Just got back from a week of sunshine up to 48 degrees in the sun in menorca, stayed at the Hi cala n Bosch hotel, which is 3 star but could easily be a 4 star...The food is really nice and some dishes are cooked in front of you, but plenty choice and you wont go hungry, drinks are very generous too.... expect an expanding waistline.
The thing that you notice the most is the cleanliness of the island and the hotel, the island is very green and flowery with dry stone walls in abundance surrounding feilds and woods with sheep horses and cows, very beautiful view on tranfer... Rooms are cleaned daily, very impressed with that, the hotel is not overlooked and if you manage to get a pool/seaview room , which if you request on booking they did honour, it is breathtaking views.
The upmost suprise was the beach, on your door step, walk in up to your neck and you can still see the bottom it is so clear and clean, the bay generates waves which is great fun for all, it gets busy not suprising as its so beautiful and very theruputic and great for snorkling, lovely white fish....There is no fighting for sunbeds at the pool there are plenty but buy your own umbrella, there about 8 euro as there are not many at the pool and its great for the beach as you pay for sunbeds there.
The entertainment staff are very friendly and hardworking and fun, we made some lovely friends, there is a friendly atmosphere at the hotel throughout... the evening entertainment is shared between outside acts coming in and the entertainment staff, prepare to be entertained and have fun, they are so funny.
The bus to cuitidella is just outside the hotel, it is a 20 min air con ride for 1.85 euro one way, it is again beautiful lots of history and magnificent churches and quaint cafes and cobbled streets and unusual shops, and a magnificant harbour, dont miss the icecream shop, pishtasio icecream yum.....
This is an all inclusive hotel only, but it is good value for money, no complains and the amount of people we spoke to who return year after year, says it all....... enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THIS HOTEL HAS BEEN REFURBISHED DURING WINTER 2014/2015. Beautiful natural landscapes bathed in crystal clear blue waters, unique and unforgettable beauty of the Balearics - these are the experiences we would like to share with you in smartline Cala'n Bosch*** situated in Calan Bosch, Cap d'Artrutx, on the island of Menorca. A magnificent location of the hotel, sports and leisure facilities combined with peace and quiet atmosphere, so peculiar to the island of Menorca, will make your holiday with family, partner or friends an experience you would like to repeat again and again. The smartline Cala'n Bosch*** is located right on the beach of Calan Bosch in Cap D'Artrutx and 11 km from Ciutadella, former capital of Menorca. The hotel offers 188 rooms with balcony, air-conditioning, SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. The hotel is equipped with 1 adults' y 1 children's swimming pool, pool bar, snack bar, and is provided with direct access to the beach. The hotel offers gastronomic evenings and an enjoyable entertainment program with activities for all ages. Just 150 m away from the hotel you will find the marina of Calan Bosch where you will be able to enjoy water sports. Horse riding and cycling facilities as well as possibilities for cultural visits are also in the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smartline Cala'n Bosch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi Cala n Bosch Hotel
- Cala Bosch Hotel
- Hi Cala n Bosch Ciudadela
- Hotel Cala n Bosch
- Smartline Cala'n Bosch Minorca, Spain