Just returned from a fortnight stay at the viva menorca, and had a fabulous holiday. There were a big group of us, 3 grandparents, myself and my wife, and our three daughters aged 4 and twins aged 2.
The good -
The staff and service was fantastic, from the management through to the cleaning staff - really made you feel welcome, always a smile and a 'hola' and they were really friendly and engaging with the kids, couldn't fault it. Apparently they are the best paid in the resort and it shows.
The pools were great, the kids loved the splash pool, the pirate ship is a great feature and there are enough slides to keep all ages happy. The only point worth mentioning is the slope into the pool was a little steep for my 2 year olds, which worried me in the beginning but they soon gained their confidence and there is a sign saying the pool is for 3-12yr olds only. The main pool is lovely too and warm which was a pleasant surprise, my 4 yr old learnt to swim in the big pool so i was very happy
The whole hotel is spotless - the cleaners remind me of that Tasmanian devil cartoon - never seen anyone clean so quick, its like watching a mini whirlwind with a feather duster poking out one side and a mop out of the other.
Food was great in the restaurant, big selection and they have themed nights, Mexican Moroccan etc. the food was too good really, I think if I’d done another week I’d have exploded. There is also a poolside bar which serves a great selection of proper meals which is very handy as you are not tied to restaurant opening hours and you can stay in your swimmers.
Entertainment was a real mix - there were a couple of nights I could have done with one of those red buttons from Britain’s got talent, but there were also some really good acts. Bubbles the clown and the acrobats were probably the best - but it’s all a matter of personal taste really. The one thing I was a little disappointed with was the kids disco I have seen better. But have to say the entertainments manager - Bastian was good. There is also a really good play area and bouncy castle next to the entertainments area which my kids loved, but at night while the shows were on it was a bit 'lord of the flies' like as there were loads of unattended kids everywhere, which was alright for my 4 yr old but after the first couple of nights I just let the twins go on during the day
The average -
It's a bit on the pricey side we went all inclusive and it was expensive. Having said that mojitos were included, and over the two weeks I’d probably had enough of them to come out on top. Also the rooms do not feel 4 star - the furniture is all a bit shabby and worn, but according to the owner of one of the bars around the harbour it seems to be like that in Menorca, 4 star is more like 3 star, but he did say it was the best in the resort, and it never bothered me
It is a bit of a trek to the beach, needed a pram with the 2yr olds, but there is a train which runs down to the beach regularly and we hired a 4 man pedal car which was great fun going to the beach because its downhill, on the way back it was more exercise than I intended doing on holiday, but then i suppose it worked off the plate of bacon I’d had for breakfast and again the kids loved it
The bad - None really
Resort is lovely, stunning beach, great for the kids, sea stays shallow for ages - but it does get very busy, so go early if you can. Harbour is nice too. Did a day trip to Ciudadella also – which is a lovely chilled town and hired a beach buggy type thing to explore the local beaches which was fun - the pick of which had to be Cala en Turqueta which is well worth a visit.
Would thoroughly recommend the hotel and the resort for a fabulous family holiday, i wouldn't personally go back, but that's just me - there is too much of the world to see to visit the same place twice, but i can understand why people would
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Menorca’s charm is unique: its beaches, its villages, its traditions and its peace and quiet. Add to that the most complete and modern facilities, the most attentive service, top quality delicious cuisine and an excellent location in Cala en Bosch,and you have the best holiday on the island. Perfect for families who come to have fun or for couples seeking a relaxing break,Viva Menorca was designed to guarantee its guests a truly unforgettable holiday. In its garden area guests of the Viva Menorca will find a sun terrace with a large swimming pool and a children’s playground. Children also will have a great time in our Splash-pools and Pirate Boats. Its rooms are generous and welcoming. It also features an indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and a massage service. Above all it has first-class restaurants to suit everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Viva Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Menorca Hotel Cala`n Bosch
- Viva Menorca Cala n Bosch
- Viva Menorca Apartments
- Viva Menorca Minorca, Spain