We stayed at the Sal Falco from 16-23/09/2013.
On first arrival we were greeted warmly, and I had a good feeling about the atmosphere of the place. When we got to out family room, I was however a little disappointed - as many have mentioned, the rooms are a little tired now. However, having said that, I soon found that this was really only aesthetics - and if you can look past that (don't get me wrong - they are not *that* bad either - but definitely 3* at very best, and some of the fittings are poor quality) you soon find that they are actually well appointed - and the things you need are there. Good size safe, decent shower always with hot water (poor shower curtain protection however - seems almost impossible to prevent annoying bathroom floor floods), plenty of storage space, fridge, telephone, hair dryer. The TV however, not so good. Looks like a museum piece and provides a poor reception with only 2 English channels (both news). This is a little disappointing in 2013 - especially with a young child. We don't go on holiday to watch TV but when you have to be back to the room quite early to put your child to sleep it would be nice to have the option of some entertainment (thank goodness for the iPad and downloaded video content).
This was our first experience of all inclusive and it's pretty much what I expected. For a family with kids I think it works very well - the key being there's no waiting around for food and there's a good selection every day. The quality is variable - a lot of it very good (considering it's buffet - you can't expect a la carte standard, but it's very decent - I always enjoyed what I ate), some of it just 'ok'. Although there is variation - it's not huge but it's just about enough. The biggest problem is the temptation to eat too much ! ;-)
The staff are definitely worth a mention. We found them all friendly, helpful, hard working and mostly efficient. The grounds are kept looking very nice, the pools clean, the rooms clean. Sometimes the speed of clearing plates away in the restaurant could be improved - and at times when we wanted to sit in the outside area for lunch or dinner, many of the tables had been used. vacated but then not cleard and re-set which meant we ended up inside. However, relatively minor quiblle and on the flip side, When we had a problem with the room safe @ 22.30 pm - a call to reception and within 10 mins a technician had been out and fixed it. Special mention for Tomas in the restaurant and the girl usually on the information desk (sorry, didn't catch your name) who were always particularly warm and welcoming.
There are some other things that make this Hotel a very good choice too. Proximity to the beach - short walk (5 mins) and you are at a lovely little sandy beach with a small number of shops/restaurants. And just a little longer walk and you are @ Cala'n Bosch Marina. It's pretty much ideally located from that perspective - with supermarkets also nearby.
So what could be better? As mentioned, the rooms, and the TV. But the one thing that did really irritate me (and perhaps it won't everyone) was Wi-Fi access. 4 Euros for an hour (or I think 11 for all day) and then it doesn't even work in the rooms - only in the central hotel areas. In my opinion, in 2013, Hotels should NOT be charging guests for Wi-Fi access - and it should be available in every room at no charge. First hotel I've been to in quite some time when you are charged for Wi-Fi. Perhaps Menorca is a little behind in this regard.
So in summary. Good hotel - all the important things it gets right (except for Wi-Fi access and TV facilities). As long as you can look past the room aesthetics / fittings quality - you should have a very enjoyable stay here and should we go back to Menorca, I would definietly consider staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia presents SOL FALCO All Inclusive hotel, is just 250m fron the beach, 700m from the leisure, shopping and entertainment facilities and the marina. The recently renovated rooms with modern and elegant décor are characterised by their brightness, with light and fresh colours. 7 outdoor swimming pools and one children’s pool. We also have a pool for guests seeking that extra bit of peace and quiet. Buffet offering two show-cooking stations. Lounge Bar & Snack Bar-Restaurant. The Sol Falcó All Inclusive provides, amongst its services and facilities, the Katmandu Adventures, the newest branded children’s resort club experience. Varied evening entertainment programme with musicals by our in-house production team, plus new shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Hotwire, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sol Falco All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Falco Hotel Cala`n Bosch
- Sol Melia Ciudadela
- Sol Falco Ciudadela
- Sol Falco All Inclusive Minorca, Spain