bay!

Room Tip: Ask for the room upstairs - it has a great view :)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elias M
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed with my mom, and two daughters last year this time. The studio is clean, the service is very friendly. I would definitely stay there again. Vangelis is the manager who is extremely helpful. We made Dunkin donuts coffee for him to taste Yes, we had a stove top percolator with us. Now, while we were there the airlines were on strike, so we really weren't bothered by planes. The best part is that the beach is across a very narrow road. Never a car in front because it is a dead end. Great for families! There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and a laundromat/ cleaners close by. Remember this is not a hotel with a pool or fitness center. This is a very well maintained family/ budget studio equipped with pots, pans, dishes etc.
Vangelis will help you with tours as well. Vangelis, this is Mapia..yiasou!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Santorinigirl09
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have just spent two fantastic weeks on the amazing island of Santorini in Studios Oceanis Bay in Kamari. The owner Vaggelis is so kind, friendly, helpful and welcoming we felt at home as soon as we arrived. He arranged for an airport transfer for us when we arrived (€15) and was waiting for us and welcomed us with some beers. He recommended restaurants nearby and lots of places to visit on the island and was so friendly and chatty asking us about where we’d been each day, he even gave us a bottle of wine made by his father and drove us to the airport himself for our flight home. Any queries we had such as with the wireless internet password Vaggelis sorted out for us straight away. Vaggelis speaks excellent English and also several other languages. The studios are situated in a beautiful garden overlooking Kamari beach which is literally on the doorstep and are a wonderful place to watch the stunning sunrise! We stayed in the middle studio on the ground floor and loved sitting on our veranda in the mornings and evenings looking out at the garden and the Aegean sea. The studio itself is clean, comfortable and spacious with a kitchenette, bathroom, TV, air conditioning, safe and wireless internet access. The studios were cleaned everyday by a very nice lady who was very patient when we got up late lots of days and she had to wait for us!!! In Kamari there is the beautiful beach with a watersports centre, lots of restaurants and tavernas, cafés, bars, shops and supermarkets. You can also get the bus to Fira and Oia which are beautiful towns high on the cliff above the caldera with lots more restaurants, bars and shops, stunning views and spectacular sunsets. There are also many places to visit on the island to see the traditional and authentic Santorini such as Pyrgos and Ancient Thera and Vaggelis recommended the best wineries for us to visit. This is without doubt the best self-catering accommodation we have ever stayed in and that’s all down to Vagellis’ warm hospitality. We had an unforgettable holiday on the beautiful island of Santorini, we would not hesitate to recommend Studios Oceanis Bay and we are looking forward to staying there again sometime in the future. Ευχαριστώ πολύ Vagellis!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a sea view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Senorita12
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

People may all think they want to stay someplace with a view of the Caldera, but the spectacular sunrise view over the beach of Kamari is every bit as spectacular and Oceanis has that rare combination of view, amenities, cleanliness, and personable hosts. I can think of no place in the world that rivals the location and value for the price (and I have traveled to 17 countries). I even wrote about it in my blog http://elaine-travels.blogspot.com/2010/09/oceanis-bay-studios.html Since I stayed 11 days and got to experience all the villages, beaches and sights; I was always glad that I came "home" to my beautiful studio by the beach at Oceanis. Vaggelis was wonderful in recommending places and restaurants that are not the usual tourist traps and very encouraging as I practiced my limited Greek with him. Effaristo for a wonderful trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo